Hacking Vita has been hacked, developers needed

D

Deleted_171835

If there is one reason I hope the Vita is hacked earlier than the 3DS, it's because I'm not sure Nintendo's online is competent enough to handle hackers on online games such as Mario Kart. I know they have a patching system in play but I'm still kind of doubtful.

Trying to argue that the Vita has more (and better) games than the 3DS is like trying to argue that the N-Gage library is better than the GBA's. You can have your opinion and all but it's just wrong.
Pray tell, what are those wonderful games the 3DS has and the average Vita owner is jealous of?

You have Metal Gear 3D, Vita owners have Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. You have Kid Icarus, Vita owners have Gravity Daze. You have Dead or Alive Dimensions, Vita owners have Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. You have Mario Kart, they have Wipeout. You have BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II - they have BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend. You're waiting for Monster Hunter Tri G, they're waiting for Soul Sacrifice. You have Devil Survivor: Overclocked - they have Persona 4 Golden. I can go on, and I really don't see a problem here. To the contrary, I see no drought neither in the library nor in the development.
And then there are games such as Super Mario 3D Land, Mighty Switch Force, Mutant Mudds, Street Fighter IV: 3D, Tekken 3D: Prime Edition, Pushmo, Tales of the Abyss 3D, Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (appeals to some), Heroes of Ruin, Mario Tennis Open, Rhythm Thief, Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy, Nano Assault, Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy, Resident Evil: Revelations, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars and more.

Why don't you just check this lovely thread I made?
http://gbatemp.net/t...ndation-thread/

And these,
http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=457188
http://vsrecommended...ki/Nintendo_3DS

Foxi4, even the most devout Vita owners will attest to this as one look at both libraries should make that clear. Arguing otherwise makes you seem like a fanboy.

Reactions: 5 people

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Can everyone just knock it off with the Vita vs 3DS bullshit. It is really incredibly irritating to read. The prospect of native Vita homebrew is just so tantalizing that I don't want to see this thread being bogged down with retarded fanboy bullshit. Are we scene enthusiasts here or are we just a bunch of children who do nothing but talk absolute shit?

So either leave your petty fanboyism at the door before you even think about replying in this thread from now on or I will kick you off the forum until you learn to grow up.

Kthnx

/rant

Reactions: 11 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
HE STARTED IT! YOU ALL SAW IT!

But yeah, user mode... I see it as... kind of a hindrance, really. Remember compatibility issues caused by HBL on the original PSP and then VHBL on the Vita? User mode isn't exactly coder-friendly, you still have to "ask for access" whenever you want to use some hardware, and sometimes the answer is "lolnou". I hope it won't be a hindrence, plus, I hope they'll eventually gain kernel access.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
@soulx

You seem to have forgotten the rampant cheaters on the PSP. You ever play MoH or Socom? No amount of patches fixed that. So, I really doubt that the Vita will fare any better.

On a side note: time to start looking at a Vita. :)

Reactions: 1 person

ShadowSora13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
....Guys rushing up anything again just read the topic the Dev himselft said that propably a 3ds hack will be faster than vita's w8 and see.... though that emulation power that this machine wields :O ITS OVER 9000!!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@soulx You seem to have forgotten the rampant cheaters on the PSP. You ever play MoH or Socom? No amount of patches fixed that. So, I really doubt that the Vita will fare any better.
*cough cough* Multiplayer on the DS, anyone? Have you tried playing Metroid Prime: Hunters lately, for example?

Most early multiplayer games for the DS are completely unplayable due to hacks, exploits and cheats and due to the fact that they are made to work in DS-Mode, they're also unpatchable. Both the Vita and the 3DS have the capacity to install necessary patches to games, so that's much less of a problem nowadays.

It's a shame because the DS has a whole lot of fantastic multiplayer games that are simply ruined by spoiled brats who "don't get" what fair competition in cyber-sports means.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Anyone read the twitter conversation between the hacker and an official vita developer?

@yifanlu :(
@Ouren :( ?
@yifanlu ;_; I'm a vita dev.
@Ouren I'm a part time game developer too. Why :( ?
@yifanlu We're really, really indie, and it's sad to see that the platform we've chosen to invest in ... will now be a hotbed for things...}
@Ouren and also, thank you for making Vita games. We really need more of those.
@yifanlu Why would people want to buy games when they can just download my game from the next and load it up. It's not on a cart.
@Ouren ? Because your game is encrypted and again, physically impossible to decrypt or load retail games with my exploit.
@yifanlu Your exploit doesn't do anything, yes, yes, I know. But it's an open door. Not for you, but for people who want to destroy us.
@Ouren Again, I apologize, but what can I do about what others may possibly do in the future? I would be glad to do anything in my power.
@yifanlu If you did everything in your power, you'd have not given random maniacs the keys to the car. :(
@Ouren there's nothing I could say to assuage your fears that I haven't already :(

We are Team Twiizers! We are not responsible for what people may possibly do with our exploit!

I can't help but laugh at yifanlu's chat log. "OMG WE'RE SO INDIE!" Is this guy/chick serious? Not to disrespect his/her developer prowess, but seriously...who says shit like that?

(Yes I understand that he/she is upset about the Vita being hacked. I'm just talking about the way he/she said it.)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I like how a lot of people are pissed that the Vita memory cards are tied to the PSN account of the users when it's a portable console, not a home console. It's not something that you share with your family, it's something you go out with to play on the go. It's a personal object, not a family object.

As far as CMA is concerned, there's OpenCMA, plus, I'm pretty sure that if you can afford a Vita, you already have an internet connection. It's an inconvenience, I'll give you that, but it was never a big deal. The only reason why Sony even implemented this feature was live patching and firmware updates notifications on-the-fly - after the PSP got ripped open by hackers, they wanted to cover their bases, and that's understandable.

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
I'll be honest. 3DS has obviously got better security, having said that, it may already be cracked, but Niemod does not like piracy, and he's smart enough to know it would lead to piracy. I think if homebrew comes on the Vita, I would buy it. But I also admit that I would become a bit of a pirate.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how a lot of people are pissed that the Vita memory cards are tied to the PSN account of the users when it's a portable console, not a home console. It's not something that you share with your family, it's something you go out with to play on the go. It's a personal object, not a family object.

As far as CMA is concerned, there's OpenCMA, plus, I'm pretty sure that if you can afford a Vita, you already have an internet connection. It's an inconvenience, I'll give you that, but it was never a big deal. The only reason why Sony even implemented this feature was live patching and firmware updates notifications on-the-fly - after the PSP got ripped open by hackers, they wanted to cover their bases, and that's understandable.
It was mostly having more then one account to access stuff from other regions and OpenCMA doesn't work well the one on PC the Mac one works fine it will get fixed later though.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

It was mostly having more then one account to access stuff from other regions and OpenCMA doesn't work well the one on PC the Mac one works fine it will get fixed later though.
Y'know, at least you can access stuff from other regions *at all*. Judging from the last few years of handheld development, it's not a given. Heck, if I got a dollar for every single time I read "PAL", "NTSC" and "*insert handheld*" in one sentece, I'd be rich by now... instead I have to explain how region locking on handhelds is artificial, mainly because... y'know... it is.

D

Deleted_171835

Y'know, at least you can access stuff from other regions *at all*. Judging from the last few years of handheld development, it's not a given. Heck, if I got a dollar for every single time I read "PAL", "NTSC" and "*insert handheld*" in one sentece, I'd be rich by now... instead I have to explain how region locking on handhelds is artificial, mainly because... y'know... it is.
All the fuss over the memory cards being locked is because it was a feature that was previously allowed and then taken out thus destroying the save files of a number of people in the process.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @Xdqwerty a rapper