Hacking Vita Email App Down?

jamesalfred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Ok, I confirmed it. I updated my Vita to 3.51 manually (I want to use Rejuvenate), and tried the email app again. Voila! It synced almost immediately with my gmail. I don't know what Sony did, but I think lower firmwares won't work anymore. Exploiting my PS Vita ASAP.

EDIT: Oh, and if you want to know the method, I found the guide here: http://www.guidingtech.com/42173/offline-update-ps-vita-firmware/

For the OFW downloads, here (the one listed on the guide does not work anymore): https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AJmGyjhcm8GOU0I&id=B16C67372E97A978!177&cid=B16C67372E97A978

And for the .xml template, here: https://github.com/codestation/qcma...7c21069edc63e95ede6fa54f/common/resources/xml

Be warned, the .xml is rather different. You need to adjust the country ID to your PSN account.

Last note, sometimes the qCMA won't work immediately. I don't know why. What I did is I downloaded the original CMA, run it, uninstall it, then reinstall qCMA.

Good luck

Last edited by jamesalfred,

snappycg1996

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Vita allows system update from certain games? I kinda just got my Vita yesterday lol. Tough luck.

EDIT: Upon googling, I found a method to update Vita's firmware manually. I'll try to update past 3.18 to see which firmware is affected. Will report back later.
Thanks much man, please report back!! Voxel and someone else reported the email app still working... I believe it was 3.30-50ish... please report back what works. Thanks!

EDIT: just seen your post lol... TN-V and PSP ISOs won't work on that firmware, right?

Last edited by snappycg1996,

jamesalfred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

xy2_

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The email app is not down: it's gmail fucking you, most likely (insecure device bullsh*t.) For some reason it works perfectly on newer firmwares, as jamesalfred pointed out.

There is no easy way around this, so I'll cite an excerpt from the Vita Handbook on this issue:

Vita Handbook said:
Picture the scenario. You are peacefully trying to setup MailWriter. You register your
email, only to face the notorious error C2-14393-0. C2-14393-0 is the bane of any Vita
hacker: it happens seemingly randomly with Gmail emails. If you face this errror, the two
vital steps to take are:

1. Enable insecure devices to access the email account.
2. Enable 2-step verification.

If this fixes C2-14391-8, congratulations. However, if you are still faced with C2-14391-8,
you will have to deal with it for a few days (it can disappear seemingly randomly after)
and use the alternative method to dump files, music database hacking. The following will
also be useful to you if you desire to use music database hacking instead of the MailWriter
setup, since it can dump files without a size limit.

= Firmware 3.00 to 3.52 - You can still dump files on 3.55 but not write them, follow
TRI2-B
= An "broken" email account
= QCMA
= SQLite Browser

1. First, we will make the email account semi-functional: register the email under "Other",
this will allow you to recieve but not send emails. For dumping, the music database method
has to be used.
2. Install SQLite Browser.
3. Write these databases to your Vita: Link
4. Install them via MailWriter.
5. Send yourself an email with the path to the file you want to dump as subject
(eg. vd0:registry/system.dreg). You should find a file in the archive named [/#1], attach
that file to the email - you will need to attach it for each subsequent dump.
6. Back on the Vita, open the email and forward it (click on the circular arrows, then
the third option.) Once you see the forward window (it will take more time if your file
is big) press the PS button and do not close the email app.
7. Open the music app. Connect the Vita to your computer, then export mail.db - this will
dump your mail database.
8. Open mail.db via SQLite Browser, go to browse data and choose "DT_MESSAGE_PART". Look
for your file name in this format: "\\..\\..\\..\\pspemu\\PSP\\SAVEDATA\\DUMP
\\file.ext", in our case "\\..\\..\\..\\pspemu\\PSP\\SAVEDATA\\DUMP\\system.dreg". Right
to it is written the filepath, which will look like "ux0:email/message/00/00/xy.Part.2.dat"
with xy representing a number. This number determines what to dump from the music database,
for example if you get "ux0:email/message/00/00/28.Part.2.dat" then you know you need to dump
file 28.
9. Finally, once you have located your file, select the corresponding number in the music
app and dump it; it will end up as "xy.Part.2.dat", in our case "28.Part.2.dat", but it
is still the same file: simply change the name and extension.

Last edited by xy2_,

snappycg1996

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The email app is not down: it's gmail fucking you, most likely (insecure device bullsh*t.) For some reason it works perfectly on newer firmwares, as jamesalfred pointed out.

There is no easy way around this, so I'll cite an excerpt from the Vita Handbook on this issue:

Nope, that's not it lol I've used my current email for many years, I know it's setup to slow anything, and the hack one I made is the same way. It's ironic that me and other people encounter the same issue on the same day. Somehow lower firmwares just can no longer use the email app. Something I guess Sony could do to stop piracy. But I'll try that tonight or tomorrow when I'm off work. :)

Last edited by snappycg1996,

pikpol

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have the same problem and I live in Europe. My gmail and hotmail accounts are not working on PS TV 3.20, even though they work on PS Vita 3.36.

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The email providers update their security protocols from time to time. The Vita email client doesn't connect to Sony and has no way for them to block it, if it did they would have done so long ago with the mail hacks. Set your email provider to accept insecure clients. Non updated email clients won't work forever. There will come a day when its no longer usable, even with setting your provider to use older standards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: CD-Rs should work fine on all 3DO systems