Vita 2 almost spotted in the wild

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
Almost but not quite but so much more really:

OLED as well but €500 as well. Still its obviously capable and the form factor looks superb and its running pretty much anything you could imagine.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost but not quite but so much more really:

OLED as well but €500 as well. Still its obviously capable and the form factor looks superb and its running pretty much anything you could imagine.

im getting tempted for one of these things ...>>> im thinking steam deck for Xmas for myself is there anything that beats the steam deck atm in power >? i know i get a $1000 Work Bonus ..(same every year the stingy F*ckers ) .....

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
I think its best to wait a year for these devices as there is novelty tax in full effect at the moment. After that we'll see far more affordable tech with better specifications.

This one does look really good though compared to the rest in terms of price and power plus that OLED screen makes all the difference. Also I like its size, design and stacked analog triggers.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
im getting tempted for one of these things ...>>> im thinking steam deck for Xmas for myself is there anything that beats the steam deck atm in power >? i know i get a $1000 Work Bonus ..(same every year the stingy F*ckers ) .....
For the price? No. Other devices that have similar performance are double the price.

I'd hold off on anything other than the Steam Deck right now. All of the other devices out right now have 5000 series AMD APUs which have older gen graphics cores. The Steam Deck is a custom APU that uses RDNA2 graphics which is the same series that's in the PS5/XSX.

New faster stuff will come in the future, but it will be pricey. Get a $400 64GB Steam Deck, and upgrade it with a 1TB NVME drive, and a matte anti-glare screen protector if you want that. You'll have a better device than the 512GB Steam Deck for about $100 less.

Reactions: SuperDan

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean the Vita had its sticks at the bottom...

Nitpicking aside, I've always been a fan watching these handheld reviews and wondering which one I would actually pick up. Though I always get stuck on controller layouts, usually preferring Nintendo layouts or both sticks on the same level. Pretty sure it's out there and I'm just too lazy to look.

Reactions: SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the price? No. Other devices that have similar performance are double the price.

I'd hold off on anything other than the Steam Deck right now. All of the other devices out right now have 5000 series AMD APUs which have older gen graphics cores. The Steam Deck is a custom APU that uses RDNA2 graphics which is the same series that's in the PS5/XSX.

New faster stuff will come in the future, but it will be pricey. Get a $400 64GB Steam Deck, and upgrade it with a 1TB NVME drive, and a matte anti-glare screen protector if you want that. You'll have a better device than the 512GB Steam Deck for about $100 less.
Steam deck looks the best $400 isn't too bad as in i bought a OLED Switch last Xmas ... & ive been enjoying that ..surely Steam Deck is better ..as the Switch is OK'ish but seem under powered with some decent ports ... some are just crap.. i'd only give the Switch 6/10 its fun i like it ... but there's that niggle it could have been better all the time

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Steam deck looks the best $400 isn't too bad as in i bought a OLED Switch last Xmas ... & ive been enjoying that ..surely Steam Deck is better ..as the Switch is OK'ish but seem under powered with some decent ports ... some are just crap.. i'd only give the Switch 6/10 its fun i like it ... but there's that niggle it could have been better all the time
The Switch feels weirdly half assed. Games definitely work if you're into them. But Everything else feels so... cheap? It's been how long and only two basic themes. eShop has no personality and feels jank, same with the Nintendo Online menu. And the obvious: Joycons.

elpapadelospollitos

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For the two sticks same level-at-the-bottom layout the retroid pocket 3 is very good, plays dreamcast and below perfectly, including android apps, ds and psp and a little extra of ps2 and gamecube but no miracles.

For 129 dollars i think it's great value honestly.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch feels weirdly half assed. Games definitely work if you're into them. But Everything else feels so... cheap? It's been how long and only two basic themes. eShop has no personality and feels jank, same with the Nintendo Online menu. And the obvious: Joycons.
Exactly this 100% i still like it Zelda BOTW 2 & Metroid 4 still keep me hanging in there ... but yeah its cool my im not that impressed

Reactions: Tsukiru

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
The Steam Deck doesn't feel as polished as the Switch, but that's because the games are made for a PC versus a console. On the Switch, you launch a game and it just runs, on the Steam Deck, you might get an external launch and have to fiddle with things. Some games have issues due to things like video codecs for cutscenes which can be worked around as well.

That said, the Steam Deck can provide a solid gaming experience at, at least 720p 30fps. You can tweak from there maybe going to 40 or even 60.

If you don't mind tinkering rather than feel the Switch could be better, I have the feeling of this is amazing and the wrinkles keep getting ironed out with each new update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel