Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
noONE said:
Well, we don't got good N64 Emulators, so i guess I would use it primarly for N64..

Uhh, have you been living under a rock? Project 64 handles every VC game and more 99-100% perfect, unless of course you're trying to run it on an Amiga.

EDIT: Also, these emulators are tweaked specifically for every game. Sure, some emulators will run some games, but don't expect it to run every game (i.e. don't expect Super Mario 64 to Run Majora's Mask or Shadows of the Empire flawlessly). You're better off getting a standalone emulator on the Wii if you're interested in getting every game up on there.

Movi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Except that project64 has customized assembly routines for x86, and the Wii has a PPC core, not to mention it's made for DirectX. Unless you're willing to rewrite those, i don't think we'll be seeing an "easy port"

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe someone will actually use Mario Kart's "Add Mario Kart Channel" , and hack it , a la twilight exploit , and let us use a modified version of Mario Kart to install VC games.

Pici

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Roamin64 said:
Maybe someone will actually use Mario Kart's "Add Mario Kart Channel" , and hack it , a la twilight exploit , and let us use a modified version of Mario Kart to install VC games.

trucha signer won't open mario kart wii, so it is not possible for the moment, but that's a good idea

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pici said:
Roamin64 said:

trucha signer won't open mario kart wii, so it is not possible for the moment, but that's a good idea

Oh yes it can
smile.gif
have a look at some of waninoko's posts!

Pici

Trophies
XP
Country
France
oh sorry i didn't know.
But once the channel installed, i doubt it'll be possible to install another one after.
But it's up to the hackers !

Timmyhawky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
We can simply write our own files using a Wii update.
The easiest way is replacing a existing file(which you don't have on your Wii yet, other wise it doesn't install) with you one.

Watch out, this is a VERY easy way to brick your Wii if you don't know what you are doing!.

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we just upload any rom using the twilight hack? Although i would prefer the VC being hacked. So is this really possible? (Ya i just found this out and im really not going to read the whole thread).

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I'll wait till someone makes a prog to upload a whole mess of them. Or better yet a hacked version with any rom I want.
Though by that time we'll already have emulator channels and possibly our own custom single game channels. :3
So why bother with Nintendo's limited emulator?
Homebrew emulators have never let me down.
happy.gif

A few bugs here and there, but its fun to watch.

Would be cool if someone could find some unused features in the VC games.
Though that'll be very far off indeed :/

Oh ya, dont like the upload method. Kinda scary. Though ya, proof it works, thats cool.

lou_weed

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Renegade_R said:
Considering I have 2600 Wii points right now...I'd rather not have this released...besides you pirates have your LOL ROMZ.

you'd rather have this released and save your wii points for wii ware..

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather just use an emulator dvd and keep the space on my wii for save games and other things downloaded through wiiware when it comes out.

I found a disc a while ago that has all the NES, SNES, Genesis, Sega Master System and Turbo Grafix 16 games and emulators on it. That disc rocks and all the games play quite well from it. Just use a gamecube memory card to save games and states and use a cube controller to play with.

Having them on channels is nice, but I don't play my VC games enough to have them load 1 minute faster.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I use the multi boot emu disc mentioned above for NES, SNES, TG16, SEGA, SMS, games. But I would still like to see this come to fruition so we can use it with wiiware games.

Also, I would really like to see a good N64 emulator. It could easily be done, because I'm sure the wii has atleast as much power as the original xbox. At least I hope.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.