GCN Viper GC upgrading to Cobra BIOS v2.1

kublai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

I have a Viper GC and I lost my USB adapter so I cannot flash my BIOs via USB. I was able to update my Viper GC to the Cobra BIOS v1.6 but I want to flash it to Cobra v2.1. The Cobra v1.6 had an ISO so I just burned the ISO, but the Viper 2.1 just have a viper21.gc file and I have been trying to create a ISO 9660 DVD but no luck getting it to see the BIOS. I have been trying to put the viper21.vgc file into the 1.6IOS but whenever I save it the file is 220k instead of the original size of 1.4GB so when I load the VD it keeps saying unknown filesystem. Anyone know if there's already a viper 2.1 iso or how I can add the viper21.vgc file to the original iso and keep the same file size so the file system is not changed and can be recognized?

Thanks in advance.

JakobAir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from my archives:

Using varous BIOS you can browse a DVDR to load files from it. This method is not how you burn a Backup/Copied 'Homebrew' Game Image.

Using NERO Burning ROM select “NEW” and pick DVD-ROM. Make sure under MULTISESSION it is set to “No Multisession” and then under ISO it’s set to “ISO 9660 only” with “Max. of 11 = 8 + 3 chars” and “ISO 9660 (standard ISO CD-ROM)”

NOTE: If you are using the Qoob BIOS you can choose "ISO 9600 + Joliet" as it can read long filenames!

Also make sure there are no relaxed restrictions.

If you are burning only a small amount of files, make sure you put at least 100 megabytes of garbage files on there with them.

Always remember to “finalize the session” when burning

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...