Violence in Video Games and Society

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As long as there are stupid people playing GTA then the world will always be violent.

(I'm not saying only stupid people play GTA I play it too but some idiots take it seriously and emulate the game in real life).

D

Deleted_171835

This is your thread. Post your opinion...

Violence will never go away. School-kids will always get into fights and governments will always participate in war. It’s a natural part of life.

There is nothing wrong with violence in video-games. Most people play video-games to get out of the real world and have fun. Not to become mad serial killers like the media claims. I didn’t go and shoot some strangers after playing GTA. I had fun and video-games are designed to be fun, with violence or with not.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:

Violence will never go away. School-kids will always get into fights and governments will always participate in war. It’s a natural part of life.

There is nothing wrong with violence in video-games. Most people play video-games to get out of the real world and have fun. Not to become mad serial killers like the media claims. I didn’t go and shoot some strangers after playing GTA. I had fun and video-games are designed to be fun, with violence or with not.

I was just saying some people can take it too seriously and have trouble separating reality from the gaming world. I agree with the government and the school kids thing.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:

That's the problem, you can't exactly go to an adult "I had fun killing strangers for no reason in my video game" without them blaming it on every crime ever committed, we need them to understand the joy in video games.

tenkai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not the games fault its the person who takes the action to hurt someone in real life,games are for entertainment just like movies,ect.

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pcmanrules said:
Video games don't cause it, if anything they keep people in their house. Video games are an excuse the government uses.

Government? I would say a parents excuse for them having a misbehaved child.
"Oh my son misbehaves and never listens, it MUST be video games, It's not like I'm a bad parent."

ByteMunch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
pcmanrules said:
Video games don't cause it, if anything they keep people in their house. Video games are an excuse the government uses.

"Oh my son misbehaves and never listens, it MUST be video games, It's not like I'm a bad parent."

lol, yeah! But we can DEFINITLY no longer have violence in any shape or form, be it a movie or game or... documentary, or anything! IT MUST ALL BE DESTROYED... WITH MORE VIOLENCE! FIFTY-TWELVE VIOLENCES!

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
pcmanrules said:

This

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SimpyDsi said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
pcmanrules said:

lol, yeah! But we can DEFINITLY no longer have violence in any shape or form, be it a movie or game or... documentary, or anything! IT MUST ALL BE DESTROYED... WITH MORE VIOLENCE! FIFTY-TWELVE VIOLENCES!

That will never happen, Humanity will always have people going against their leader no matter what, there will always be one individual who will break the peace and cause anarchy.

ByteMunch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
SimpyDsi said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
pcmanrules said:

That will never happen, Humanity will always have people going against their leader no matter what, there will always be one individual who will break the peace and cause anarchy.

Hey, that's me!

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SimpyDsi said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
SimpyDsi said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
pcmanrules said:

Hey, that's me!

Just to clarify, I'm not saying anarchy is always bad, sometimes you need anarchy to bring in the peace. but when you go over the top a war starts which will eventually start another war which will branch off into 2 wars. It's just the way things are right now, 1 death can trigger 1000's if not million's.

ByteMunch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
Just to clarify, I'm not saying anarchy is always bad, sometimes you need anarchy to bring in the peace. but when you go over the top a war starts which will eventually start another war which will branch off into 2 wars. It's just the way things are right now, 1 death can trigger 1000's if not million's.

Like the assassination of Franz Ferdinand sparking WWI? Right, it all makes sense now!

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SimpyDsi said:
BobTheJoeBob said:

Like the assassination of Franz Ferdinand sparking WWI? Right, it all makes sense now!
I was thinking of that exact example when making that post but couldn't remember the name of the guy.

ByteMunch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
SimpyDsi said:
BobTheJoeBob said:

I was thinking of that exact example when making that post but couldn't remember the name of the guy.

Well, you obviously explained your point perfectly
biggrin.gif

Anyway, we're offtopic now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P