Hardware Videos on 3DS

cartuchosds

Trophies
Website
www.r4dscards.info
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(cyb3ritachi @ Sep 23 2011, 12:14 AM)

QUOTE(ForteGospel @ Sep 23 2011, 01:08 AM)

QUOTE(Terenigma @ Mar 26 2011, 05:37 PM)
Can you put your own videos on 3DS using the SD card?

Iv tested it with photos and music (both of which work) but im curious if you can do the same with videos and if so what do you goto to view them?

Any format is fine as long as long as a converter exsists and im not bothered about 3d videos. i just wondered if theres anything like moonshell already built into the 3DS so i can hook up some personal videos of mine or possibly a tv show to watch on my 3DS

wait... what?
you can use the 3ds as an mp3 player?

Where have you been???????
i heard there was an update coming soon so 3ds can record video but i dnk when it will be release, i read in on gamefaqs

omg i just tried it, the r43ds is also a mp3 player!!
i am in love~~~
i have been using my ds lite as mp3 player for more than 3 years... and i was bummed that i couldnt play music in the r43ds anymore... GJ nintendo!!!
yaynds.gif
that is cool!!
Si il était déjà compatible avec la version 3.0.0-5 il devrait l'être aussi avec la 3.0.0-6.
Cette MAJ corrige des bugs uniquement d'après le site de big N.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE(cyb3ritachi @ Sep 23 2011, 12:14 AM)

QUOTE(ForteGospel @ Sep 23 2011, 01:08 AM)

QUOTE(Terenigma @ Mar 26 2011, 05:37 PM)
Can you put your own videos on 3DS using the SD card?

Iv tested it with photos and music (both of which work) but im curious if you can do the same with videos and if so what do you goto to view them?

Any format is fine as long as long as a converter exsists and im not bothered about 3d videos. i just wondered if theres anything like moonshell already built into the 3DS so i can hook up some personal videos of mine or possibly a tv show to watch on my 3DS

wait... what?
you can use the 3ds as an mp3 player?

Where have you been???????
i heard there was an update coming soon so 3ds can record video but i dnk when it will be release, i read in on gamefaqs

omg i just tried it, the r43ds is also a mp3 player!!
i am in love~~~
i have been using my ds lite as mp3 player for more than 3 years... and i was bummed that i couldnt play music in the r43ds anymore... GJ nintendo!!!
yaynds.gif
that is cool!!
Si il était déjà compatible avec la version 3.0.0-5 il devrait l'être aussi avec la 3.0.0-6.
Cette MAJ corrige des bugs uniquement d'après le site de big N.
You're in an english community. Please, speak english so that everyone can understand.

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully we'll see implementation for 3DS movie playback from flashcarts soon. I have an AceKard 2i & moonshell for playing standard(2D) videos right now. I hope there comes a way soon for doing the same with 3D movies/videos.

bqllpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know how to put videos up to 20 minutes into a 10 minute video space using the 3ds camera recording. Here's how. I had to use three different programs to do this and I'm still trying to get the audio quality better. Any input would help. The three programs I used are Windows Live Movie Maker (free for windows). I also used Format Factory (free Must be v.2.6 Disable the update or it won't work!) and Audacity (free).
First, load the video into Movie Maker. The clip has to be less than 20 minutes to work. Then, set the playback speed to x2 in the video editor
With Format Factory, load the video and convert to a .wav This is for the audio. Movie Maker doesn't play the audio when the clip is sped up.
Then load the .wav into Audacity and change the speed to increase 100% This also changes the pitch by 100%. Tweak this setting so that the total audio track time matches the video length time in Movie Maker. Otherwise the audio will be out of sync.
Export the audio as a a .wav
With Movie Maker, click the "Add Music" icon. Go to the .wav file you just made (100% speed increase) and set the start and end positions to match the full length of the clip.
Then save the sped up clip with the audio as a .wmv (Movie Maker doesn't give you a choice)

Then go to Format Factory again and load in the .wmv to convert. Select All to avi
In the output settings, use these:
Video encode: MJPEG
Video size:400x240
Bitrate: 16000
FPS: 30
Aspect Ratio: 4:3 if the original is this
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 if the original is this
Audio encode: PCM
Sample Rate: 44100
Bitrate: 128
Now convert the .wmv to .avi using these settings.
Now tranfer to the sd card and place them in the folder where all the other 3ds videos are stored.
Now change the name to HNI_xxxx where the x's are numbers but not the same as any pre existing video.
Put the sd card back into the 3ds and go to 3ds camera. View pictures and videos and the system will do a short update. For some reason, the vids are stored at the very start with the date 1/1/1900, but it's there.
Now play the video, but in the Edit Video mode. Move the slider all the way to the left and all the way down and there it is! The audio is a little buggy, but I'm sure someone can work out the kinks.

Enjoy!

bockadilla

Trophies
XP
Country
you can just import the whole video into audacity can't you? (1.3) and then speed it up if you need to or just convert it to .avi.

and does anyone know why some pictures don't show up? I rename them all and everything but only about half show up. maybe size? or the ratios to width and height?

ThatGuy25

Flutternaut Recon.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can just import the whole video into audacity can't you? (1.3) and then speed it up if you need to or just convert it to .avi.

and does anyone know why some pictures don't show up? I rename them all and everything but only about half show up. maybe size? or the ratios to width and height?

The 3DS can only view pictures of a certain hight and width. I think the max size is 640 x 320.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz