Hacking [Video] How to Install .CIA and DevMenu on Your Nintendo 3DS (With Gateway Emunand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray305

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why go through all that trouble? can't you just have devMenu.3ds on the red gateway card, launch that, then just install, say a theme pack .cia? or a .cia game?
That's exactly what I'm wondering but apparently a sysnand format is required.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
it's not required, some people like to format because it keeps sysnand and emunand separate. you will not see the things you install on emunand, on sysnand, etc. i think that's it...?
if you go to app data on sysnand, emunand stuff won't get deleted.

ryokoseigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So can I do step 2 now with .cia files installed on my emunand already?(IE I've been using devmenu for awhile now) Also can step 2 be explained further why its important? Is it just to make it so going to the data management menu in sysnand won't delete files? Also is there any downside to making them separate?

soniczeki

OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
So can I do step 2 now with .cia files installed on my emunand already?(IE I've been using devmenu for awhile now) Also can step 2 be explained further why its important? Is it just to make it so going to the data management menu in sysnand won't delete files? Also is there any downside to making them separate?

Yes.
If you going to the data management sysnand IT WILL DELETE ALL INSTALLED CIAs

That's why you must format sysnand.

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Phew finally found a cia guide. So you can do the process without formatting if I understand correctly. Only reason you do is so that data management doesn't delete all your stuff if you go to it either from sysnand or emunand. Did I get that about right? If I never go to data management then there's no risk.

soniczeki

OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Phew finally found a cia guide. So you can do the process without formatting if I understand correctly. Only reason you do is so that data management doesn't delete all your stuff if you go to it either from sysnand or emunand. Did I get that about right? If I never go to data management then there's no risk.

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since