Video Games Hero

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems the one in the video is the original version made by the creators. its all good. we all get to play the game nonetheless

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't work with Sakura:
Code:
Reboot ROM '/VGHERO.NDS'
Clear memory top= 0x02135090. 2924400byte.
Fatal error: Large file size!! (Limit 2MByte)

Application halted!!
Please refer [/SYSTEM/m3sakura/logbuf.txt]
But it works well enough in the latest versions of the M3 Real and iTouchDS firmwares.

1337Nemo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried playing it with a Ncard and failed.. but I wrote him an Email about it and he said that there will be a solution for N-Card users
biggrin.gif
These guys are fast.. they got my vote for everything
wink.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you really want to hear all the songs, open the song folder on your PC and listen to them in WinAMP... it plays all the sound files...

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FlyingPretzel said:
works on r4?

people said its not and
the download stops at 4.8 mb for me (downloaded it like 10 times from diffrent sites)
it works on r4 1.18 for me
just dl again or use download managers to resume downloads

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
For the Set 13 songs. (only found out how to unlock 3 out of 5.)

1. WipeOut (Unlock by performing an EPIC FAIL on any song, preferrably the first one. Quitting a song mid way through also counts.)
2. unknown (unlock to be determined.)
3. unknown (unlock to be determined.)
4. Happy Birthday (unlocked if Today's date, according to your DS, matches your birthday, according to your DS.)
5. Happy Holidays (unlocked if Today's date, according to your DS is Dec 25.)

Sets 2-12 are unlocked by passing every song in previous set.

skagamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be very surprised if this doesn't win. Sure it's a GH clone, but the quality of this homebrew goes beyond what we're used to seeing. I wish the sound quality was better though. Maybe in VGH2???
yaynds.gif

pilotwangs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
skagamer said:
I'll be very surprised if this doesn't win. Sure it's a GH clone, but the quality of this homebrew goes beyond what we're used to seeing. I wish the sound quality was better though. Maybe in VGH2???
yaynds.gif
Try using headphones.

@ caitsith2:

I have found those aswell,still trying to find the entertainer and Rock'a'Doodle.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the frets are kinda "floating" in the air so its not always exactly clear when they reach the line where youre supposed to hit them.
sry for my bad english.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This looks great. I'll have to give it a try sometime, as soon as I can be bothered to dig up my DS.

adamrgolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is pure gold. Well done.

Edit: Also, I've tested this on an R4 and a CycloDS Evolution and it works beautifully.

Fakie!

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
zidane_genome said:
If you really want to hear all the songs, open the song folder on your PC and listen to them in WinAMP... it plays all the sound files...

DSOrganize plays them all just fine too.

Anyway, I think we know now who the winner of the bounty is. This really deserves to win. So much effort put into it, heck, it looks and plays better than tons of DS commercial games.

Kudos to the developer.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just threw this on my CycloDS to check it out. Pretty nice! Kinda funny that Ninty themselves didn't think of this.....using midi tunes as opposed to actual songs so you could have a larger variety of music in one rhythm game while taking up a hell of a lot less space.

I should contribute to the bounty just to vote for this. I just might do that. I mean, other than a few PC games that were "homebrew-ported" to, or "homebrew-remade" for the DS (Lemmings, Tyrian, DScent, Doom, etc.) I was never too impressed with many of the homebrew games (I consider homebrew utilities and emu's something completely different). Most homebrew games always just seemed amateurish, poorly conceived, not fun, too short or simplistic to me for the most part. This is VERY well done and the fact that it has a few dozen tunes to go through, in multiple difficulty levels, actually puts many REAL DS games to shame, let alone other homebrew efforts.

So far, this game looks like a shoe-in for the first place Homebrew Bounty winnings. In fact, this game should be on store shelves next to the official rhythm games.

Kudos to sumiguchi and spriteattack for such a AAA entry! You guys gonna get some cash!

MAD_BOY

Lazy bum
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just completed the game on expert. Really great game. Staying on my r4 together with good old EBA.
Kudo's to the devs. This would've been a really great commercial game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, and retroactively the internet's praise +1