Verizon VS Sprint

BenRK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I'm looking to get a tablet with a data plan. I live in an area with very poor coverage by any other companies, so stuff like AT&T and the like are out of the question.

Anyway, been looking around, and I've come to the conclusion that either Verizon or Sprint is what I should go with, but I'm not sure which. I know Verizon coverage is MUCH better in the area and that much of the supposed coverage from Sprint is actually roaming off of Verizon. However, Sprint has more data for the same price... See what I'm getting at?

So, which should I go for? I've heard some horror stories of Sprint terminating your contract if you roam too much, but Verizon doesn't look like it will be a walk in the park either...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have used both Sprint and Verizon before, I lean more towards Sprint. They do cost a little more, but Verizon was horrible with billing (at least with in my old town, this could be different in other areas.) As well Sprint seems to have far better service in remote areas. This is just the experience I have had with both of them, it could be different for everyone honestly.

Deleted member 318366

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used verizon before and in my personal experience it was bad. My t-mobile service doesn't beg to differ well either but i am not one to question your decision on which one you'll choose or should choose, go with which ever service you like. Never used sprint before but my friend has and i've heard some good things about it. :P

BenRK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They do cost a little more, but Verizon was horrible with billing (at least with in my old town, this could be different in other areas.)

What do you mean by "horrible with billing?" Do you mean they don't remind you or send you a tree's worth of bills or have a shit ton of hidden costs or what?

And I've heard that with Sprint, too much roaming means you lose your service, and if that's the case... Well, there's very little actual Sprint service in this area, just to give you an idea.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What do you mean by "horrible with billing?" Do you mean they don't remind you or send you a tree's worth of bills or have a shit ton of hidden costs or what?

And I've heard that with Sprint, too much roaming means you lose your service, and if that's the case... Well, there's very little actual Sprint service in this area, just to give you an idea.
It's more like I paid them and a week later they would say I didn't pay them and I would have to jump through hoops to prove I did pay them and then about week later they would do the very same thing again. Like they kept losing the bill or something.

I never had much trouble with Sprint, but I haven't used them recent years and I only used them in areas where they already had a lot service and I rarely ever roamed. So really I suggest looking into services that work best in your area and trying that instead.

BenRK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh don't get me wrong, where I live you can get anyone more or less. Take one step outside of town however and only Verizon and Sprint is there. What's the point in getting mobile data if I'm stuck to my apartment?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh don't get me wrong, where I live you can get anyone more or less. Take one step outside of town however and only Verizon and Sprint is there. What's the point in getting mobile data if I'm stuck to my apartment?
Then go with the one that works the best in your area. That's pretty much the extent of my advice on that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)