Hacking Verbatin Working bad

theforbidden1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys,
i recently had my wii moded with d2ckey and he problem is that some times i have disc cannot be read error.
I use Verbatin-R discs and i record at 2x
frown.gif

is this normal or is my Wii faulty?
Should i sell it and buy other?

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it's possible that you have a bad batch of Verbatims, or that you have Verbatims that use a different dye. But it doesn't mean that what works for a few will work for others, Best thing to do is try another brand of DVD-Rs and see if that makes a difference. It's also possible that your D2CKey is not installed correctly. Have you tried original disks for long periods of time without error?

theforbidden1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Some games work others don't.

Tennis Table i burned twice and it says disk error before i can start an exebition match.

Resident Evil 4 i can't see intro movie, but i can play, but sometimes in loads it says disk error.

I played a bit of super mario galaxy and supper paper mario and no messague so far.

I never played for a long time an original game only wii sports and a bit of zelda

mikagami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably the install job. I use Taiyo Yudens (best media) with ImgBurn and I've never had a problem.

What software are you using to burn?

nikigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I have the same problem. I have a d2b wii with wiikey installed. It was working fine for 2 weeks and all of a sudden the "an error has occurred..." started to appear. Just before that the disc stops spinning. I tried Verbatim and other media and then I realized that the originals are a problem too. I tried a couple of reinstalls of the wiikey and I don't remember if I covered the laser vent hole with the first install. Is it possible the laser died because of the covered vent? Any help is appreciated.

Oh, and I cleaned/scrubbed the contacts from flux, but that didn't help either.

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Verbatim DVD-R is the best media you can use. They only have 2 different dyes, both are pretty much the best you can get(MCC=Mitsubishi, TYG03=Taiyo Yuden), so it's definitely not the brand that is the problem.

Burn your ISO's with IMGburn at 4x, always 4x, it's the best. I've been burning over 60 games on both dyes so far and never had 1 fail, so that should definitely be good.

Be sure to download the latest firmware of your burner, since some old ones give trouble with the MCC dye of Verbatim, since it's such a new dye. Also, make sure you have verify on before burning in IMGburn. That way you can see if it's something wrong with your DVD or the Wii.

If the verify is without any trouble, the disc is an exact copy of the ISO you have and should work 100% sure on a well working Wii+chip.

Good luck

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't see the brand and type written on the burner itself, this is how you can figure it out:

1. Open your burning program, it should say which burner it is. IMGburn will show it to you straight away in the "Destination" box.

OR

2. Look it up in your system itself. The names I use might be a bit off, cause I just translated the dutch words I see on my system (dutch windows) to english.

Windows XP:

-Rightclick on My Computer and select properties.
-Choose the Hardware tab
-Click the above option, this should open up a new window in where you can see all the different stuff used in your computer
-Look for the one which says something like CD/DVD stations
-You'll most likely see 2 different ones. One is your DVD player, the other one your burner. I'd suggest you just google the names, if you can't figure which one it is.

neo_hito

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
exsphere.net
XP
Country
actually happens to me with my old Lite-on dvd burners.
I did the exact same thing with two dvds (burn @ 4x) and one would turn out perfect everytime yet the other one would get rejected by the wii all the time.

i'm still using nero6, and sometimes even when the disc verification says error, it will still run fine in the wii
blink.gif

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slimtype DVDRW SOSW-833S

Seems to be a lot of trouble with that burner mate: http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=slimtype+SOSW-833S&meta=

Anyway, here is the link to their latest firmware, you can always give it a try:
http://www.liteonit.eu/APPS/download_list....oduct=SOSW-833S

And to the former poster about still being to play your DVD after verification. That is correct, but it's really not too good for your Wii laser, as the data it contains isn't all an exact copy of what the original disc is, so you'll be putting extra pressure on your laser, which might result in not being able to read any DVD's at all.

I'd suggest, if your verify fails, to burn it again until verification is succesful.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Some games work others don't.

Tennis Table i burned twice and it says disk error before i can start an exebition match.

Resident Evil 4 i can't see intro movie, but i can play, but sometimes in loads it says disk error.

I played a bit of super mario galaxy and supper paper mario and no messague so far.

I never played for a long time an original game only wii sports and a bit of zelda

That makes it sound like your burns are bad. Upgrade the FW of your burner. (If it's very old I would buy a new one)

Edit: didn't see you'd already solved it
shy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries