VBA-GX cheats?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by chartube12, Mar 9, 2010.

1. chartube12
    OP

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Why does the port of VBA-M lack cheat support? The windows and linux versions have it. Even the other GX labeled emualtors have it. I understand they're all been ported by the same person. So why is VBA-GX missing it? I and countless others would really love for it to be added.

Natural likes this.
  2. majinvegeta123

majinvegeta123 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2009
    United States
    i agree with u dude like 110% i was pissed off too... i thought the same thing like what the hell i guess they just dont relize how many people would be sooo happy if they did. well in my opinion i dont think they will either... but all hope is not lost u can try this http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=99334 it patches the cheats onto the game only problem is u cant turn the cheats off.. but it helped me with dbz buus fury so it might help u too good luck man!!!

3. chartube12
    OP

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    My problem with the patching is you can't turn them off. Meaning, if a cheat needs to be turned off for the game to prgress, you'll need to have an extra copy of the rom. I think it's because this patching program was found the porter of vba wont bother to add cheat support.

Thanks anyway majinvegeta123, I have seen the cheat patcher before.

If I wasn't a slow typer I would make my own port. However it would take ME years to do so. Has I have never even compiled before.

4. Slimmmmmm

Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

Nov 1, 2007
    the land of lol
    I thought VBA GX allowed .cht files.

Well you could have the 2 roms and have them share the same save file, reload the rom either way to turn cheats on and off. I think save states are usually all the cheating you need though [​IMG]

5. majinvegeta123

majinvegeta123 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2009
    United States
    srry man... but i do know how you feel... i wish i could help u more... casue all my friends hate cheating guess people will never know how fun cheating is without trying =( but good luck if u find a way also let me know if u do send me a messege or something agian good luck!