Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
[youtube]http://youtu.be/Jrz2IalBRJk[/youtube]​

cqjOL.jpg
I've been trying to get 100% on Vanquish since I've completed it about three times on 360, why not try for 100% now I have it on PS3? I've missed 2 Pangloss statues so far and I'm on Act 4. I thought it would be at least hard trying to not die once on hard but it's been quite easy. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is challenge 6 since I've heard it's pretty hard. (If you're reading this Goli, I promise to send it you once I've finish and if the P&P isn't too high :3)

I rented Demon Souls from Lovefilm since I signed up for a 30 day trial. It's good but I suck at it, people weren't kidding when they said it was hard. It's like how I am with Monster Hunter, like the idea and game, just can't for the life of me play it. Also I can't get attached to my player because they all look ugly.
I'm probably not going to buy this, instead get Nier or something.

If you have a PSP and not currently playing anything, get God(s) Eater (Burst). It's pretty awesome, check out the prequel animation short. I'm nearing 25 hours and I'm not even half way finished. If you do decide to play it, add me on PSN or PM me to Xlink Kai sometime.

I still need to finish Valkyria Chronicles, Metal Gear Solid 4 (I'm on the last act), Borderlands and start on FFXIII & finish it before FFXIII-2 comes out. ;_;

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
prowler_ said:
In short: Monster Hunter but faster and with a story.
Ah I see, will give it a go then.

Kinda off-topic:- I saw you were kinda in some pissed off arguments with my account over Nintendo vs Sony, lol sorry about that
wink.gif
Was out on a trip, account was under my friends control. Changed password now, I didn't know he'd guess the password so easily lol.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Demon's Souls is a fairly difficult game to start. They basically toss you into the gauntlet and say "go!" You just have to keep trying. You also have to carefully, oh so carefully watch what type of character you are using. Going with a magic user over a physical attacker is a fantastic idea. You can check out the Demon's Soul wiki for different character builds, boss strategies, etc. With a little practice, you can make that game your bitch.

I couldn't get into Gods Eater Burst personally, but I couldn't really get into Monster Hunter either. They just aren't my types of games.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Slyakin said:
Vanquish looks amazing.

I saw some videos. MUST BUY NAOW.Anything by Platinum Games is a must buy.
I heard about Vanquish from ojsinnerz ages ago, I'm still glad he made that thread.QUOTE(emigre @ Jul 24 2011, 07:25 PM) Vanquish is bloody good.
Yup, it sets the standard on how third person shooters should be.
It's a shame they'll never make a number 2 since it ended on a pretty big cliffhanger.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should probably finish it, I played it for a little bit but then got side tracked by other games at the time.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Demon's Souls is harder than a breeze block in a deep sea diving helmet, but once you find a few key items you can make the job a little easier. It's mostly about timing. As I discovered when I had the game, and I got repeatedly deep fried by that bloody dragon.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Play a mage if you want an easy time in Demon's souls.
Literally every boss except 2 are simpletons as a mage. Flamelurker is fucking impossible as melee...
Ditto for enemies. You'll trash everything in 1-3 hits while not needing to get anywhere near them.

Also your character is only as ugly as you make 'em, lol. The customization is pretty broad. Though unless you play mage, you'll be in full armor anyways. (and if you play mage...just make a hot mage chick). The game is only $15 or less, lol. worth it IMO.
Buuut if you forsake it for Nier, that'd be a better option too. Nier is fantastic.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
:3. Anything to help out third party companies that nobody knows. They need all the sales they can get.

I also beat Vanquish 3 times, and is trying to 100% it. Right now, Challenge 6 has been nearly impossible, and I just gotta find a few more pangloss statues.

Oh yeah. I also bought Vanquish 3 times. Twice at full price, and once on Amazon gold deal as a gift to War over there.

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
Also I can't get attached to my player because they all look ugly.
It's ironic you'd pick this game to get away from ugly characters.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Gundam Eclipse said:
Tried playing God Eater Burst tons of times, i always get owned by the goddamn Vajra ;_;If it's the first mission you meet Vajra, you aren't supposed to fight him.
If it isn't, go for the tail then head. Blaze, Freeze and Divine are it's weakness, try to get the Death Scythe if you can. It's pretty helpful because it shows when they are about to die.
Byronic Hero said:
QUOTE(prowler_ @ Jul 24 2011, 01:01 PM) Also I can't get attached to my player because they all look ugly.
I know but Nier can't be helped.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
prowler_ said:
Gundam Eclipse said:
Tried playing God Eater Burst tons of times, i always get owned by the goddamn Vajra ;_;If it's the first mission you meet Vajra, you aren't supposed to fight him.
If it isn't, go for the tail then head. Blaze, Freeze and Divine are it's weakness, try to get the Death Scythe if you can. It's pretty helpful because it shows when they are about to die.
Byronic Hero said:
QUOTE(prowler_ @ Jul 24 2011, 01:01 PM) Also I can't get attached to my player because they all look ugly.
I know but Nier can't be helped.

Oh no, i meant when you face it a second time.
I managed to beat it (After wasting every healing item i had) and now get owned by the other monsters.
Like that Sariel.
There were literally five seconds left when i defeated it
ohnoes.png

I was using the Kongou heavy blade thing, the one that looks like a gigantic club..
No clue on how to get the Death Scythe.
I also suck at using the gun part.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Yeah, don't use Busters, that's what is probably giving you a hard time.
Don't bother with making bullets and shit, just buy them.
I usually go in with gunning, switch then once the bar is full, switch to gun again.

Sariel is a bitch but once you learn her moves (like with all Aragami), she's easy.
Edit: Just remember with long blades, a quick getaway in the air is triangle.
Also combo on ground is Square, Square, Square, R+Square, repeat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: already did