Valkyria Chronicles 1 Nintendo Switch port heads westward

IMG_0853.JPG

If you were hoping to play the first Valkyria Chronicles game before the fourth entry launches later this year, worry not, as SEGA will be bringing Valkyria Chronicles Remastered to Switch consoles in the west. You'll be able to grab it digitally off the eShop on October 16th in North America and Europe for $19.99. If you pre-ordered Valkyria Chronicles 4 off the eShop already, then you get a 25% discount on the original game. As a note, while this is called Valkyria Chronicles: Remastered, just like the other console versions, SEGA has stated that this port isn't exactly the same as the others, though provided no further details on that matter.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
No source yet again? I guess ranking up in the ladder comes with certain perks, one of which apparently is stealing news.
It's a PAX booth announcement, or a PR email. So unless you want me to cage up a SEGA representative and chain them to the footnote of my post, then good luck. Might want to tone down your disgusting attitude a tad there. Big jealous talk from someone who couldn't even create a news post correctly if they tried.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
It's a PAX booth announcement, or a PR email. So unless you want me to cage up a SEGA representative and chain them to the footnote of my post, then good luck. Might want to tone down your disgusting attitude a tad there. Big talk from someone who couldn't even create a news post correctly if they tried.
*sips tea*
sips-tea-gif.gif

D

Deleted User

As I always say.
If you were hoping to play the first Valkyria Chronicles game before the fourth entry launches later this year, you would have already done that by now because the game was released 10 years ago and already saw 2 re-releases. no need for a 3rd one in a row.
It's probably to bring more attention to the series, especially to Nintendo fans, many of which probably haven't even heard of the series until now. Giving them the first game in the series is a good entrypoint, and may lead to some picking up the fourth game later on down the line, not necessarily at launch.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It's a PAX booth announcement, or a PR email. So unless you want me to cage up a SEGA representative and chain them to the footnote of my post, then good luck. Might want to tone down your disgusting attitude a tad there. Big jealous talk from someone who couldn't even create a news post correctly if they tried.

:arrow: Source: PAX booth announcement / PR email

There, wasn’t that hard, was it?Now I’m sure our so-called “Senior Editor” is happy to go fix the rest of their gazillion uncredited news, right? :rolleyes:

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States

There, wasn’t that hard, was it?Now I’m sure our so-called “Senior Editor” is happy to go fix the rest of their gazillion uncredited news, right? :rolleyes:
uh huh. I'm sure the lack of the needless, linkless origin source was absolutely killing everyone who read it, and damaged the credibility of everything to ever exist.

Your passive aggressive whining does no one any favors, especially yourself, so I think you need to take your salt elsewhere.

-from the so called Senior Editor

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

A bit aggressive there. You feeling ok?

Ye need some fries with that salt?

Last edited by gnmmarechal,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've had this on Steam for probably a few years now, but never got around to playing it. If it's only $20 on the Switch (around £16 like Okami HD I assume?), I might just buy it on that. I've only heard good things.

:arrow: Source

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No source yet again? I guess ranking up in the ladder comes with certain perks, one of which apparently is stealing news.

You are certainly an expert when it comes to stealing news.

Seem to recall a former mag staff who did that a lot then ragequit when critiqued :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1