Hacking Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception - Full 540p Resolution Hack

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@weaknespase created a resolution hack for Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception. While most of the game is rendered at 960x540, non-UI assets in battle are rendered at 672x384. This patch restores it to where the entire game is at 540p.

Screenshots comparisons [Before/After/etc.]: Full album download (5 pairs of images)
Snowy-1(384).png

Snowy-1(540).png

Snowy-3(384).png

Snowy-3(540).png

Framerate Test at 540p on minimum settings:

Summary- The first six chapters were a stable 30FPS except for a substantially long dip to 28FPS in particular scene at the start. The seventh chapter is where dips started showing up occasionally when it was the next character's action. Kupopo also caused dips to 27FPS or 28FPS when Rulutieh used Otome Tsubaki if auto-chain was turned off. This didn't happen for any other character's ability. This dip goes away if clock speeds are set to maximum speeds.

Steps to editing the eboot:

1) Open the game's eboot.bin in a Hex Editor (HxD, PSPad)
2) Search for the hex value "2A0EA0E3061DA0E3"
3) Replace the value with "0F0DA0E3221EA0E3"

Explanation of how the hack was found - http://puu.sh/xbZja/18f03e21a9.png

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are these reshacks the sort of thing that could be enabled using something like rincheat, or a distributable patch from "somewhere"?

I'd like to be able to enable/disable it easily if I discovered that frames drop dramatically at a certain point.

Or is hex editing the binary ourselves the only option?

Reactions: InquisitionImplied

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe francj was trying to make a plugin for resolution hacks, but I don't know about cheats. Framerates shouldn't be a problem until you're quite far in the game, especially on maximum settings

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
Are these reshacks the sort of thing that could be enabled using something like rincheat, or a distributable patch from "somewhere"?

I'd like to be able to enable/disable it easily if I discovered that frames drop dramatically at a certain point.

Or is hex editing the binary ourselves the only option?
There's vitaRescale by Rin. I've tried doa5 values with the plugin, but apparently those are overridden in memory. I'll try it with dword hacks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1