Tutorial  Updated

Using "smashhax" with Linux

If you can use the browser, I suggest that you use the new browserhax (up to 11.0.0-33!) in the meantime.

Try out Ubuntu 15.04: http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/releases/15.04/

This requires a New 3DS. The demo version doesn't work and is patched. If you have 1.1.3 or newer delete/disable the update data.

officially called smashbroshax sometimes smashax
Here is a new tool I call smashbroshax-helper. It is a graphical interface for the exploit which simplifies most of the process of broadcasting the packet. It requires almost no setup outside of creating a bootable Linux USB/DVD.

Important notes:
  • This does not work on Fedora or Red Hat-based distributions because aircrack-ng needs to be compiled on it (and I can't figure out how to install the needed things).
  • Don't use a virtual machine!
  • This probably will never work on Old 3DS.
Download smashbroshax-helper beta

It is recommended that you use a live Ubuntu 15.04 image. Versions 15.10+ have issues. http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/releases/15.04/
  1. Create a bootable USB/DVD with a Linux distribution (there are various guides online).
  2. If possible, get a second USB/SD card/storage device, download and save the above .zip to it.
    • Don't extract the contents of it to the USB device, as it might cause problems. Just save the .zip file to it.
    • If you can't do this, you'll have to connect to the Internet while in Linux to download it.
    • If using a bootable USB, make sure you can use two ports at a time. Don't take out the Linux USB while it is being used!
  3. Restart your computer and run the bootable USB/DVD you created.
  4. Extract the contents of the .zip to the Desktop.
  5. Open the smashbroshax-helper folder and double click "smashbroshax.sh".
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts.
  7. If everything goes well, you should now have homebrew!
Video demonstration, from boot to shutdown:

from https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-smashhax-with-linux.397194/page-9#post-5842512

If you would like the full tutorial, involving terminal usage and compiling:
To reverse the changes to your wireless interface and remove issues connecting to networks after, rebooting your system or changing it to "Managed" instead of "monitor" should fix it. How to do that is in the second to last section.

@Cydget made a script that condenses most of this into a script. I have not tried it myself yet but it seems to work for others.
So, I made a little script for this. If anybody wants it, then unzip this file and read the readme. And yes, I like to pipe things. http://www.mediafire.com/download/oulnubnzkk9g3i0/smashhaxEZ.zip

Requirements
  • Any Linux distribution should do (this has only been tested with Debian-based distributions). Windows and OS X users should wait or find a method for now, sorry!
    • Please do not use Linux in a virtual machine, it likely won't give direct access to your wireless card. Dual boot or use a live USB/disk.
    • The recommended distro to use is Ubuntu 15.04 (link to Ubuntu MATE 15.04).
  • A Wi-Fi-capable wireless card.
  • Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS Full or Demo.
  • New 3DS. This does not work on Old 3DS.
  • Patience. The hax is sort-of unreliable so your game will most likely crash a few times.
  • Recommended: Another device to access the internet (phone, tablet, computer, console).
Preparing
  • Install these packages using your package manager. For example, "apt-get" for Debian-based distributions (including Ubuntu).
    Code:
    openssl libssl-dev libnl-genl-3-200 libnl-genl-3-dev libnl-3-200 libnl-3-dev pkg-config
  • Find your wireless card's interface by opening a terminal and using the command "ip link". It would be something like wlan0 or wlp3s0.
    Code:
    ian@ian-VPCEG34FX:~/Desktop/aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2/src$ ip link
    1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default 
        link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    2: eth0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
        link/ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    3: wlan0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,ALLMULTI,PROMISC,NOTRAILERS,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state DORMANT mode DORMANT group default qlen 1000
        link/ieee802.11/radiotap xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
  • You probably already have it, but get the homebrew starter kit and place it on your SD card.
  • Download the smashhax .pcap files from the releases section of the smashbroshax repository.
  • Determine the .pcap file to use. This should be straightforward using the file names.
    The built beacon-hax pcaps are located under "pcap_out/". In the filenames, "vXYZ" means game-version "vX.Y.Z". Full-game filenames for USA include "gameusa", while the other regions filenames include "gameother".
  • Get the "Otherapp payload" from the Homebrew Launcher site and save it to "smashpayload.bin" at the root of your SD card.
  • Download and extract aircrack-ng's latest release source.
  • Save aireplay-ng.patch from the smashbroshax repository in the folder "aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2".
Compiling aircrack-ng/aireplay-ng
  • Open a terminal and go to the "aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2" folder.
  • Use the command "patch src/aireplay-ng.c < aireplay-ng.patch". If you get the following then it has succeeded.
    Code:
    patching file src/aireplay-ng.c
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 560 (offset 1 line).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 573 (offset 1 line).
  • Run "make" and wait. The program should be compiled with the patch now. If you get the following as the last line then it has succeeded.
    Code:
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/path/to/aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2/src'
The moment of truth
  • Run these 3 terminal commands in order, using the wireless interface (from "ip link") you found earlier.
    sudo ifconfig wireless_interface down
    sudo iwconfig wireless_interface mode monitor
    sudo ifconfig wireless_interface up
    sudo iwconfig wireless_interface channel 6​
    (the last line was suggested by @difool. and might make the payload trigger faster)
  • Enter the "src" folder in your terminal.
  • Run the following command to start broadcasting the packet: "sudo ./aireplay-ng --interactive -r /path/to/smashbros_version_beaconhax.pcap -h 59:ee:3f:2a:37:e0 -x 10 wireless_interface"
    Use the .pcap file and wireless interface you found out earlier.
  • On the 3DS system, start the game, then choose Smash and Group. Wait for the magic to happen.
Encountering errors? Something confusing?
  • Does running aireplay-ng end with "End of file"? You might be running your installed version of aircrack-ng. Don't forget the ./ for "sudo ./aireplay-ng ..."!
  • Please tell me the distribution you are using and the error you've encountered. This will help me fix your issue faster.
  • If you don't get something, don't hesitate to point it out! I want to help anyone I can.
  • Did you spot an inaccuracy or mistake I made? It would be great if you can tell me that too.
  • This was before the Otherapp payload selector was added to the HBL site. This is kept here for legacy reasons or something.
    • Determine what file you need to get from the Homebrew Launcher Payload section:
      With the release builds, the hax loads the payload from SD "/smashpayload.bin". This should contain the hb-launcher(https://smealum.github.io/3ds/) otherapp payload. Until there's a proper otherapp payload selector on the hb-launcher site, the payload can be downloaded from the following URL(see also https://github.com/smealum/sploit_installer):
      FIRMVER values(without quotes):
      • "POST5" = non-New3DS
      • "N3DS" = New3DS
      REGION values(without quotes):
      • "U" = USA
      • "E" = EUR
      • "J" = JPN
      MENUVER values(without quotes):
      • "11272": Non-JPN, system-version v9.0.
      • "12288": System-version v9.2.
      • "13330": System-version v9.3.
      • "14336": System-version v9.4.
      • "15360": System-version v9.5.
      • "16404": System-version v9.6.
      • "17415": System-version v9.7.
      • "20480_usa": USA, system-versions v9.9-v10.0.
      • "19456": Non-USA, system-versions v9.8-v10.0.
      MSETVER values(without quotes):
      • "8203": System-versions below v9.6.
      • "9221": System-versions starting with v9.6.
      For example, the payload URL for New3DS USA 9.9.0-X - 10.0.0-X is:https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/Pvl9iD2Im5/otherapp/N3DS_U_20480_usa_9221.bin
      The end result is a file named "smashpayload.bin" at the root of your SD card.

You are allowed to reproduce/reprint this tutorial, as long as a link back to this page (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-smashhax-with-linux.397194/) is included.

Last edited by ihaveahax,

krad54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like I'm reviving quite an old thread here, but I've been trying to run smashhax with smash 1.0.1 to no avail. I have a N3DS at 11.0.0.33U, with the downloaded eshop version of smash, and am using a 2012 macbook pro to execute the "hack". I've used both the tool provided here (just substituting one of the other pcap files for 101), the older tool also provided here, and have also tried through compiling everything myself. I get aircrack opened and sending packets, but nothing happens on my DS. I've tried with the DS connected to my wifi network and just with wifi on but disconnected. In both cases, the ds plays normally when I go to group mode.

Any ideas?

Renanzin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Please help, I can't seem to run the hack on New 3DS... I'm able to broadcast the packages, and I'm using a cartridge copy of SSB, I deleted all of the update data, so I chose version 1.0.0. When I enter on "Group" on SSB, it begins to work but then I get a black screen on top and red screen on bottom, then it freezes that way. Any ideas? It's very frustrating :(

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help, I can't seem to run the hack on New 3DS... I'm able to broadcast the packages, and I'm using a cartridge copy of SSB, I deleted all of the update data, so I chose version 1.0.0. When I enter on "Group" on SSB, it begins to work but then I get a black screen on top and red screen on bottom, then it freezes that way. Any ideas? It's very frustrating :(
you don't have a boot.3dsx, or it's corrupt

Renanzin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you don't have a boot.3dsx, or it's corrupt
Thank you for your reply, I actually have a boot.3dsx on my SD card root, which I got from the homebrew starter kit, so I don't think that's the problem...
I'm gonna try to download the starter kit from another source and see if that works... If anyone has any other suggestion as to why it isn't working for me, I'd appreciate an input.
Regards from Brazil, thank you!

Renanzin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was able to get Homebrew Channel working, but now I need to downgrade from 10.6.0-31U to 9.2 and using Plaisysupdater I get stuck on HAX INIT, I must have tried like 15 times with 2 different micro SD cards... No success :(

Soundmaniac

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I was able to get Homebrew Channel working, but now I need to downgrade from 10.6.0-31U to 9.2 and using Plaisysupdater I get stuck on HAX INIT, I must have tried like 15 times with 2 different micro SD cards... No success :(
You can't downgrade using smashhax, you need to install a secondary entry point like oot3dhax, using smashhax.

Renanzin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can't downgrade using smashhax, you need to install a secondary entry point like oot3dhax, using smashhax.
Thank you for your reply! I did a somewhat extensive research yesterday and concluded what you said... that I can't downgrade using smashhax. Luckily I have OOT too, so I used smashhax to put the hacked saved game on the OOT cartridge, and downgraded from that. I am currently running amr9loaderhax on 11.0 CFW, so huge thanks to everyone involved :D

PS: To be extra clear and reinforce what Soundmaniac said, to newcomers: you can't downgrade using smashhax!

One more time, thank you everyone! :toot::toot::toot:

mumphus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am on Ubuntu 15.04(not mate as the download is down) and everytime I run "smashbroshax.sh" it says "IF YOU ARE READING THIS YOU PROBABLY DID SOMETHING WRONG"

Swifthead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help me, please. Im so confused.

>N3ds fw 10.7.32U
>Smash V 1.0
>Ubuntu Mate newest version because no more 15
>Can send Packets
>Smashpayload.bin on sd card root
>Nothing happens at all. NOTHING.
>Spent almost three or four days just trying to get to this stage
>Is it wasred? Did i not do something? Help me, please.

famkehoopers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
3 Questions:

1: Can anyone PLEASE find the offsets and create a working PCAP for native 1.1.0 EU cartridge?

2: Is it possible to install the 1.1.2 eshop update through powersaves?

3: I heard someone had 1.1.2 update data on his/her SD. Is this data interchangeable with other 3ds's or bound to your own 3ds?

Deelat

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello I had the problem With the 1.0.1 version of ssb so i shearch on internet and found this https://a.pomf.cat/sqvujq.pcap it worked for me.
You just have to put it into smashbroshax-helper > resources > pcap_out then rename it in one of the pcap who already in it like for exemple: smashbros_gameotherv104_beaconhax.pcap. and delete the original, then you choose the one you remplaced when it ask you to chose a version.
I don't know if it could help some one but i was blocked their.
Sorry for the bad english.

Last edited by Deelat,
D

Deleted User

OK this is bothering the crap out of me, WHY isn't there a windows version seriously, I have attempted to compile run on a virtual machine (non smash hax helper) could someone make some mod of that helper program for windows or at lest a virtual operating system

D

Deleted User

ok got past the first issue of windows and crap running linx (the one you gave) got past the problem of it running in gedit now permision is deined (please give me the command to use to get all permission levels or at lest what I need)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and I am running smash hax helper

D

Deleted User

HELLO EVERYONE, I figured everything out so I'm happy to help with noob linx users. so you installed the ubunutu after that your going to do a little more setup besides downloading the file and running it. first make sure that your admin if not well this isn't going to work, next make sure the .sh file is exutable or is allowed to. do the following right click on .sh find the permissions tab (should be on top-ish close to the right a little) next click Execute:Allow executing file as program (you need admin to do so) next open your terminal now before we get in the hack it self we actully need some recources that are missing by defult.

type in root you should get
(yournamehere):~$ root
The program 'root' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install root-system-bin

type in that and its going to ask for your password ( don't worry if the curser doesn't move it is actually typed in windows users) it going to ask do you want to continue type:y or yes

now im going to give a little explanation for why we need to do this (don't worry it won't be uber comlicated) we need to do this because the gksudo command requires root which also gksudo needs to be installed so in the end the program can't run since we don't have the proper stuff to run with. thats my explanation, told you it wouldn't be complicated.

now let terminal do its crap which will take a while, so don't expect it to end very quickly, and if it appears frozen just don't click ANYTHING. once you see (yournamehere):~$ root you can do the next step. after that type in gksudo and its going to similar things to what happend with root, password...yes... ok, after that is done we need to make the program run in terminal at this point I just close the terminal and open a new one just to get that crap off. now we can actully run the program. so open terminal and put in the following cd ~/Desktop now I know what your thinking what does this do, well we are giving the computer a main directory to look at so basically we are guiding the computer to where the files are at so if I wanted to run it in a folder in the desktop I would do this instead: cd ~/Desktop/foldername. so for me its cd ~/Desktop/smashbroshax-helper

then type the following: sh ./smashbroshax.sh. once done its going to ask for your password enter it and there you go its all set, now there was a issue I came acrosses there is no 1.0.1 pcap file:
so you have to get that yourself but I will give some guidince, first you will need to replace (once you downloaded your pcap file if needed) replace it with a existing one and when you get the sh file to run choose the file you replaced. in pcapout folder in smashhax helper : helpful link with somedownloads possible for pcaps https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_smashbroshax/issues/8

Xavierus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello! I'm new here. Could you please help me, how to check my Super Smash Bros cartridge game version ? I looked through all game menus and could not find anything about version. I alsa googled a lot with no luck. Thanks in advance.

MonoParadox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to do smashbroshax on a raspberry pi 3? The only problem to me is that I can't find a Ubuntu Mate 15.04 for raspberry pi 3. Does somebody have one or is it possible to do the smashbroshax with the new Ubuntu Mate 16.04 LTS?

PhillardThePanda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can use the browser, I suggest that you use the new browserhax (up to 10.5.0-30!) in the meantime.

Try out Ubuntu 15.04: http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/releases/15.04/

This requires a New 3DS. The demo version doesn't work and is patched. If you have 1.1.3 or newer delete/disable the update data.

officially called smashbroshax sometimes smashax
Here is a new tool I call smashbroshax-helper. It is a graphical interface for the exploit which simplifies most of the process of broadcasting the packet. It requires almost no setup outside of creating a bootable Linux USB/DVD.

Important notes:
  • This does not work on Fedora or Red Hat-based distributions because aircrack-ng needs to be compiled on it (and I can't figure out how to install the needed things).
  • Don't use a virtual machine!
  • This probably will never work on Old 3DS.
Download smashbroshax-helper beta

It is recommended that you use a live Ubuntu 15.04 image. Versions 15.10+ have issues. http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/releases/15.04/
  1. Create a bootable USB/DVD with a Linux distribution (there are various guides online).
  2. If possible, get a second USB/SD card/storage device, download and save the above .zip to it.
    • Don't extract the contents of it to the USB device, as it might cause problems. Just save the .zip file to it.
    • If you can't do this, you'll have to connect to the Internet while in Linux to download it.
    • If using a bootable USB, make sure you can use two ports at a time. Don't take out the Linux USB while it is being used!
  3. Restart your computer and run the bootable USB/DVD you created.
  4. Extract the contents of the .zip to the Desktop.
  5. Open the smashbroshax-helper folder and double click "smashbroshax.sh".
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts.
  7. If everything goes well, you should now have homebrew!
Video demonstration, from boot to shutdown:

from https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-smashhax-with-linux.397194/page-9#post-5842512

If you would like the full tutorial, involving terminal usage and compiling:
To reverse the changes to your wireless interface and remove issues connecting to networks after, rebooting your system or changing it to "Managed" instead of "monitor" should fix it. How to do that is in the second to last section.

@Cydget made a script that condenses most of this into a script. I have not tried it myself yet but it seems to work for others.
Requirements
  • Any Linux distribution should do (this has only been tested with Debian-based distributions). Windows and OS X users should wait or find a method for now, sorry!
    • Please do not use Linux in a virtual machine, it likely won't give direct access to your wireless card. Dual boot or use a live USB/disk.
    • The recommended distro to use is Ubuntu 15.04 (link to Ubuntu MATE 15.04).
  • A Wi-Fi-capable wireless card.
  • Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS Full or Demo.
  • New 3DS. This does not work on Old 3DS.
  • Patience. The hax is sort-of unreliable so your game will most likely crash a few times.
  • Recommended: Another device to access the internet (phone, tablet, computer, console).
Preparing
  • Install these packages using your package manager. For example, "apt-get" for Debian-based distributions (including Ubuntu).
    Code:
    openssl libssl-dev libnl-genl-3-200 libnl-genl-3-dev libnl-3-200 libnl-3-dev pkg-config
  • Find your wireless card's interface by opening a terminal and using the command "ip link". It would be something like wlan0 or wlp3s0.
    Code:
    ian@ian-VPCEG34FX:~/Desktop/aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2/src$ ip link
    1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default 
        link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    2: eth0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
        link/ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    3: wlan0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,ALLMULTI,PROMISC,NOTRAILERS,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state DORMANT mode DORMANT group default qlen 1000
        link/ieee802.11/radiotap xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
  • You probably already have it, but get the homebrew starter kit and place it on your SD card.
  • Download the smashhax .pcap files from the releases section of the smashbroshax repository.
  • Determine the .pcap file to use. This should be straightforward using the file names.
  • Get the "Otherapp payload" from the Homebrew Launcher site and save it to "smashpayload.bin" at the root of your SD card.
  • Download and extract aircrack-ng's latest release source.
  • Save aireplay-ng.patch from the smashbroshax repository in the folder "aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2".
Compiling aircrack-ng/aireplay-ng
  • Open a terminal and go to the "aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2" folder.
  • Use the command "patch src/aireplay-ng.c < aireplay-ng.patch". If you get the following then it has succeeded.
    Code:
    patching file src/aireplay-ng.c
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 560 (offset 1 line).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 573 (offset 1 line).
  • Run "make" and wait. The program should be compiled with the patch now. If you get the following as the last line then it has succeeded.
    Code:
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/path/to/aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2/src'
The moment of truth
  • Run these 3 terminal commands in order, using the wireless interface (from "ip link") you found earlier.
    sudo ifconfig wireless_interface down
    sudo iwconfig wireless_interface mode monitor
    sudo ifconfig wireless_interface up
    sudo iwconfig wireless_interface channel 6​
    (the last line was suggested by @difool. and might make the payload trigger faster)
  • Enter the "src" folder in your terminal.
  • Run the following command to start broadcasting the packet: "sudo ./aireplay-ng --interactive -r /path/to/smashbros_version_beaconhax.pcap -h 59:ee:3f:2a:37:e0 -x 10 wireless_interface"
    Use the .pcap file and wireless interface you found out earlier.
  • On the 3DS system, start the game, then choose Smash and Group. Wait for the magic to happen.
Encountering errors? Something confusing?
  • Does running aireplay-ng end with "End of file"? You might be running your installed version of aircrack-ng. Don't forget the ./ for "sudo ./aireplay-ng ..."!
  • Please tell me the distribution you are using and the error you've encountered. This will help me fix your issue faster.
  • If you don't get something, don't hesitate to point it out! I want to help anyone I can.
  • Did you spot an inaccuracy or mistake I made? It would be great if you can tell me that too.
  • This was before the Otherapp payload selector was added to the HBL site. This is kept here for legacy reasons or something.
    • Determine what file you need to get from the Homebrew Launcher Payload section:
      With the release builds, the hax loads the payload from SD "/smashpayload.bin". This should contain the hb-launcher(https://smealum.github.io/3ds/) otherapp payload. Until there's a proper otherapp payload selector on the hb-launcher site, the payload can be downloaded from the following URL(see also https://github.com/smealum/sploit_installer):
      FIRMVER values(without quotes):
      • "POST5" = non-New3DS
      • "N3DS" = New3DS
      REGION values(without quotes):
      • "U" = USA
      • "E" = EUR
      • "J" = JPN
      MENUVER values(without quotes):
      • "11272": Non-JPN, system-version v9.0.
      • "12288": System-version v9.2.
      • "13330": System-version v9.3.
      • "14336": System-version v9.4.
      • "15360": System-version v9.5.
      • "16404": System-version v9.6.
      • "17415": System-version v9.7.
      • "20480_usa": USA, system-versions v9.9-v10.0.
      • "19456": Non-USA, system-versions v9.8-v10.0.
      MSETVER values(without quotes):
      • "8203": System-versions below v9.6.
      • "9221": System-versions starting with v9.6.
      For example, the payload URL for New3DS USA 9.9.0-X - 10.0.0-X is:https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/Pvl9iD2Im5/otherapp/N3DS_U_20480_usa_9221.bin
      The end result is a file named "smashpayload.bin" at the root of your SD card.
You are allowed to reproduce/reprint this tutorial, as long as a link back to this page (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-smashhax-with-linux.397194/) is included.

So, I've been working at this for hours, I pull up smash.sh and just get lines of code. I'm a new and have no idea what I'm doing. I'm running ubuntu 15.04 (not MATE).
Please help, I'm desperate...
I'm using an 11.0.0 N3DS with a 1.0.0 smash cartridge.

Last edited by PhillardThePanda,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro