ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
So I have a laptop and a pretty sweet desktop setup in my room. It is pretty obvious that my desktop isnt portable like my laptop, but sometimes I need to use it when I am not at home and I have my laptop. I have tried Tight and Ultra VNC and neither of them seem to work properly (by this I mean when I try to connect to my laptop/desktop via my Desktop/laptop it wont connect even though the server is clearly running on each). I want to avoid using Logmein cause I really wanted something simple like those VNC programs. My laptop is on Windows 7 starter and my Desktop on Windows 7 Home....Does anyone have a suggestion to my problem.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I quite like teamviewer myself (portable versions exist too http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/teamviewer_portable ). Sure I will stick with proper VNC for "real" things but for simple almost bulletproof stuff it is teamviewer every time (if nothing else because it saves endless aggro with port forwarding and figuring out IP addresses or otherwise setting things up (trying to get someone to forward ports over the phone........ not fun)).

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to use VNC as well but then I found that LogMeIn.com works much easier. It can be used on any PC, no forwarding required, and there's even an iPhone app for it.

Although there are some good iPhone VNC programs too.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:
The iPhone app only costs something like $19. Likewise for the Android app.

That said, it does work pretty well...

Come on... this is gbatemp... since when do we pay for anything? ;>

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gbatemp is not necessarily full of pirates. A more accurate line would've been "come on... This is the Internet... Since when do we pay for anything?"

Anyway, I can't pirate logmein on iPad yet, so if I really wanted to use it, I'd have to pay for it.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem as you. i installed my own trojan on my desktop and remote controlled it with my laptop thanks to the trojan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: F