Hacking Using AnyRegionChanger to change VM from PAL to NTSC

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, quick question. I have a pal Wii and in want to change the video mode to NTSC to match my TV setup and play those sweet games in glorious 60fps.

SystemMenu 4.3e

I can use AnyRegion Changer to ONLY switch the video mode in this version? the app itself gave me some errors regarding the trucha bug:

"If you see the errors:
  • Error! ES_OpenTitleContent (ret = -1026)
  • The AREA/SysMenu mismatch warning even though you have the same region on Console and Game area
  • System Menu shows only "."

Then you probably don't have a IOS with the Signing bug, and you should use DOP-Mii in order to install IOS36 v1042 to enable the features of AnyRegion Changer. WARNING: LU64+ wiis, ios36-v1042 may not function on your wii, causing apps and games (SSBB, MarioKart) that load ios36 to crash. If this happens there is no ethical way to run this application. Please use dop-mii wiibrew edition to upgrade ios36 if you experience such issue."

Should I ignore these?

thanks!

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
I think you are confusing hz with fps. The main difference in the past between PAL and NTSC was the 50hz vs 60hz, but this doesn't happens with the wii that in PAL can run games in 60hz (you need the RGB cable) and even in 480p (you need the component cable or an HDMI adapter).
The default option is set to 50hz in the video settings for the oonly reason that the cable boxed with the console was the composite cable (that is different from the component).

You don't need to change your region to have 60h with pal games on a pal wii. And even if you want to play ntsc games on a pal wii for some reasons (because there are no differences in wii games from pal to ntsc) you don't need to change region, you only need to use the loader you prefere, cause every loader is able to boot games from anynregion, no matter if we are talking about games on hdd or games from retail discs.

Last edited by Zonta85,

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you are confusing hz with fps. The main difference in the past between PAL and NTSC was the 50hz vs 60hz, but this doesn't happens with the wii that in PAL can run games in 60hz (you need the RGB cable) and even in 480p (you need the component cable or an HDMI adapter).
The default option is set to 50hz in the video settings for the oonly reason that the cable boxed with the console was the composite cable (that is different from the component).

You don't need to change your region to have 60h with pal games on a pal wii. And even if you want to play ntsc games on a pal wii for some reasons (because there are no differences in wii games from pal to ntsc) you don't need to change region, you only need to use the loader you prefere, cause every loader is able to boot games from anynregion, no matter if we are talking about games on hdd or games from retail discs.

Yeah that's the difference, the problem is that in 60hz my Wii displays in black and white on my TV

Anyway, I used AnyRegionChanger to change the video mode to NTSC, and now Retroarch and other homebrews look and work great! plus the wii games of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes that's why yours won't leave me alone