Hacking Usbloader gx problems (black screen)

Skullgrill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive Been fiddling with the wii for a week now trying to get usbloader gx to work to no avail. Ive installed ios v10 beta 53 and 52 and followed the guide and im making sure i have the usb in the right place, i used wii backup manager and seemed to finally get the games to show up on the menu but when i load them i get a black screen plus when i try to install a game it jumps to 100% and stops reponding. at this point im out of ideas, my usb is on fat32, ive started from scratch and restored a backup to reinstall the ioses and i get nothing. I tried to used configurable usb loader but it says sothing about a ios is a stub and then it sends me back to the homebrew menu. Id really appreciate any help i can get.
Mini update now the 2 wii games seemed to have disappeared and i can't get them to be on the menu

Last edited by Skullgrill,

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you using a flash drive or hard drive? Did you search on the wii hard drive compatibility list? Also on the wii beta 52 is the only one needed not beta 53

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use d2x v10 beta53. It doesn't work right and is only useful if you cannot use the main USB port. (port 0)

If it's a flash drive and not a HDD that could also be the problem. Other than that you'd need to post what version number of the loader you're using and a SysCheck report.

Skullgrill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you using a flash drive or hard drive? Did you search on the wii hard drive compatibility list? Also on the wii beta 52 is the only one needed not beta 53
Damn, yeah i am im using a 128gb sandisk cruzer glide usb (it says theres some issues, but not that it doesnt work), i didnt check as i thought they all worked. I currently away from my wii but ill do the syscheck asap. Should i install 52 instead of 53 for that second one or do i need do restore my wii again and just install the 52?

If the usb is truly the problem i do have a 2tb wd passport external hard drive on ntfs with a lot of pictures, music, etc. and id be okay with using it (seems wd 2tb stuff is very compatible). Theres no chance of glitching and losing my stuff right? Just move the stuff on there and thats it?

Last edited by Skullgrill,

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install beta 52 on both. Just launch Cios dx2 (or whatever it’s called) and reinstall 52 over 53. Then get rid of that flash drive as it’s more trouble then it’s worth. If it doesn’t give you a problem now it will eventually.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Reactions: wicksand420

Skullgrill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install beta 52 on both. Just launch Cios dx2 (or whatever it’s called) and reinstall 52 over 53. Then get rid of that flash drive as it’s more trouble then it’s worth. If it doesn’t give you a problem now it will eventually.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
I dont need to reformat? I can just use wii backup manager to put my wii games on and load usbloader gx with sd? If so ill just use the usb elsewhere and totally go with my hdd

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can format your hard drive to fat32 with wii backup manager and just move everything from your flashdrive over to your hard drive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Patient zero giggity +1