Hardware USB Port 0 all of a sudden stops working for USB Loader Gx

OneFallenLeaf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Port 0 (the upper one, when the wii is flat faced down?) was working for me until just today. Now only port 1 works for the USB Loader. I have both homebrew and USB Loader installed, before the problem. I followed one of the instructions on how to install MMM and reformatted my SD card(fat32). everything on my SD was deleted, except for the MMM folder. I loaded another IOS ( IOS249) on the MMM, and exited to the USB Loader alongside homebrew to just get redirected to the main menu. Realized my problem, I reformatted the SD card and put the backup file back to the SD card. This time the USB Loader works, but it won't recognize the USB port 0. I even deleted the USB app and re downloaded it and still doesn't fix it.

I know people say that sometimes the USBLoader is only suppose to support One port, or only port 1 and not port 0, if so why did port 0 worked for me before and not now? help is very much appreciated, already spend 5 hours searching online..........

Last edited by OneFallenLeaf,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normal cIOS only uses port 0 (the one closest to the edge of the console) unless you're using the beta 53 "alt" version of d2x. Check what cIOS you have installed in slot 249 with SysCheck and see if it says "beta53-alt" or "beta52".

Beta52 = port 0 only
Beta53 = either port but bad emuNAND compatibility

Port 0 is the one with the red box around it.
USB.jpg

OneFallenLeaf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thank you very much. looks like i freaked out for no reason. my port 1 actually still works just not with the usb loader like how it was intended.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/y7K1D_l-IxI?si=z9uF9KEGZrHD-8EA