• Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

akramff

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi
So i solved the usb loader gx issue it was he usb stick i bought a usb2.0 ext. Hdd with y cable and its working normally now but in the past i could download ocarina cheats from the gx but now it shows an error can someone help with it would be appreciated.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Check my GitHub "spork" project, but it's about a month out of date and only supports FAT32. :) I pulled the "streamline" one because Chinese pirates.

I'm almost done updating the real version for the newer devkitPPC and will try to get a patch to Cyan soon.
ohh, thanks.
I guess I should try to complete and post what I did so far for 1269 (WiiU gamepad support).
I had issues with diagonals, I'm almost sure it's due to stick calibration differences from gamecube controller and wiiu gamepad controller. not sure how to fix it. I could release it with that issue, but I don't like it.

I didn't have the time to work on the loader since December 2017. my next holidays are in august, I don't know how much I'll work on it but I'll try.

in the past i could download ocarina cheats from the gx but now it shows an error can someone help with it would be appreciated.
Geckocodes website has issues?
it's still online? it still accept direct link? your game has available cheat codes?
the loader hasn't change, so if it doesn't work anymore it has something to do with the website.

Last edited by Cyan,

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
in the past i could download ocarina cheats from the gx but now it shows an error can someone help with it would be appreciated.
it's still online? it still accept direct link? your game has available cheat codes?
the loader hasn't change, so if it doesn't work anymore it has something to do with the website.

It's still online but implemented DDOS protection.
Time to learn to do things the "hard" way. Learn the basic and do it manually before a "fix" is done.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DDOS? wasn't it already a thing with Cloudflare?
They added another layer of DDOS protection?

I don't see how direct link can be seen as denial of service, it's doing a simple http connect/get/buffer stream command. it's not hammering nor using bots to connect from many different IP at the same time to retrieve a single file.
I don't know how to fix unles using a "known" download lib, but last time I tried to implement libcurl, it had soooooo many global variables that it conflicted with other libs.

Last edited by Cyan,

akramff

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ohh, thanks.
I guess I should try to complete and post what I did so far for 1269 (WiiU gamepad support).
I had issues with diagonals, I'm almost sure it's due to stick calibration differences from gamecube controller and wiiu gamepad controller. not sure how to fix it. I could release it with that issue, but I don't like it.

I didn't have the time to work on the loader since December 2017. my next holidays are in august, I don't know how much I'll work on it but I'll try.

Well i wonderd about that too the website is intact also i was just curious about it.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BitMitigate's website mentions something about SSL so that's probably the problem. I'm guessing there's some redirects in there somewhere, too.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Untitled-1.png
that's what you will get trying to access Geckocodes website (DDOS protection by BitMitigate's)
Direct links goes through that too.

fatty77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have a Wii with Configurable USB loader installed but that Wii no longer works properly. Got a replacement and just now installed HBC and USB Loader GX. USB Loader GX reads the game titles (even downloaded the art) from my USB hard drive fine but when I try to play them it kicks me right back to the Homebrew Channel.

Anyone know what I've done wrong? Latest version of USB Loader GX is installed is from yesterday (USBLoaderGX r1268) but I'm wondering if I have to install a custom IOS or dx2? I figured I didn't and that the latest versions do not require it but it is not very clear to me in the OP and it has been years since I've done this and I am really out of my element right now. I installed Wiiflow as well but that doesn't even recognize my hard drive partition. My games are currently in wbfs format and hoping I can still utilize them as I really don't want to have to go through and rip all of my discs again.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciate. Thanks for your time.

Edit: Nevermind, found my answer in this thread.

Looks like I needed the following cIOS's from this guide for the USB loaders:
  • cIOS 249 base 56 v10 beta52
  • cIOS 250 base 57 v10 beta52
After loading them I am able to access them.

Last edited by fatty77,
Reactions: ca032769

probablygay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a 16:9 version of USB Loader GX? Games render fine in 16:9, but the actual USB Loader GX menus and cursor and stuff is all stretched.

AllintheCards

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, I finally got USB Loader GX to recognize my HDD by setting the the loader OS to 58, but now that I’m trying to load my games they all crash to a black screen and then the homebrew menu. Any ideas on how to solve this? This is on the vWii on my Wii U.
Also these are my cios settings:
  • cIOS 249 base 56 v10 beta52
  • cIOS 250 base 57 v10 beta52
EDIT: seemed to have figured it out. Have the usb cables plugged in the wrong ports (main cable needs to be in port 0 which is the top back port on the Wii U if it is horizontal). This made me switch the loader OS from 249 to 58 so that it would be recognized, but switching back to 249 from 58 in the right USB ports seems to have worked!

Last edited by AllintheCards,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wait, Complete Softmod Guide website FINALLY updated and fixed the cIOS version ? :hrth:
after years of conflict with people using the wrong version, at last we will get better setup and less users with compatibility issues :)

Whoever did this change : Thank you ! (could have been done earlier if we knew whom to contact or if you'd follow user's issues from following your guide)

I'm more interested in fixing stuff like that than the gamepad support right now. :P
Maybe put it in a branch or something.
I still don't understand how branches are working, even less how to merge two into one. It's messing with my folders.
I'd better just commit what is done, even if incomplete, as beta, and complete it later.

I'm also curious to see what really happens for the DDos check, there's necessarily a redirection done after few seconds, maybe it's done with javascript instead of http header? I added the "302 http redirect" header function in the current http.c, so I guess it's not using it. checking the raw buffer log can tell us more.
It should be easy to see all the http header reply by uncommenting all log lines in network/http.c

Someone knows how DDOS check is working?
as far as I see it, I think the server first checks for your IP, then search if there has been hammering on their servers for that URL (multiple bot/IP trying to load the same url), and should allow your IP to connect. So it stores the IP somewhere on their servers to allow all future access. The check shouldn't be done on every request, so retrying the download after few seconds might be a solution ?
keeping a referrer is a solution ? (but the referrer was creating issues with Cloudflare, that's why I disabled it for geckocodes)

if it's using SSL at any point, then it's also an issue. there's a SSL patch for (c)IOS, but it broke the current http buffering code, causing out of memory issues and loader's lag/instability/freeze.

Last edited by Cyan,

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Someone knows how DDOS check is working?
as far as I see it, I think the server first checks for your IP, then search if there has been hammering on their servers for that URL (multiple bot/IP trying to load the same url), and should allow your IP to connect. So it stores the IP somewhere on their servers to allow all future access. The check shouldn't be done on every request, so retrying the download after few seconds might be a solution ?
keeping a referrer is a solution ? (but the referrer was creating issues with Cloudflare, that's why I disabled it for geckocodes)

if it's using SSL at any point, then it's also an issue. there's a SSL patch for (c)IOS, but it broke the current http buffering code, causing out of memory issues and loader's lag/instability/freeze.

I have no clue, but if I block cookies (my default), it will stay on the DDOS protection screen, have to allow cookies to proceed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/gnXkwfS got this because it shows v draws also