Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't try yet.
I'll first commit my current progress. I just want to add a simple change first : replacing "switching to channel mode" text to "there's no game listed, please select another source by using 4th icon in the top menu", and stop forcing users to go into channel mode. they could want to use USBGX only for gamecube games, no need to have an USB hdd plugged and Wii game selected.
It shouldn't give me too much problem.

dexter2341

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can have multiple branches locally without swapping files. Just check the branches out to a separate folder. You can also use "stash changes" to temporarily revert what you're working on to get back to the repository's working tree.

I generally don't even work on the master branch of Streamline when I'm working on it. I branch it then merge the branch back into master before pushing it to the repository.

This version gitrev.sh should do the same thing as the current svnrev.sh. It sets the revision to the commit count. "git rev-list --count HEAD" will give you the equivalent of the SVN revision.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm... is it creating the GXGameSettings.cfg file?

I deleted the file to see if it would make a new one and it hasn't. After testing I've found the following scenario. Load up USBLGX, select a GC game, go to settings and select Game Load...it crashes.

Last edited by dexter2341,

Uupo03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey I'm having a couple of problems, when i launch a gamecube game, it launches fine, but it has letter boxing and sometimes in gamecube games it randomly wont deect input from my crappy chinese gamecube controller and the controller just vibrates for about 5 sec before i can move again but this could be just because of the bad controller

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I'm having a couple of problems, when i launch a gamecube game, it launches fine, but it has letter boxing and sometimes in gamecube games it randomly wont deect input from my crappy chinese gamecube controller and the controller just vibrates for about 5 sec before i can move again but this could be just because of the bad controller

Sounds like your video settings for your Gamecube loader are wrong. USB Loader GX doesn't handle anything after a title is launched. Same for controllers.

Uupo03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Sounds like your video settings for your Gamecube loader are wrong. USB Loader GX doesn't handle anything after a title is launched. Same for controllers.

But usbloader gx has nintendont settings in it, everything works if i go to nintendont and launch the game from there (with the same settings as nntendont settings in usbloader gx)

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But usbloader gx has nintendont settings in it, everything works if i go to nintendont and launch the game from there (with the same settings as nntendont settings in usbloader gx)

What version (number!) of USB Loader GX and Nintendont are you using and what do you have the settings as? If Nintendont video scaling isn't set to 0 try that.

You can just paste your GXGlobal.cfg in spoiler tags.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

Zinkatres

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to r1265 (I was on r1262 for about a year). Last i remember GC games through Nintendont were working fine. Now when I load a GC game via USBloader GX I get a DSI error stack dump/code dump and system reset.

I am on Nintendont loader 5.479 according to the Nintendont screen (should be the latest update from 10/30/17).

Games load fine when I load them directly via nintendont.

Has anything changed with the Nintendont game loading process that i need to modify?

I ran into a similar issue just yesterday doing a fresh install. Just figured out that it was being caused by the generic third party classic controller being plugged in to the wiimote. Normally I would attach that controller after USB loader was open, so I only noticed the issue when exiting the game and USB Loader was opening back up. However on further tests, if I tried to launch the loader from a cold boot with the controller attached it would crash with the DSI error every time. Launching Nintendont directly worked fine

alcab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've experienced a weird issue with the latest 1265 revision. When I activate Ocarina codes for GCN games, USB Loader GX freezes and the "Exception (DSI)" screen pops up when accessing the Configuration Menu of GCN games. Once I deactivate the Ocarina codes and restore original settings, everything works fine again. This does not happen with 1263 revision. I'm using Nintendont version 5.479.

Hope this can be fixed any time soon.

Last edited by alcab,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've experienced a weird issue with the latest 1265 revision. When I activate Ocarina codes for GCN games, USB Loader GX freezes and the "Exception (DSI)" screen pops up when accessing the Configuration Menu of GCN games. Once I deactivate the Ocarina codes and restore original settings, everything works fine again. This does not happen with 1263 revision. I'm using Nintendont version 5.479.

Hope this can be fixed any time soon.

Can you post the numbers under "STACK" on the DSI page? A picture is fine if it's clear enough to read.

@Zinkatres The crash with unknown controllers happens in the libogc code. I've been trying to figure out a workaround for it but I think it would require changes to the wiiuse library in libogc. Some licensed like the uDraw tablet also cause it.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

alcab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can you post the numbers under "STACK" on the DSI page? A picture is fine if it's clear enough to read.

Here it is. Thanks for answering so quickly!!!

20171122_183807.jpg

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
here is a link to 1265
look in the version IOS249.
https://filetrip.net/dl?y7zfgRHu6O

thanks for looking at this issue.

crash in settings could be that your version has different settings values, and reverting to an older or different one crashes because it finds out of range values from the "enum" limit.
But I saw they said it also happen with a fresh install/reset settings. so, it's probably another issue.

Last edited by Cyan,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alcab's crash is occurring in "gettext.c" after being called by SetOptionValues() in "/settings/menus/GCGameLoadSM.cpp"

Maybe the language files need to be updated? @alcab can you delete your language files (or rename the folder) and see if it stops crashing?

EDIT: I attached a rebuilt languages folder if anyone wants to see if that fixes it.

@Cyan I'm using the code checked out from SourceForge and the elf you just posted. I'm not disagreeing with you, but I've actually had this issue with my fork once. Something in the tr() macro crashes if the language files aren't in sync sometimes.

Attachments

• Languages.zip
    315.7 KB · Views: 176
Last edited by GreyWolf,

alcab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok. I updated the language folder with the one you provided, but the crash still occurs.

Edit: Wait, no. It has been fixed. Let me keep testing this.

Last edited by alcab,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol