• Start date
  • Views 7,191,029
  • Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

CCNN

Trophies
XP
Country
HI,when try to load a game, my USB loader GX fails and coming some "dump" messages.After read most of posted here realized syscheck needed.Could you check and advise what to do,many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• sysCheck1.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 204

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI,when try to load a game, my USB loader GX fails and coming some "dump" messages.After read most of posted here realized syscheck needed.Could you check and advise what to do,many thanks in advance.

You have no custom IOSes installed. Those are required for Wii games. You can use ModMii to build d2x cIOS wads. You'll want IOS249[56] and IOS250[57].

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have no custom IOSes installed. Those are required for Wii games. You can use ModMii to build d2x cIOS wads. You'll want IOS249[56] and IOS250[57].

@CCNN Another option to buy install the 2 needed Custom IOSes:
For installing IOS250[57]
On the Wii run the installer found here Previously linked by Cyan http://www.mediafire.com/?5ggh53tj9hhp1tr select slot250, d2x v8, base 57, version 21008. install, exit, done.

For installing IOS249[56] using the same installer linked above and select slot249, d2x v8, base 56, version 21008. install, exit, done.

Internet connection is required for this method.

Most games will work on IOS 249 base 56. Games that use peripherals will need to have IOS 250 selected in the game load settings. Just dance 2014 and newer need this.

Last edited by ngs428,
Reactions: CCNN

CCNN

Trophies
XP
Country
@CCNN Another option to buy install the 2 needed Custom IOSes:
For installing IOS250[57]
On the Wii run the installer found here Previously linked by Cyan http://www.mediafire.com/?5ggh53tj9hhp1tr select slot250, d2x v8, base 57, version 21008. install, exit, done.

For installing IOS249[56] using the same installer linked above and select slot249, d2x v8, base 56, version 21008. install, exit, done.

Internet connection is required for this method.

Most games will work on IOS 249 base 56. Games that use peripherals will need to have IOS 250 selected in the game load settings. Just dance 2014 and newer need this.

Thanks GreyWolf,did as described.unfortunately DSI errors came up together with CODE DUMP and DUMP errors and screen froze.Attaching syscheck again.perhaps could read and advise.MANY thanks again.

Attachments

• sysCheck1.txt
    2 KB · Views: 183

Z_Slasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got 2 Harddrives. 1 has the gamecube isos which is formatted in Fat32. The other has wii games which is formatted in WBFS. The gamecube HDD is connected to port 0 while the wii one is connected to port 1
I put the hdd setting to check both usb ports, but the wii games don't show up. What do I need to do to make games from both harddrives show?

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got 2 Harddrives. 1 has the gamecube isos which is formatted in Fat32. The other has wii games which is formatted in WBFS. The gamecube HDD is connected to port 0 while the wii one is connected to port 1
I put the hdd setting to check both usb ports, but the wii games don't show up. What do I need to do to make games from both harddrives show?

I don't know how to fix your specific problem but I wanted to ask why you at using 2 drives? The best setup (in my opinion) is to have one drive and format the whole thing to FAT32 with 32k clusters. If your drive is larger than 2TB then use 64k clusters. Then put all your games on that one drive. That's my setup and I have never had any problems. Hope this helps.

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What CIOS do you have installed? The first post in this thread states the following:
  • Compatible with both USB ports (needs Hermes cIOS or d2x v9+).
  • List all games from all partitions and from both USB ports at the same time (needs Hermes cIOS or d2x v9+).
Can you provide a syscheck?

As @Clutz450 mentioned, one drive works well. How he described is how I have mine setup.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
actually, v10 (not alternative) is only port0.
that changelog was written before v10 release, and we expected that all newer cIOS would support both ports. but it created some issues, so v10 was released in two versions : single port, and dual ports.

Port1 support is:
Hermes v4
Hermes v5.x
d2x v9
d2x v10-alt (r53)

If you want to play gamecube and connect both drives at the same time, you need to connect the gamecube HDD to the higher port number (Port1) because nintendont (of this is the loader you are using) is using IOS58, which initialize and mount HDD from higher USB port to lower ones.
USB Port1 > USB Port0

while cIOS (for wii games) are loading the ports in incremental order
Port 0 > Port 1

If you want to still connect the Wii HDD on port1 (NOT recommended), you need to go to settings > HDD menu >
Set "USB Port" to 1 to mount only the 1, or both to mount both.
Set "multiple partition ON" if you want to list all games from all partition.

click on the first option to "scroll" through all the detected partition and set the "default" partition for the wii if you don't use "multiple partition" option.
if you use the multiple partition option, then the default partition you selected here will be the one where game installed from the loader will be copied to.

sorry if my explanations are a bit hard to understand, you should just try and see the menus and their effect.
just remember the init order with cIOS and IOS58 are different!

Z_Slasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
InspectMii won't work on my wii for a syscheck. I'm not sure if I have d2x. If I need to install it, which IOS should I install it on?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can also check what's installed in your slot249 by launching USBLoaderGX, going to the settings, and credit page.
Look at the top right to get information on your currently loaded IOS.

if it's on IOS58, maybe you don't have a cIOS (or you set IOS58 manually in the settings).
If it's on 249, check the other informations, like "d2x" the version and the base number.

You can also install (or reinstall) it.
You don't install it in a "IOS" but in a slot. Maybe that's what you thought, maybe not.
Lot of users thing they are instaling in "IOS56", but you are installing in slot 249.
You don't need to select any IOS to use the installer.

you need to install :
d2x v10 (r52)
slot 249
base 56
version 21010

or you can install base57 instead of base56, which has better compatibility with games.

Z_Slasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I find the installer for this? Modmii won't let me download it, and the one I got from GitHub doesn't work with my wii. Edit: Nvm, I was apparently using the wiiu version.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I installed d2x v10 (r52) on Slot 249 base 57 version 21010, and the wii games are on slot 0 and gamecube games are on slot 1, but it's still only reading the wii games drive.

Last edited by Z_Slasher,

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Click on the 4th icon on the top of the page (kinda looks like an SD card next to a Wii). Make sure you have both Wii and GameCube games selected.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry, that's my fault. I recommended r52 in my previous post.

if you connect two USB drives, you NEED v10-alternative (the r53).
You can't use r52, which is compatible only with USB port0.

If you want to use both USB Port0 and USB Port1, you need d2x v10-alt (r53)
same slot and base than you installed is fine. just switch to the alternative version.
Then don't forget to enable the option in the loader to load games from multiple ports and list multiple partition if you want to see all at the same time.

NEVER NEVER EVER use USB to store USBLoaderGX data when using multiple ports.
Place all your homebrew on an SD Card (sd:/apps/). Put the loader and ALL the resources (settings, covers, themes, sound, etc.) there.
USB should contain ONLY the ISOs.

SD cards are cheap, buy one if you don't have one.
I'm sure you prefer a cheap SD card than losing USB data!

Z_Slasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed dx2 v10 alt r53 beta on IOS249 Base 57, put multiple partitions on. It will show the gamecube games in USB Port 1 when I switch it to that, or the wii games when I switch it to USB Port 0, but when I select both ports, it only shows the wii games on USB port 0.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed dx2 v10 alt r53 beta on IOS249 Base 57, put multiple partitions on. It will show the gamecube games in USB Port 1 when I switch it to that, or the wii games when I switch it to USB Port 0, but when I select both ports, it only shows the wii games on USB port 0.

I believe that's expected behavior. It's much easier just to put all games on one FAT32 partition.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Does USB Loader GX not work with SDHC cards that are bigger than 32MB? I tried a 64MB one and everything worked fine except for app, Save Game Manager GX, and Wii Xplorer, which ironically are my most used apps.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does USB Loader GX not work with SDHC cards that are bigger than 32MB? I tried a 64MB one and everything worked fine except for app, Save Game Manager GX, and Wii Xplorer, which ironically are my most used apps.

Hmm... it may have something to do with what version of libogc they were linked with?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you want to list games from both HDD at the same time, remember that you need to enable the option "multiple partitions" in the hdd settings.
if you enable all partition, you might have to set the path properly in case the driver number are different than when loading one drive at a time.

I really don't recommend using multiple HDD.
You should put everything on a single FAT32 partition on USB Port0. that's all.

I don't know the SD size limit, but the loaders or apps don't have a manual limit. If it works on Wii it should work on homebrew too. if it doesn't, then maybe it's a libogc issue.

Reactions: sonictopfan

Z_Slasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did those, but it doesn't work. Oh well... It doesn't bother me to switch drives in the harddrive settings.

Now when I try to open wiitdb.xml by pressing y, it says Error: could not open wiitdb.xml. What directory should I put it in, because I have it in the root, the usbloader_gx, and config directory and it still won't load.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use AKG K7XX headphones for daily use, but Meze 99 Classics when I want to *enjoy* the music
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi was still better than onboard audio even to this day
    Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or Windows update fixed it. Thank god lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh boy Massdrop has $1100 IEMs. Want, but not at that price lmao. https://drop.com/buy/campfire-audio-andromeda-emerald-sea-iem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'd sooner buy the Meze 109 Pro if I was dropping that much on headphones. I don't even like buds/IEMs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got the Google Pixel Pro buds, they're good enough for when I need portable audio. And some really cheap IEMs that Dankpods recommends, I think the KZ ZSN Pro
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first video came out lol
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first...