• Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

xombiemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I set up Neek2o on vWii and tested Majora's Mask. It loaded fine and then I wanted to test the Return To function. I had Return to Usbloader GX in the global settings and Return To On in the game setting.
My question is how do initiate the return. I tried to click the home button and choose Wii Menu, but when I did that it froze on a black screen. I was walking out the door to work, so I didn't have time to mess with it more. Is clicking the Wii Menu the correct way to do the Return To? Was it just a fluke that mine froze on a black screen?

alcab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When using neek2o on vWii I always return to Wii U Mode.
When selecting Neek in Nand Emulation, "Return to" should change to "activate" and "deactivate". Just select "activate" to avoid the black screen. You'll return back to Wii U mode.

I'm using USB Loader GX rev1253.

Best regards.

Last edited by alcab,
Reactions: Cyan

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
I set up Neek2o on vWii and tested Majora's Mask. It loaded fine and then I wanted to test the Return To function. I had Return to Usbloader GX in the global settings and Return To On in the game setting.
My question is how do initiate the return. I tried to click the home button and choose Wii Menu, but when I did that it froze on a black screen. I was walking out the door to work, so I didn't have time to mess with it more. Is clicking the Wii Menu the correct way to do the Return To? Was it just a fluke that mine froze on a black screen?
The "Return to" in Global Settings is for Wii games only.

For NEEK, you have to make sure "Return to" in game settings is "ON" (should always be ON by default).

Now, you also need the NK2O channel installed in your emuNAND: https://code.google.com/p/custom-di/downloads/list
There are 4, they are all the same, the only difference is their banner. Choose one and install it on your emuNAND as if it were a VC/Wiiware title.

Load a VC/Wiiware game with neek2o, then press Home Button, clic on Wii menu. This action will trigger the NK2O channel, which acts as a swapper between real NAND and emuNAND.

It works on Wii, cannot tell about vWii.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
The "Return to" in Global Settings is for Wii games only.

For NEEK, you have to make sure "Return to" in game settings is "ON" (should always be ON by default).

Now, you also need the NK2O channel installed in your emuNAND: https://code.google.com/p/custom-di/downloads/list
There are 4, they are all the same, the only difference is their banner. Choose one and install it on your emuNAND as if it were a VC/Wiiware title.

Load a VC/Wiiware game with neek2o, then press Home Button, clic on Wii menu. This action will trigger the NK2O channel, which acts as a swapper between real NAND and emuNAND.

It works on Wii, cannot tell about vWii.
Cyan or anybody who might know. Why is it that this method doesn't work on vWii? I remember something mentioned sometime ago but for the life of me I can't remember the reason.

DyCerBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm sorry but could you explain better for me what you did to get it sped up? Is it that you deleted the settings and covers and installed them again?

Not sure if it was this that really solved the problem, but:

-I tested a different Emunand with no results, then
-Made a backup of the entire usbloadergx folder. Saved it on the hdd root.
-tested copying a different version of usblgx i had from another HD, covers, configs and all.
-When that worked fine, thought it maybe could be the settings, so I tested a clean install of r1251.
-When that also worked fine, i simply "restored" the folder I had as a backup, but changed the titles, banners and covers folders names to something else, just to test if those were the problem.
-When it, again, worked fine, I simply renamed the folders back and basicaly, nothing was really changed from what it was on the beginning. Except it was insanely faster.

Basically, what I did was copy the USBLGX folder, delete it, try a different version (maybe it made something change on the emunand after I loaded a channel? I have no idea), delete the different version (I think it was the latest before 1247, or 123something), and return the backup folder to its place.

EDIT: Also, the problem I had basically was:

-VC games taking forever to boot up.
-Wiiware games loading just fine, but taking forever to create save files.
-VC games that didn't have to "load state" (N64 games) booted just fine but took forever to open the Home Menu.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
DyCerBR Thank you for the reply, it seems your issue is different than mine as my issue is related to starting up USBLGX as it takes a while for all the games to appear especially the ones on EmuNAND while the others are tolerable, I have a lot of games installed though so that might be it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry, i will not ne able to answer and help users for few days.
I count on other users to help each others.

My computer crashed, my RAID HDD are (were?) In constant reconstruction loop due to hardware issue until it BSOD and end on a Raid error
I probably lost a lot of data..
I ordered a new computer and i will have to reinstall everything.
I will not be available for at least 1 week.

I will ont work on the loader in next days/weeks. I will focus on reinstall.
I hope i will be able to at least update and close googlecode like expected befor 24 august.

Thanks for the cover download issue. I change the code in 1253 to add SSL, but et probably broke it.
I will update when i can, if you dont need SSL for nintendont update, then use 1252.

See you later (soon TM)

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Sorry, i will not ne able to answer and help users for few days.
I count on other users to help each others.

My computer crashed, my RAID HDD are (were?) In constant reconstruction loop due to hardware issue until it BSOD and end on a Raid error
I probably lost a lot of data..
I ordered a new computer and i will have to reinstall everything.
I will not be available for at least 1 week.

I will ont work on the loader in next days/weeks. I will focus on reinstall.
I hope i will be able to at least update and close googlecode like expected befor 24 august.

Thanks for the cover download issue. I change the code in 1253 to add SSL, but et probably broke it.
I will update when i can, if you dont need SSL for nintendont update, then use 1252.

See you later (soon TM)
Fuck... That sucks my friend. Hope wgatever you lost wasn't THAT important...
I have a bug to report. I don't if this has already been mentioned or not but here it goes:
Updating of the wiitdb.xml file doesn't work. It fails with a message that says something like "unable to write" or somethibg like that (yeah. Already tried with other hdd etc just to make sure it wasn't a problem with hardware). And then a pronpt proceeda to inform you that your xml file is already up to date (even though there's no file to begin with)
You just gotta love those random bugs.B-)
Sorry for the ypos. Typing from phone,.

Last edited by sideskroll,

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Updating of the wiitdb.xml file doesn't work. It fails with a message that says something like "unable to write" or somethibg like that (yeah. Already tried with other hdd etc just to make sure it wasn't a problem with hardware). And then a pronpt proceeda to inform you that your xml file is already up to date (even though there's no file to begin with)
Create a usbloader_gx folder onto the root of the drive and change the Title Path to it and it works fine.

Reactions: sideskroll

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm having issues with the latest version.
I was testing my translation and decided to load Mario Kart Wii from the original disc.
I like to run EVERYTHING from the Emu NAND, including the disc games that I have, but I noticed that it wasn't loading my saves anymore and I found that it was saving and loading to the real NAND instead of running from my SD Card.

Saves from Channels work like they should.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues with the latest version.
I was testing my translation and decided to load Mario Kart Wii from the original disc.
I like to run EVERYTHING from the Emu NAND, including the disc games that I have, but I noticed that it wasn't loading my saves anymore and I found that it was saving and loading to the real NAND instead of running from my SD Card.

Saves from Channels work like they should.

They don't use the same settings do you have NAND saves turned OFF? It needs to at least be on Partial.

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Everything on my console runs from the emuNAND, Partial for saves and Full for some games and channels. This only happens on the latest version. Disc Games are loading and saving on the real NAND; Channels and Games Installed work fine.

I even tried deleting the old config file and reconfiguring, but no luck.

Last edited by Codemastershock,

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I forgot to mention this, yesterday I had some time so I went ahead and tested some GC games using Nintendont r358 + USB-Loader GX r1253 on a regular Wii with EmuMC, they all worked fine for me, NTSC, Pal, Jap, Triforce, loaded fine, ran fine, and saved fine, no problems here, for those who had issues running GC games I'm not sure why this happened to you but I can confirm they work fine here, maybe someone with a Wii U can confirm wither the issue is present or not?

Reactions: Troopage

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to mention this, yesterday I had some time so I went ahead and tested some GC games using Nintendont r358 + USB-Loader GX r1253 on a regular Wii with EmuMC, they all worked fine for me, NTSC, Pal, Jap, Triforce, loaded fine, ran fine, and saved fine, no problems here, for those who had issues running GC games I'm not sure why this happened to you but I can confirm they work fine here, maybe someone with a Wii U can confirm wither the issue is present or not?
I'm not having issues and I'm on Wii U. Maybe it's because we are using the MasterMod?

Reactions: sonictopfan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That is messed up.