• Likes 48

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
by network I thought about ingame network access, like with UNO or Tetris party.
I don't have internet channel, but I guess it doesn't check if the connection is valid (it doesn't go through nintendo game servers to be launched).

I edited my post above to add exemple of what Partial could be used for.
But I still don't see a reason to use that.
removing the option in the loader would prevent newbie (and less newbie) users to be confused.

I think I will change it to something like that:

Wii Game Data Location: Console / Savegame on EmuNAND / All on EmuNAND (current off/partial/full)
EmuNAND chan use NEEK: OFF / ON (current full/neek)

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by network I thought about ingame network access, like with UNO or Tetris party.

I don't have internet channel, but I guess it doesn't check if the connection is valid (it doesn't go through nintendo game servers to be launched).
I'd test those out if I had any WiiWare games with online connectivity, but the few I thought were worth buying are all offline games.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
using partial with emuNAND channels would use the settings and mii stored no the console, so the only benefit I see could be:
And on the topic of Miis.
I was wondering if I can "update" Miis on my emuNAND after it's already dumped and working fine (for instance, If I create a new Mii character for someone and I want to be able to use it on neek) without corrupting or somehow messing up the working emuNAND.
(after all, there's an option to dump miis to emuNAND on GX)
TL;DR: I have a working, complete nand dump with only 1 Mii (mine) I want to create new Miis for X people. Can I do that on my real NAND and then dump the Miis like so from GX?
Thanks.

BTW, already added some titles to the compatibility table. Still have some more to test.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And on the topic of Miis.
I was wondering if I can "update" Miis on my emuNAND after it's already dumped and working fine (for instance, If I create a new Mii character for someone and I want to be able to use it on neek) without corrupting or somehow messing up the working emuNAND.
(after all, there's an option to dump miis to emuNAND on GX)
TL;DR: I have a working, complete nand dump with only 1 Mii (mine) I want to create new Miis for X people. Can I do that on my real NAND and then dump the Miis like so from GX?
Thanks.

BTW, already added some titles to the compatibility table. Still have some more to test.

Yep. There's a "Dump Miis" option in the Features menu. I think "Dump SYSCONF" will update your EmuNAND if you change your network settings or other console features, too.

Reactions: sideskroll

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Yep. There's a "Dump Miis" option in the Features menu. I think "Dump SYSCONF" will update your EmuNAND if you change your network settings or other console features, too.
vWii here. So all I really need to update are Miis.
Off topic. Hows your gamecube tool going? Are you still working on it?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vWii here. So all I really need to update are Miis.
Off topic. Hows your gamecube tool going? Are you still working on it?

Yup... Been busy with real work so it's been a bit slower lately. I've gotten the moving/renaming stuff done so I might be able to get a preview build up soon. :P

EDIT: It's not vaporware... I promise... UI stuff and title art is going in this week. It's currently still all texty.

Screenshot (3).png Screenshot (2).png

Last edited by GreyWolf,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Updating nintendont does not work for me with r1253.
Thanks for the report.

Could you provide more information ?
Are you on IOS58 or a cIOS? did you try different cIOS?

I tested it only on d2x v8 base56
The patches were created with IOS58 SSL module, but Fix94 said there's not a lot of SSL modules so a lot of IOS/cIOS should work with the same patch.

Maybe it's not related to the patch but to the way I init the network or download the data.
but only SSL seems to be an issue, as you could download covers, so I think it's more something related to SSL patching.

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for your answer Cyan. I tried it again and now it worked perfectly... Really don't know why it didn't work last time, but at least now you don't have to search for an error.
Thanks for your hard work and ongoing dedication after all this years!!

Reactions: Cyan

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Yup... Been busy with real work so it's been a bit slower lately. I've gotten the moving/renaming stuff done so I might be able to get a preview build up soon. :P

EDIT: It's not vaporware... I promise... UI stuff and title art is going in this week. It's currently still all texty.

View attachment 21589 View attachment 21588
Cool. I hope its ready soon. I'd love to properly rename my GCN games but I'm too lazy to do it manually. :P

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Cyan, Jumper: Griffin's Story crash before the last level with d2x v10 in 249 (base56) and 250 (base57).

Compatibility list says it works but i guess the tester have not played deep enough. Do you recomend any other cios?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Not sure if this a problem with nintendont or ULGX, but it seems ULGX is not aplying changes to nintendont, it just launch nintendont but you need select everything (games, settings) from nintendont itself, has someone experienced this, is like autoboot is dead or something. I'm using mastermod 355, and ULGX 1247.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if this a problem with nintendont or ULGX, but it seems ULGX is not aplying changes to nintendont, it just launch nintendont but you need select everything (games, settings) from nintendont itself, has someone experienced this, is like autoboot is dead or something. I'm using mastermod 355, and ULGX 1247.
Are you using r1253? I didn't play with it for a while but I tested it earlier today and it seemed to run Nintendont just fine for me.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
What's does the "neek" function in USB Loader GX do?
Is it possible to use it un vWii?

I'll appreciate the help a lot!
You can use an external storage device instead Wii internal memory, the benefit is you have unlimited space (as opposed to 500mb of internal Wii memory)
Not sure if you can use (recomedable?) it on vWii to be honest.

DyCerBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Cyan, I have a weird behaviour to report:

I have a LOT of channels on my Emunand, exactly 783.

I was experiencing a really long load before games, with the disc slot light flashing for around 50 seconds for every VC game before it loaded. Also, Castlevania Rondo of Blood was having issues with the cutscenes.

I thought it was the emunand size, so I made a smaller one with a single VC game and it still took a lot to load.

Then I tried a different version, r123something, i believe, and it loaded games instantly. I then made a clean install of 1251 and it loaded everything instantly.

I thought it could be because of all the banners and images. So I restored my usbloaderGX install and changed the covers and banner cache folders names to test.

Everything loaded instantly. Now I have the very same USBLGX install I had before, with all the same settings and files, loading the very same huge emunand channels with almost no delay.

I have absolutely no idea what the problem could be.

alcab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for your help. I used uNeek and Sneek when I was using original Wii. Didn't know it was possible to use it with USB Loader GX. Could you please give further explanation on how to use it with the loader, or at least a link where I can read how to configure it? I've been googleing it, but I've been unable to find anything.

Thanks again!!

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
You can use an external storage device instead Wii internal memory, the benefit is you have unlimited space (as opposed to 500mb of internal Wii memory)
Not sure if you can use (recomedable?) it on vWii to be honest.
Yes you can.
I'm using it as my main way to lad VC/WW right now.
Thanks for your help. I used uNeek and Sneek when I was using original Wii. Didn't know it was possible to use it with USB Loader GX. Could you please give further explanation on how to use it with the loader, or at least a link where I can read how to configure it? I've been googleing it, but I've been unable to find anything.

Thanks again!!
-Create a dump of your NAND with USBLOADER GX.
-Install all the wads you want with showmiiwads on your PC.
-Get a copy of neek2o beta 9.6 (I don't know if I can help you with that... maybe ask Cyan. If not. And I'm free to share it I'll be happy to)
-Select games/channels/whatever you want to run with neek and in settings enter "emunand type: neek" or something like that.
-Profit!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/zt9KMvI-kQs?si=o7yb3GlzURRtZh0o