Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can use ShowMiiWads.
load the folder containing the forwarder wad
then right-click on it and select extract/to folder
it will create a folder with 00000002.app in it. rename that file to boot.dol (or maybe you can rename to whatever.dol), put on your SD, run Priiloader, upload that .dol to nand and set to boot it.

PS : looks like the last forwarder is still using IOS35 and not IOS58.
We will maybe repack it later for usb2.0 access
tongue.gif

Monster212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i installed the new forwarder and it seems to load a bit slower for me... then the old one did..... i have 4.2u wii with rev1023.... make gx when it loads about 5 secs before it will show my games.... on my drive... other then that everything else works perfect for me

P.S... cios rev21 base of 56...

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using this new forwarder in priibricker means it wont be using IOS58. it will be using whatever IOS your system menu is using. the only benefit you will see is that it can load the dol from a NTFS drive.

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
I don't know the exact IOS revisions number, sorry
frown.gif

error 002 should be in the settings. if not, use a newer revision (927 is a good one).
Or even 1023 !

About the cIOS17 :
It's not the rev17 which only works with the latest stable version of USB Loader GX.
It's the contrary, all the stable revision (up to 938) only works with cIOS rev17.

Newer (beta) version of GX works with ALL cIOS from cIOS rev9 to rev21, but cIOS rev20 or 21 is now the recommended one. Of course, rev17 is still working really fine. I'm using cIOS rev17 myself without problem.

If you really want to update yo cIOS rev21, did you try to update now, after installing rev17 ? maybe rev17 has some new functions that rev10 didn't have and were preventing you to install newer revision (just a supposition, it shouldn't be a problem)

But you don't need any more cIOS, as you seems to be running GX fine now.

Yeah! I got it working for now but there may be problems with certain games running. I'll stay tuned for updates because some newer games will most definitely need an updated CIOS/loader. I think I will update the loader to r1021 or r1023 now since I have the forwarder working as well.
biggrin.gif

Monster212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
I made the same forwarder, but this time using IOS58.
It should access USB2.0 faster.
If it's still not fast, it could be because it's now browsing every partitions for a boot.dol

USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder (2010 12 30)

i tried this channel and found it to load slower then the other one...lol.... but either way not a big deal really.. as the loader it self works perfect.... no issues yet every game i throw at it works perfect.. and even the games seem to load faster...

jjplayground

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am using USBLoader GX and love it!
I am on r874 and when I hit the Update button it always tell me there is no update.
But you guys are talking about r1024 and so on, so I am confused.
Is there an update for USBloader GX after r874 or are these updates not official updates so they can not be downloaded automatically?

Many thanks for your answers!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
874 is the last official release.
If you go to the settings and enable "beta update" (if available in 874), you should be able to update up to 938 (or maybe a little less).

past 938 it's considered pre-beta as there are a lot of changes and the loader was completely rewritten.
If you want these revision you need to download them manually. Delete all your config files before trying these new pre-beta revisions.

Or just wait a little, the next official release shouldn't be long now.

jjplayground

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
874 is the last official release.
If you go to the settings and enable "beta update" (if available in 874), you should be able to update up to 938 (or maybe a little less).

past 938 it's considered pre-beta as there are a lot of changes and the loader was completely rewritten.
If you want these revision you need to download them manually. Delete all your config files before trying these new pre-beta revisions.

Or just wait a little, the next official release shouldn't be long now.

Thanx! I will wait, all my games are running with the 874 release.
I am wondering what good be made better, because r874 is already perfect right?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, it's more the way the loader is coded, instead of visual aspect.
it will mainly add, since 874 :
- FAT32/NTFS/Ext2/3/4 support.
- Support Wip file for Problematic games and auto-patching (Prince of Persia, NSMB - Done in 935) and support for newer problematic game like Black Ops.
- Full support for newer cIOSx and Hermes v5.1
- Ability to quit a game and return to the loader (or any other installed channel).

Other updates may be unnoticed to end users, like changing the Theme format.

If you are curious, you can check the revision log.

jjplayground

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
yeah, it's more the way the loader is coded, instead of visual aspect.
- Support Wip file for Problematic games and auto-patching (Prince of Persia, NSMB - Done in 935) and support for newer problematic game like Black Ops.
- Ability to quit a game and return to the loader (or any other installed channel).

Thanx for the good work!

Posts merged

QUOTE(Cyan @ Dec 31 2010, 03:47 PM) yeah, it's more the way the loader is coded, instead of visual aspect.

Thanx for the good work!

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan:

You stated this to me:

QUOTE said:
Newer (beta) version of GX works with ALL cIOS from cIOS rev9 to rev21, but cIOS rev20 or 21 is now the recommended one. Of course, rev17 is still working really fine. I'm using cIOS rev17 myself without problem.

Everytime I update to a newer beta version(tried 3 different ones) when running cIOSrev17 the loader doesn't work. I revert back to an official stable release(r883) and it goes back to normal. What's the issue here on that?

Also, you told me to try updating with cIOSrev21 installer once I got rev17 working. I tried updating but again cIOSrev21 installer doesn't work with updating. All kinds of slots and different cIOS are being tried without any installing. Every one of them gives me the error= -1 message from the installer. What in the world is blocking me from updating to a newer cIOS? I don't get it! Thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't get it either.
It should work.

I'm on cIOS rev17 myself, using WBFS partition drive, and I can assure you that the latest beta (1026 now) is working fine.
Are you booting from SD card or USB ? (the place you put the boot.dol)
check that you don't have config files left in all your possible folders :
- sd:/config
- sd:/apps/usbloader_gx/
- usb:/config
- usb:/apps/usbloader_gx/

run it from HBC first to be sure.
What is "not working" ?
- Do you have a code dump ?
- does the loader never show up ?
- does it works but can't detect your drive ?
- do you have favorite icon enables when you don't have any favorite games ? (you shouldn't have that problem if you deleted all your config files)
it could be many things, just tell me what is really not working.

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
I don't get it either.
It should work.

I'm on cIOS rev17 myself, using WBFS partition drive, and I can assure you that the latest beta (1026 now) is working fine.
Are you booting from SD card or USB ? (the place you put the boot.dol)
check that you don't have config files left in all your possible folders :
- sd:/config
- sd:/apps/usbloader_gx/
- usb:/config
- usb:/apps/usbloader_gx/

run it from HBC first to be sure.
What is "not working" ?
- Do you have a code dump ?
- does the loader never show up ?
- does it works but can't detect your drive ?
- do you have favorite icon enables when you don't have any favorite games ? (you shouldn't have that problem if you deleted all your config files)
it could be many things, just tell me what is really not working.

Okay! What I did last night was transferred all games to PC & then removed/deleted the games from the USB HDD. I then reformatted my USB drive to FAT32(entire partition). I used WiiBackupManager to re-install my games back to the HDD. I then installed r927 of the loader since you stated it was a pretty good version.

Once loading up I was able to see my box art from the menu. I can also see my disc art as well from any one particular game. It shows the correct amount of games on HDD. It shows the drive formatted as FAT32 from the settings with correct partition size. Once I try to load any game(all) nothing happens. Just a blank screen.

I switched the '002 error fix' to ON from the settings. Didn't help. I then removed/deleted my config files from the SD Card to see if that would help. It didn't! I still haven't deleted that old USB Loader channel from the menu. That wouldn't matter, right? Does r927 have issues with playing games? I wouldn't think so going by your information.

I'm using the boot.dol from SD Card(/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol). Of course, I'm launching it from the forwarder. How do I save a code dump of the efforts to install the cIOSrev21 from the Wii? The loader is now showing up with r927 but no games will load. Is this enough information? Let me know! Thanks!

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tonybologna said:
Does r927 have issues with playing games? I wouldn't think so going by your information.

I used r938 for a long time and had no real problems. For FAT32 you had to use hermes v4 & made sure it was configured to use CIOS 222.

I'm on r1024 now with cios rev 21 (249=57, 250=56) & hermes 5.1 (222=38, 223=37) and don't have any problems that you are.

Not got round to building r1026 yet, though it sounds like it's moving in the right direction.

I'm hoping that soon it will stop trying to initialize an sd card as I don't use one anymore (everything is loaded from usb).

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I used r938 for a long time and had no real problems. For FAT32 you had to use hermes v4 & made sure it was configured to use CIOS 222.

What's Hermes on the Wii? I only know about Hermes for the PS3 work he does. What application is this for the Wii? The Backup Manager? Sorry, not familiar with the Wii apps as much. Hadn't needed to update things in a long time.
rolleyes.gif

Monster212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tonybologna said:
@Cyan:

You stated this to me:

QUOTE said:

Everytime I update to a newer beta version(tried 3 different ones) when running cIOSrev17 the loader doesn't work. I revert back to an official stable release(r883) and it goes back to normal. What's the issue here on that?

Also, you told me to try updating with cIOSrev21 installer once I got rev17 working. I tried updating but again cIOSrev21 installer doesn't work with updating. All kinds of slots and different cIOS are being tried without any installing. Every one of them gives me the error= -1 message from the installer. What in the world is blocking me from updating to a newer cIOS? I don't get it! Thanks!

are you trying to do a offline install of cios rev 21 , i would try network install... as i had issues trying to get offline to work for me when i tried to install so went with network and all was ok... and when you install one of the newer betas make sure you delete your config folders and also check your folder paths.... cause i have had no issues with rev21 and any version of GX...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah yes, I thought you were still on WBFS.

For FAT32, you must install Hermes V4 (not V5).
The best, on my opinion, is IOS222[37+38] (use manual install, and merging option when installing IOS 222).
Then, boot USBloaderGX, go to settings and set IOS222 as main IOS. exit the loader and reload it in order to make IOS222 effective.

If you install cIOSx rev18+, then you will have FAT32 and NTFS support with IOS249 too.
Though, cIOSx rev18+ and Hermes cIOS v5+ are only supported from r921 to r930 and fully supported from r986

little resume :
cIOS rev17 : WBFS only
cIOSx : WBFS + FAT32 + NTFS +Ext2/3/4
Hermes v4 : WBFS + FAT32 + NTFS +Ext2/3/4
Hermes v5+ : WBFS + FAT32 + NTFS +Ext2/3/4

cIOS rev17 cIOSx Hermesv4 Hermes v5+
r874-r920 yes no yes no
r921-r930 yes yes (unstable) yes yes (unstable)
r931-r985 yes no yes no
r986 + yes yes yes yes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay