• Likes 48

referencer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use a USB Gecko with this loader, but every time I start up the loader with the Gecko plugged in, I just get a black screen. Is there something special I have to do to get it to work? I'm on rev921.

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
referencer said:
I'm trying to use a USB Gecko with this loader, but every time I start up the loader with the Gecko plugged in, I just get a black screen. Is there something special I have to do to get it to work? I'm on rev921.

Plug the other end into your PC/Laptop and open wiird .. or something that reads from the Gecko its trying to send info over the gecko hens the halt ..

onc eu plug it into the PC u will see it start up

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been away from Wii a long time but I haven't updated this thing in a long time but it tells me no updates are available. (I probably last updated january or something). Well, my question was what is the most current stable version and do I need to download anything else besides the .dol file?

referencer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skiller said:
Plug the other end into your PC/Laptop and open wiird .. or something that reads from the Gecko its trying to send info over the gecko hens the halt ..

onc eu plug it into the PC u will see it start up
I was doing that, but it wasn't working; it seems the problem was that I was a retard and didn't realize it needed drivers, and expected it to work by magic instead. But now I have a new problem: while on the loader, the WiiRd GUI gives me an "Either the Gecko/RF is not started, or it is not supported by WiiRd/WiiRd GUI" error message, and when I start a game, it just goes into a
> gamestatus
Sending command
Error sending command
Resetting USB Gecko device driver!
Connection resetted!
> gamestatus
loop. Any clue?

Edit: Apparently it's an issue with hooktypes; it works fine in CFG USB Loader with hooktype VBI. I'd prefer not to switch over, though. Is there any way to switch hooktypes in GX?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the way to update USB GX should be different. Recently (in the last 5 months), serious scenarios have occurred where a number of people could not get the latest USB gx rev's to work. I think when we click to update the loader, we should be able to pick out of the last 15-30 revs just in case one of the newer top 10 revs are causing problems. However, in the scenario I was stuck in, I couldn't even navigate to the option screen to change some of the settings which is my next suggestion:

Is it possible to implement a safe mode? You can decide what it does but it should definitely limit the amount of features to let the loader run (maybe not even run the games, disable themes, sounds, disable some usb functions, etc...) The way to access it would be to strike or hold a combination of keys while loading.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Zetta_x said:
I think the way to update USB GX should be different. Recently (in the last 5 months), serious scenarios have occurred where a number of people could not get the latest USB gx rev's to work. I think when we click to update the loader, we should be able to pick out of the last 15-30 revs just in case one of the newer top 10 revs are causing problems. However, in the scenario I was stuck in, I couldn't even navigate to the option screen to change some of the settings which is my next suggestion:

Is it possible to implement a safe mode? You can decide what it does but it should definitely limit the amount of features to let the loader run (maybe not even run the games, disable themes, sounds, disable some usb functions, etc...) The way to access it would be to strike or hold a combination of keys while loading.
Then why not just download the latest stable release rather than the latest beta (AFAIK the latest stable release is still ~875)

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ocdetective said:
Zetta_x said:

Then why not just download the latest stable release rather than the latest beta (AFAIK the latest stable release is still ~875)

I hope you are not implying that I did not think of that. I'm just throwing around opinions to integrate greater accessibility within GX. There seems to be a lack of ideas of what to build on any loaders and this seems like a fairly simple project to keep a random developer busy who previously may have nothing to do. Not only that, it's good experience to work with different possibilities

patoons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just got a new wii, i softmodded and everything, installed usb loader, and put the sd and flash drive ive been using on my old wii (where it worked perfectly fine). ssbb doesnt load now, it gives a black screen. the other games on the flash drive load. ssbb never gave a problem before. i do see a screen when i start usb loader on the new wii that ive never seen before. here it is

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4053/...e04c2c33_b.jpg

could this be a reason ssbb isnt working?

when i have ocarina on for SSBB, the game doesn't load. if i disable ocarina, SSBB loads just fine. how can i fix this?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Need a lot more info to help you, like what cIOS version have you installed, what version of GX are you using, what filesystem are you using...

lejong2002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lejong2002 said:
Hi guys.

I have a question.
When I use sandisk 16G pendrive, I can run all of games by usb loader GX.
This time I got an Segate 250G IDE HDD, but I cannot run all games by usb loader GX.
But games are working with cfg usb loader.

Any idea?

I'm on;
cios249 rev19 by waninkoko
cios 222, 223 v4 by hermes.
FAT32

This is my test result.

I tested usb loader GX r929 , it works with my seagate 250G ide HDD.
I updated any other latest usb loader GX, it doesn't work.

What is the R929's difference ?

I hope my test would be useful for anyone.

Greetings.

Grenader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
petspeed said:
Jimpex said:
Hallo folks.

I´m just using Rev.630 of USB-Loader GX and it just runs fine.

But i read about a feature in newer Revisons that it is possible to exit from a game directly back to the USB-Loader.
(Which is indeed a usefull thing to have...)

So i tried Rev.937, but it doesn´t work. The games go back to the Wii-Menu. (I should mention that I use the UNEO-Forwarder to launch GX)

But if I launch GX through the Homebrew-Channel, everything is fine!! I tried a few games and all of them exits back to the USB-Loader GX!!

So, is it a bug or did I miss something?

Kind regards
Jimpex

It was removed again in rev 931.
Why?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Grenader said:
Because it conflicted with Prince of Persia, which lot of people wanted to play.
I hope it will be added back properly though
tongue.gif

The missing features will be redone by r-win later.

Use 930 in the meantime if you want that feature and don't play with Prince of Persia.

@OuahOuah :
Oh, I didn't think about the partition format.
I thought users could run neogamma to play sam&max, so for 1 game it wasn't badly needed.
But I guess your point makes more sense now !

you should contact Dimok to add this.
@Dimok : I don't have Sam&Max to debug it, but I can try wdm with other alt dol games if you need my help again.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oops, I answered you in my previous post by editing it while you posted here.
I'll copy it :

Oh, I didn't think about the partition format.
I thought users could run neogamma to play sam&max, so for 1 game it wasn't badly needed.
But I guess your point makes more sense now !

you should contact Dimok to add this.
@Dimok : I don't have Sam&Max to debug it, but I can try wdm with other alt dol games if you need my help again.
but the most important part here is the parameter to boot different chapter of the same dol. so I won't be able to help.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Ok, in fact was just a question in my mind : is it hard to "implement" as NeoGamma have this since few times now ?

As NeoGamma sources are open... not sure Wiipower will "forbid" his code for this...

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
photopro152 said:
So is there a version that will run Twilight princess? my wont run with the newest version of GX.. I really like GX though.

I saw you asking this in other threads as well and I realy thought you allready figured it out. But do you have a good dump? I've no problem running Twilight Princess with any version of GX

arodey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been using USB Loader GX for awhile now. Love it. I have a few question though:

1. How can I have USB Loader GX autoboot on Wii startup, while still having update functionality? (Currently priiloader installs boot.dol to NAND so for every update I have to reinstall boot.dol in priiloader.)

2. How can I make the Homebrew Launcher within USB Loader GX boot homebrew app's a little better? (Is there some configuration I should use, or is this a common issue most people have and the developers are fixing the bugs?)

3. Anyway to have the Channel loader read the banners from installed channels? (If the banners exist mind you.)

I'm on 4.2U with the latest cios's and versions of USB Loader GX and priiloader. Thanks in advance!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. GiantPune once gave a modified bootmii (ppcboot.elf) to boot the installed UNEO forwarder.
If you don't have Bootmii as boot2, you have to make Priiloader boot Bootmii IOS to run usbloaderGX at boot.

I don't remember which post he gave the link to the file, so I reuploaded it here and created a quick readme.
Hope you don't mind Pune. or else I'll remove it.

PS : I never tested it, but I'm confident with Giantpune's work
tongue.gif

for 2 and 3, I don't know, sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeJincEpEM