• Start date
  • Views 7,186,664
  • Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
Go here and download the software for whichever HDD you are using, and use that to turn off the power saving mode. note that you will have to format the drive back to fat or ntfs to be able to do it

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
r-win said:
NeoRame said:
hi guys, i updated the usb loader gx forwarder channel. now with BNS sound and only 12 blocks (the old one was 32 i think...)
I suppose we should also use this channel for the full channel from now on? If so, I need to fix the build server to use this channel from now on as a base.

do it my friend no problem. at the moment i have no devkit installed to create the modefied dol for the fullchannel.....

strapsoz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fgsfdsyo said:
Yep, my HDD is marked in the compatibility list. Same P/N and USB ID.

I don't think it's possible to turn off the powersaving mode, nor do I know if there is one.
My nephew has the same drive and his never acts up like this.

I have had this issue intermitently when using wbfs manager 3.0.1 and windows vista/7 64bit. I now use wii backup manager on 32bit xp machine and so far no hiccups. Might be worth trying this, but dont forget to completely format drive first.

Those hard drives are a bargain!

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NeoRame said:
at the moment i have no devkit installed to create the modefied dol for the fullchannel.....
I have, since I own the buildserver
smile.gif

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Before I had to put games in WBFS directory on my fat32 formatted partition, bute where do I need to put it now cause it won't work anymore?? I have 2 partitions on my HDD, NTFS and FAT32 and I am using wii game manager to get the isos on it.

Thanks!

Noone knows where to put my games on HDD to work with usbloaderGX 899?? I have 3.2e Wii.

Scarfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've decided to try a FAT partition with wbfs files instead of a WBFS partition but UBS Loader GX doesn't see any games on the fat drive. Someone any idea what is wrong?

Configuration:
* rev899
* Two partition: 1 Fat (active, primary), 1 Ntfs (primary)
* cIOS 222 rev4
* cIOS 249 rev17
* The wbfs files are in the WBFS folder on the Fat partition (I also tried wbfs in lower case)

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Scarfish said:
I've decided to try a FAT partition with wbfs files instead of a WBFS partition but UBS Loader GX doesn't see any games on the fat drive. Someone any idea what is wrong?
Check the settings to see which partition is used.

Scarfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I configured the loader to use the Fat partition and also stated in the config that it should use IOS222.

Edit:
Never mind. Problem was that I didn't put my SD card in and I didn't have the config on HD. Manually put the config on the Fat drive and now it's working
smile.gif

fredsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So... I've heard (read) that using cIOS 249 v14 as Global cIOS and setting an individual game's cIOS to 222 will cause problems. Is that right?
This is about the only reason now why I'm still using Configurable USB Loader, since I found out that GX uses a Titles.txt to rename games.

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
fredsmith said:
So... I've heard (read) that using cIOS 249 v14 as Global cIOS and setting an individual game's cIOS to 222 will cause problems. Is that right?
Never had a problem here using cIOS 249 rev 14 or 17 and loading games with hermes v4 222

QUOTEThis is about the only reason now why I'm still using Configurable USB Loader, since I found out that GX uses a Titles.txt to rename games.
So do most loaders, like Configurable USB Loader (im looking at the '' in Configurable USB Loader's Global options right now)

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where can I download the latest version?? I have r874 and I keep checking and checking for a new update and it always says no updates available. It's up to r899 now!

I tried
QUOTE said:
latest precompiled DOL (rename to boot.dol) or use the MIRROR
on page 1 but both links did not work

thanks

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fredsmith said:
Well, that depends. If you have a HDD that is supported by 249, but not by 222, that will indeed cause problems. If your HDD is supported by both, then this will not cause any problems.

QUOTE(fredsmith @ Jan 30 2010, 04:23 AM) This is about the only reason now why I'm still using Configurable USB Loader, since I found out that GX uses a Titles.txt to rename games.
titles.txt? We do not use titles.txt. We use WiiTDB to "rename" gametitles. Rename is a big word, since we don't actually rename the games on disc, but we only show the name from WiiTDB on the screen.

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
ThaDraGun said:
Where can I download the latest version?? I have r874 and I keep checking and checking for a new update and it always says no updates available. It's up to r899 now!

I tried
QUOTE said:
latest precompiled DOL (rename to boot.dol) or use the MIRROR
on page 1 but both links did not work

thanks
Here or turn on BETA revisions in the GUI settings on USB Loader GX and update through there

cheech794

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone I have a quick question. I just bought Sam and Max Season 1 (currently $12 at gamestop
yay.gif
), and i was wondering if anyone know a way around the reloading problems when selecting a chapter?

outcast22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just started to backup my collection on a 160gb WD MyPassport. Wii got 4.2 and cios38&17 installed. Problem is some games install and play fine but others(Incredible Hulk for one) keep giving me black screen. I've installed it twice now and it let me play initially but then black screen. Also wont play in NeoGamma v8. Starting to lose faith in GX if there's no permanent fix. Someone please help cuz i've googled everywhere and im getting tired of reinstalling games

qazadex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have trouble playing no more heroes PAL version, patched to be uncencored. All I get while running it is a green screen. Any suggestions? SSBB also freezes after 5 or so minutes of playing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1