• Likes 48

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Dblast said:
Well, I reformatted the usb drive, reinstalled the game in wbfs directory and active directories in setting and now it works...

Does it means fat32 and ntfs must have games in wbfs directories?

EDIT: Ah I forgot, before retrying I also removed all files present in config directory maybe that helped...
Yes. I don't recall where in the readme it states that, but it should be in the USB:/wbfs/ folder (either all files in there together, or in different subfolders. that depends on the settings of the loader).

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wever said:
Dblast said:
Well, I reformatted the usb drive, reinstalled the game in wbfs directory and active directories in setting and now it works...

Does it means fat32 and ntfs must have games in wbfs directories?

EDIT: Ah I forgot, before retrying I also removed all files present in config directory maybe that helped...
Yes. I don't recall where in the readme it states that, but it should be in the USB:/wbfs/ folder (either all files in there together, or in different subfolders. that depends on the settings of the loader).
Almost...either in the /wbfs/ folder, or in subdirectories, which should be named /wbfs/GAMEID_Put_something_creative_here/GAMEID.wbfs. This does NOT depend on the settings of the loader. The setting in the loader is to determine where to INSTALL games when installing them through the loader.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bhs0432 said:
I am new at the Wii Soft modding.... i am trying to install the GUIUSBLoader r96.wad but i keep getting the ERROR! (ret=-2011) message. I have the 4.2U fwand i am using WAD Manager v1.5. Can anyone help me out? is there a specific IOS i need to use?

Ok well i tried some stuff and got it to install..... but now when i try to open the usb loader channel it just goes to a black screen and never loads. Any ideas?
R96.wad? What kind of ancient version is that? Try downloading the latest channel from our google downloads page.

Knolli

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hi,

the forwarder channel isn working for me.
it just leads me to a black screen =/

the path should be correct (sdcard:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol)

ideas?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Wiitdb.zip isn't loading game names for me.
I put the full version on a no-network wii so the game names would show up not as crappy, but it's not loading the file.

I put it in sd:/config/wiitdb.zip and sd:/config/wiitdb_wbfs1.zip just in case.
Checked the paths so I know it points to the sd:/config folder.

Why it do this?

Edit:
I was informed they do not allow full wiitdb any more.
Why do they not allow full wiitdb.zip anymore?
If it takes a while to load up, it takes a while to load up. It's the users choice.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
It's a single download for offline wii's of only 1.3MB.
It's more damaging to have the "update wiitdb" button in the application.

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to install usb loader gx without the use of HBC? cause today i went to my cousin's house, and saw that he had a usb loader gx channel setup on the main screen with no HBC...thought it was kinda weird

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wiimanizer said:
is there a way to install usb loader gx without the use of HBC? cause today i went to my cousin's house, and saw that he had a usb loader gx channel setup on the main screen with no HBC...thought it was kinda weird
yes, he could have used banner bomb to run wadmanager to intall the channel
or use homebrew launcher from SD card in place of HBC
or move HBC to last page
or delete HBC with anytitledeleter
or use hide&seek to hide HBC and run it only from bootmii or preloader
etc.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nollog said:
Why do they not allow full wiitdb.zip anymore?
If it takes a while to load up, it takes a while to load up. It's the users choice.
Because of the limited memory we have. Loading the full file would consume too much memory...

dkmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I wanted to transfer a game from wbfs drive to ntfs. I used simple wbfs manager and it took 1 and a half hour to do that. I chose .wbfs file 4gb. The game was mario kart. Is there any other program to do that faster?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
wiimanizer said:
yes, he could have used banner bomb to run wadmanager to intall the channel
or use homebrew launcher from SD card in place of HBC
or move HBC to last page
or delete HBC with anytitledeleter
etc.

or he could of just used the forwarder channel to boot the dol from the SD/USB, which seems the more viable answer

dkmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yet another problem. After creating an .wbfs file from a game that I had to an wbfs partition I copied it to an ntfs hdd. usb loader sees the game but when launching it it gets black screen. The game plays fine from the wbfs partitioned hdd. Can anyone help. I used Simple WBFS File Manager 2.5. Latest usb loader gx dol and cIOS 38rev14

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
lmao. try this and see. by modifying the TID to make this into a hidden channel, you will piss off HBC. it will show the scam screen every time you start it and i believe even change the pointer to a birdie finger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool