RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TroyTheZombie said:
I seem to be having issues using ocarina codes. Every game I try them with produces a black screen at startup.

I am on the latest revision of usb loader gx, I have tried reformatting my sd card, i have tried deleting the config files. No luck.

Any idea what the issue might be?

What USB device, and SD card are you using?
Homebrew performance varies from SD to SD card, I couldn't even use bootmii without switching SD card.

Also, what cIOS did you install?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TroyTheZombie said:
I seem to be having issues using ocarina codes. Every game I try them with produces a black screen at startup.

I am on the latest revision of usb loader gx, I have tried reformatting my sd card, i have tried deleting the config files. No luck.

Any idea what the issue might be?
could be a bad cheat code had that problem with NSMB would just load black screen until I went through the cheats one by one some combinations of cheats just give black screen

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nah, it happens with every game i try.

they work fine with configurable usbloader, so I know its not the cheats.

and RupeeClock,

A Western digital drive in a velocity casing (works fine, I do use other usb loaders, lol. never had one issue. I also use it for homebrew uses)
A sandisk 2gb, 1gb, kingston 2 gb, pny 2gb, all same results. all formatted properly (panasonic sd formatter, also tried using windows xp to format)

Trust me, I am aware of what works and what doesn't, lol. I've messed with enough homebrew to know this (including compiling usb/sd card forwarding for many HB app channels).

yes, all the above cards work fine with bootmii, and the usb drive works with every homebrew program i throw at it.

I use cIOS rev14 currently, but I have used every other version that has been officially released. (been around for a while)

It is most definitely a usb loader gx related issue. I wouldn't ask unless I was sure and did various testing first.

I was more wondering if it was some odd config setting i was missing, or is usb loader gx is picky as far as the txt file goes, etc etc. something along those lines.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have same issue with TroyTheZombie,

Latest version 843 with ocarina turned on sits there with a black screen, turn off ocarina, game loads OK.

Using a direct channel created with loadstructor with ocarina turn on works fine for same game so codes are OK.

deleted config directory and still same problem on r843

Was working OK on r828

DvZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm using latest rev on my wii system with 4.1 fw, autoboot into GX_usbloader, all my games so far works without any problems.
now i want to start mplayerce 0.75 trough the homebrew browser that's intergrated in GX_usbloader.
When i start Mplayerce i only get a blackscreen, and nothin happens. have to reboot the wii.
When i change my boot to system menu, and start HBC via the system menu and then start mplayerce its working like a charm
does anyone know why mplayerce is not playing directly trough the usblouders hbc?

dev: thx for all the nice work in GX_usbloading

ltdcard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright...please help...

Downloaded the USB loader...moved it to my SD card.
Opened my new HD, a known compatible one (ED Elements 500g), created a 460something partition and a 3gig partition...

plugged in HD
Inserted SD
power on
LAunched HBC
Launched GX loader
as expected it asked me to format a partition...didn't see the 3g one, but had the 460 one so I formatted it.
Installed my store bought Punch Out
Installed successfully
Didn't show up in the list....

Clicked (I believe) the third button from the left (up top) and it dumped....

"Exception DSI occurred"
then error codes for GPR00-31

Stack dump
Code Dump

Hard shutdown
reboot
launch HBC
try to launch the loader and I get the same error...

Dunno what I did but it seems dorked...

Thanks,
DAn

EDIT...

It appears I've killed the drive...none of 3 machines will read it ....FWIW

Edit...
New HD, updated GX....trying a different game...Monster Jam worked...need to review tut to get graphics.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TroyTheZombie said:
It is most definitely a usb loader gx related issue. I wouldn't ask unless I was sure and did various testing first.

I was more wondering if it was some odd config setting i was missing, or is usb loader gx is picky as far as the txt file goes, etc etc. something along those lines.
bosman said:
I have same issue with TroyTheZombie,
TroyTheZombie and Bosman, it is all related to the memory usage of USB Loader GX. We are working very hard to try and find a good solution to this problem, but know that we are aware of this issue.

ConJ said:
So, ive only just realised this, but does USBLoader GX allow you to boot disc games with ocarina?
Yes, it should. But read my response above...

QUOTE(DvZ @ Nov 27 2009, 12:50 PM)
When i start Mplayerce i only get a blackscreen, and nothin happens. have to reboot the wii.
This also is memory related. USB Loader GX uses a large amount of memory in the MEM1 area, the same area which is used for Ocarina and Homebrew loading.

qubonepl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
EeZeEpEe said:
3DPiper said:
You might have conflicts with your config files. Back them up just in case (So you can try to put them back) and then try deleting those.

Are those the files in the SD:\config folder?

-Matthew
Yup. I can't check right now but I think there are three files with GX.
Yes that files made this problem. When I delet them everything goes OK. Thank You EeZeEpEe

EnioMarcos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
EnioMarcos said:
Same issue with revision 842. If I click select, it displays a list box with the only one
FAT partition. After selection, code dump.

Partition not found Image

download.php

Select Image

download.php

Code Dump Image

download.php

I tried to delete all configuration files and leave only the GXConfig.cfg with the line "cios = 1".

Still, it did not work with the latest release.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
r-win said:
TroyTheZombie and Bosman, it is all related to the memory usage of USB Loader GX. We are working very hard to try and find a good solution to this problem, but know that we are aware of this issue.

Ah, I figured as much. Alright, thank you for the reply. Good luck with fixing the issue.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TroyTheZombie said:
r-win said:

Ah, I figured as much. Alright, thank you for the reply. Good luck with fixing the issue.

Thanks for the response r-win.

I have 2 games with ocarina on, SMB and NSMB's, but I have created channels on the system menu via loadstructor so gx not working is never really an issue for me.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
EnioMarcos said:
EnioMarcos said:
Same issue with revision 842. If I click select, it displays a list box with the only one
FAT partition. After selection, code dump.

I tried to delete all configuration files and leave only the GXConfig.cfg with the line "cios = 1".

Still, it did not work with the latest release.
You seem to get a codedump on a mkdir statement. The only mkdir I can imagine, is creating the /wbfs directory.
Can you try two things for us here?
1. Is this configuration supported by Configurable USB Loader
2. Can you test this with a smaller partition size? The max size I tested is 500 GB.

EnioMarcos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
r-win said:
You seem to get a codedump on a mkdir statement. The only mkdir I can imagine, is creating the /wbfs directory.
Can you try two things for us here?
1. Is this configuration supported by Configurable USB Loader
2. Can you test this with a smaller partition size? The max size I tested is 500 GB.

1. Yes. Before converting to FAT, I used WBFS with USBLoader GX.
When converted all to FAT, I started to use the USBLoader Configurable, hoping that the GX could also use FAT..

I test each release of GX but has not succeeded.

I would like to continue using both, GX and Configurable.

Everything works perfectly with USBLoader Configurable. Without any problem.

2 - I'm sorry, I have not another HD to test with smaller partition. I using only one, with 1.5TB.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
EnioMarcos said:
1. Yes. Before converting to FAT, I used WBFS with USBLoader GX.
When converted all to FAT, I started to use the USBLoader Configurable, hoping that the GX could also use FAT..
Well, the fun part is that both USB Loader GX and USBLoader Configurable use the same sources for FAT support. The nasty part is (from my point of view of course) that USBLoader Config does a better job at it... :|

I will try to look into it, but I am not sure I will find anything...

RavRob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
r-win said:
RavRob said:
Where can I find a list of compatible drives? My buddy is having problems. Here is what is going on.

He is using usb loader gx (updated to the latest version 841). Using a WD my passport essential (320 GB) and it works great normally. I was just wondering if you know of any issues or limits though. He has about 174 GB still free on the drive,and only 56 games on it and it works perfect! only prob is if he adds one more game (and that's any game, none specific) he gets a code dump error when reading the drive. I have tried many variances and also loaded the game w/o the drive via WBFS Manager and same thing. So i know for sure its having to do with the hd after adding any one game. Any suggestions/ideas?? thanks in advance.
RavRob, it's not a problem with the drive, but with revision 841. Let him update again, to 843.

In fact, let me explain this in more detail: since 841 a new feature is to mark new games, if they've never been played. Since you install a new game, it should be marked. Before doing so, rev 841 will request the amount of times played, but it will not check if the statistics for that game are actually available. Since those statistics will not be available (you've just installed the game!), it'll request nothing, but uses that in the calculation. There is your crash...

Thanks R-Win

That did the trick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: