• Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I have posted this issue in USB LOADER GX Google issue web center, I will appreciate too some comments from this forum :

This is probably not related directly to USB LOADER GX (WIIFLOW has also the same problem) but it might be related to HERMES CIOS 222.

Basically when GUITAR HERO 5 is played from a USB LOADER (and from a Hard disk) it doesn't manage properly the storage of the imported music to the SD card :

Imported musics are stored both in WII memory and SD card (instead of SD card only)
Imported musics cannot be removed from WII memory (a mess as one music takes 200 blocs !)

It shall be also noted that if an original HERO 5 disc is used to import musics to the SD card, these musics are not seen as imported when the game is played from USB LOADER GX (or WIIFLOW).

My configuration is the following one :

CIOS 38 Rev 14 and CIOS HERMES 202,222 (38 merged with 37), 223 (38 merged with 60).
Same problem with CIOS rev 15.
WII firmware has been updated from 3.2e to 4.1e with Pimp My WII 1.31

Any idea would be highly appreciated ..

Regards

Olivier

giorgosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
tj_cool said:
giorgosh said:
Exactly! Had not searched all settings.. I enabled and it runs like a charm.. If only i could run my iso's on my old Toshiba USB Drive but did not find it in the supported ones
frown.gif
Did you try the drive?
Just because its not in the list doesn't mean it doesn't work

It was not acessible frm Wii..
frown.gif

teusjuh

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello everybody

can someone please tell me what is the latest version??
i have found r815.wad is that the latest?? if it is not the latest version can i update it with wifi to the latest build??

-sorry if my english is bad
wacko.gif

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OlivierTheBest said:
Basically when GUITAR HERO 5 is played from a USB LOADER (and from a Hard disk) it doesn't manage properly the storage of the imported music to the SD card :
the type of encryption the cios uses is different than the type of encryption the disc ios uses - a song purchased via loader will not work when played through the disc, and a song purchased through the disc will not work when played via the loader.

c'est la vie.

QUOTE(teusjuh @ Nov 14 2009, 06:23 PM) hello everybody

can someone please tell me what is the latest version??
i have found r815.wad is that the latest?? if it is not the latest version can i update it with wifi to the latest build??
http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/downloads/list

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for this explanation,

QUOTE said:
the type of encryption the cios uses is different than the type of encryption the disc ios uses - a song purchased via loader will not work when played through the disc, and a song purchased through the disc will not work when played via the loader.

c'est la vie.

Does it explains too why songs purchased with USB LOADER are stored on WII memory and cannot be removed ?

Do you think it is possible posiible to re-encrypt these songs with a PC to solve tyhis issue ?

Regards

Olivier

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mousex said:
starstremr said:
OK curious do you think this thing would work to have

your pc hook up to the same HD as the wii and have it automatically switch back and forth?

http://www.lindy-usa.com/usb-switch-usb-2-...port/42902.html
Should work. You can also save the money and build one yourself. A simple 4 wire switch is enough for USB. Cost: about 1€ and 5minutes time

Yeah but i want an automatic one that will switch with out having to do it manually

derrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hi all, this is a great thread. cheers for it.

Finally got the NSMB running via usb loader using the supplied dol(r827) and a unpatched iso.

Specs are as follows:

Wii Pal 3.2E
Wiikey 1.9

I got a few questions and am hoping someone can enlighten me:

1) I have downloaded USB Loader GX V 1.0.rar but used the dol to get NSMB running, is the above dol more current? how do I check what version my dol is (apart from the initial copy into the sd card)

2) SD card, is there a way to install the usb loader into the channel or the wii's hdd? I notice I have to have everything on the sd card (under apps) to run stuff under HBC. Would the forwarder+channel in the first page fix this?

3) in the readMii.txt,
The USB loader can load images and other info of the same usb device as where the games are stored on. To be able to use this function, you will need to make two partitions on the USB device. The partition for the images should have enough with 2GB. You can also make more partitions for other purposes.

I made 2 partitions, the first one being in FAT, and the 2nd in WBFS via the WBFS manager. How do I use the image partition? I managed to download 3d covers/ disc covers, etc but I dont see them in the 2GB Fat partition, am I doing anything wrong? I mean, after I downloaded them off wifi, I can see them in the loader channel, what is this partiton used for then?

4) atm, I am installing games via disc, as well as using the manager. I can see images and such in the manager, but they dont get ported over to the usbloader even when i specify the image partition.

5) Noticed a channel maker in the WBFS manager, does that create a channel that loads the game off the usbloader/hdd?

Thank you for your time.

Cheers.

D

P.S Great work guys, been away from the wii scene for a bit, heard all the great things about it, finally found some time to meddle with it, and it blew me away. Pretty forlorn at the start, information overload, but managed to get it running and such.. just some smaller issues to iron out.

kizer8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody get Bass Pro Shops: The Strike to work with this loader? When I select to play it, it just reboots back to the Wii System Menu. How do I get this to work?

Thanks.

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Super Mario Sluggers help needed...
I am using this loader a long time (early adopter
smile.gif
) and one of the games my son is playing is Super Mario Slugger.
My son told me today the game is no working anymore.
The games starts, you here the sound and it reacts to the wiimote. But the screen is scrambled with white rolling lines.

I can not seems the game to be running. Can someone tell me the right settings?

Thanks !!!!

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also posted this under a different topic before realizing it was a nearly dormant thread...hope i included all relevant information. usually when i have an issue/question, i can find my answer in the forums without having to post, but this one is different...

i'm having an issue with my HDD and wondering if it's anything anyone has seen before. at first i thought it was a spindown thing, but now i'm thinking otherwise. it seems that if the drive is on too long (~1-3 hours), it'll start noisily (frantically?) seeking when idle. when it happens, i can audibly hear it and the system freezes the next time it would try accessing data from the drive requiring a five second hold of the power button to shut the system down. because the drive can be 'heard' seeking, i don't think it's spin-down and i know when it'll freeze before it happens.... the seek noise has started while playing different games, sitting on the loader menu, or even the system menu after which the system will crash once data access is attempted from the HDD. the noisy seek can happen immediately after accessing data, or it'll be fine for a long period without accessing data--seems completely random. can it be spin-down related if the drive is making noise? ...this has been going on for the several months i've used the USBloaderGX (haven't experimented much with others, but i have tried uLoader), but i don't think GX is the problem.

for example though...on WSResort, i can play through ~30-40 holes of golf before it happens. it only takes a few minutes at most between holes and the drive accesses data between holes, so it shouldn't be a spindown issue. after hearing the noisy seeking, i can finish the hole i'm playing, but know it'll freeze and i'll have to power down the system once i finish the hole. once i can hear the drive behaving that way, there's nothing i can do to get it back without powering down. i do think it's a HDD issue and not so much a system issue, but i'm at a loss as to how to fix it. any suggestions (other than going back to discs)?

my issue sounds similar to the original post http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=150083 except it doesn't seem game specific...

my system:
softmod NTSC running 4.1U
HBC (1.0.6 i think--a version that flips with cIOSCORP)
cIOSCORP v3.2 (except for IOS30 to keep HBC from flipping)
cIOS v15 (also behaved the same for v14)
cIOS222 v4
several preloader hacks enabled (those for back-up disk channel loading)
booting directly to USBloader GX (behaved the same on all versions of GX and i update fairly frequently)
no system menu themes
WDPassport 320GB formatted entirely to WBFS (HDD from WD's refurb site: significant?)...i believe it's SATA, so i can't try the jumper configuration...not that i want to even attempt to open if i don't need to.
games loaded with WBFS Manager 3.0

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tj_cool said:
slingshot27 said:
tj_cool said:
bnm81002 said:
will this loader have FAT32 partition capability like the Configurable Loader does?
yes, very soon
there is a demo somewhere already
What is wrong with wbfs?
who said wbfs won't be supported anymore?
wink2.gif
I do not. But ehy is the fat support so hot ?

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
slingshot27 said:
tj_cool said:
bnm81002 said:
will this loader have FAT32 partition capability like the Configurable Loader does?
yes, very soon
there is a demo somewhere already
What is wrong with wbfs?
who said wbfs won't be supported anymore?
wink2.gif

nothing wrong with best of BOTH worlds I say
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: @AdenTheThird I dont know anyone else that has seen Greasy Strangler. haha. Cheers!