Malypso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mirkec23 said:
Hi,
I have a potential (or misunderstanding ) problem with the partitions on the HDD.
I made three partitions on my WD My Book Essential 1TB in this order:
1. W: WBFS partition (500GB) - primary and active;
2. U: FAT32 partition (20 GB);
3. T: NTSC partition (480) for PC use.
So I divided extended partition into two logical drives (U: i T: ). Everything working fine with WBFS manager 3.0 and USB Loader GX but I didn't try to deal with covers and images from HDD. I read in official READmii that HDD can be used instead SD card.
I am little confused because I don't know how to achieve to set FAT32 partition as first and wbfs partition second if wbfs partition must be primary and active!?
Can I expect properly work with my HDD setup?
Thanks in advance for your reply!

Hello,

I use the HDD for my images and I have 2 partitions on my HDD. Not sure if the WBFS has to be 2nd, bit if it does, then just create it's partition 2nd. and the other partition 1st.
Format the 2nd partition as a WBFS and all will be fine.
You just need to set the folders the the loader as USB: instead of SD:

Cheers

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malypso said:
dvd-guy said:
Isn't rev14 suppose to fix the restart issue? How can I test if it works? I keep getting a restart issue with Ghostbusters.

Not sure, but I have had an issue with this and all I had to do is reinstall the game to my HDD and the games worked fine from then on.
It used to do this for a few games and after reinstall, no more issues.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
I've reinstall the game many times from different sources. The one I'm using now plays when WM+ is not installed on the remote and only if I startup my Wii from an off state. If I reset the game and try to play it again, it just freezes at the controller strap screen. Anyway to bypass that?

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Malypso said:
Mirkec23 said:
Hi,
I have a potential (or misunderstanding ) problem with the partitions on the HDD.
I made three partitions on my WD My Book Essential 1TB in this order:
1. W: WBFS partition (500GB) - primary and active;
2. U: FAT32 partition (20 GB);
3. T: NTSC partition (480) for PC use.
So I divided extended partition into two logical drives (U: i T: ). Everything working fine with WBFS manager 3.0 and USB Loader GX but I didn't try to deal with covers and images from HDD. I read in official READmii that HDD can be used instead SD card.
I am little confused because I don't know how to achieve to set FAT32 partition as first and wbfs partition second if wbfs partition must be primary and active!?
Can I expect properly work with my HDD setup?
Thanks in advance for your reply!

Hello,

I use the HDD for my images and I have 2 partitions on my HDD. Not sure if the WBFS has to be 2nd, bit if it does, then just create it's partition 2nd. and the other partition 1st.

Cheers

My first partition is the WBFS partition. The second is FAT32 where runs al my homebrew from, USBLoader GX also. The images and so on are also on the AT32 partition. Be sure too have set the partition to active!

Mirkec23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
slingshot27 said:
Malypso said:
Hello,

Cheers
My first partition is the WBFS partition. The second is FAT32 where runs al my homebrew from, USBLoader GX also. The images and so on are also on the AT32 partition. Be sure too have set the partition to active!
So, almost everything is OK with my setup, just need to set FAT32 partition as active instead WBFS partition!?
I want to keep for now NTSF partition for PC use.

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mirkec23 said:
slingshot27 said:
Malypso said:
Hello,

Cheers
So, almost everything is OK with my setup, just need to set FAT32 partition as active instead WBFS partition!?
I want to keep for now NTSF partition for PC use.
both active and wbfs primary

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dvd-guy said:
Isn't rev14 suppose to fix the restart issue? How can I test if it works? I keep getting a restart issue with Ghostbusters.
I have read some people had to use the block ios reload to get Ghostbusters to work and with ios reload blocked it block's the all ios from loading even preloader or wii system menu. I would go in to the game settings and turn off the block ios reload and see if Ghostbusters still works, if not you may have this problem till all wii's works like mine. I hope this helps.

Mirkec23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Mirkec23 said:
Thanks guys!
I didn't know that two (both - FAT32 and WBFS) partitions can be set as active.
Thanks again!

But how?!?
In Windowsk Disc Management I haven't option to set FAT32 partition as active together with WBFS.
Sorry if bothering.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Royusmc said:
dvd-guy said:
I have read some people had to use the block ios reload to get Ghostbusters to work and with ios reload blocked it block's the all ios from loading even preloader or wii system menu. I would go in to the game settings and turn off the block ios reload and see if Ghostbusters still works, if not you may have this problem till all wii's works like mine. I hope this helps.

yes rev 14 has the reset fix(play games one after another without needing to hard rest the wii)

if you select "BLOCK IOS RELOAD" for any game no matter what Wii sysmenu you have it WONT reload to anything BECAUSE youve told the cIOS in use NOT to reload ANY IOS requests so you must select "RESET" instead of "WII MENU" in the HOME MENU to get back to the sysmenu but as i said THIS is ONLY needed by games that require you to activate "BLOCK IOS RELOAD"

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Mirkec23 said:
Mirkec23 said:
Thanks guys!
I didn't know that two (both - FAT32 and WBFS) partitions can be set as active.
Thanks again!

But how?!?
In Windowsk Disc Management I haven't option to set FAT32 partition as active together with WBFS.
Sorry if bothering.

because you cant, you can only have one "Active"(first partition detected i think) partition at a time but multiple "Primary" partition

Mirkec23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
pepxl said:
because you cant, you can only have one "Active"(first partition detected i think) partition at a time but multiple "Primary" partition
Please can you link me on some tutorial how to set all this. I need one WBFS, one FAT32 and one NTSF partition on my HDD. My setting at this moment I describe in post nr. 10875.
I'm very confused now!

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Mirkec23 said:
pepxl said:
Please can you link me on some tutorial how to set all this. I need one WBFS, one FAT32 and one NTSF partition on my HDD. My setting at this moment I describe in post nr. 10875.
I'm very confused now!

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-6...e&sa=Search

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showtopic=153138

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146191

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149...t&p=2085738

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
Royusmc said:
dvd-guy said:

yes rev 14 has the reset fix(play games one after another without needing to hard rest the wii)

if you select "BLOCK IOS RELOAD" for any game no matter what Wii sysmenu you have it WONT reload to anything BECAUSE youve told the cIOS in use NOT to reload ANY IOS requests so you must select "RESET" instead of "WII MENU" in the HOME MENU to get back to the sysmenu but as i said THIS is ONLY needed by games that require you to activate "BLOCK IOS RELOAD"
I actually don't use the block IOS reload feature. It's strange, because the game works the first time, but if I choose reset after getting to the main menu, it won't run a second time. Another thing I've tried is selecting the game, clicking on settings, choosing game load and just reviewing my settings, pressing cancel, then trying to run it by clicking on the disc results in the same freeze. If i load it without checking the settings, it works (first time only). This is really frustrating as it seems like an issue with the loader and not my Wii. If it plays once, why wouldn't it play a second time?

Malypso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dvd-guy said:
pepxl said:
Royusmc said:
dvd-guy said:

I actually don't use the block IOS reload feature. It's strange, because the game works the first time, but if I choose reset after getting to the main menu, it won't run a second time. Another thing I've tried is selecting the game, clicking on settings, choosing game load and just reviewing my settings, pressing cancel, then trying to run it by clicking on the disc results in the same freeze. If i load it without checking the settings, it works (first time only). This is really frustrating as it seems like an issue with the loader and not my Wii. If it plays once, why wouldn't it play a second time?

Hey DVD-Guy,

Are you saying that you have launched the game once and played and now you try to relaunch it and it doesn't work?
If yes, I've had that happen to me when I played Deadly Creatures. I upgraded all my IOS and now it works no issues.

Maybe you have an older version of an IOS?

Just thought I'd share my experience.

Cheers.

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just wanted to report a bug in path saving with theme dirs with "." in the path. tried the latest rev
themes fail to load because path is saved truncated.

workaround is to edit the cfg by hand and don't change themes from ui.
possibly a bug will all paths saving.

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malypso said:
dvd-guy said:
pepxl said:
Royusmc said:
dvd-guy said:

Hey DVD-Guy,

Are you saying that you have launched the game once and played and now you try to relaunch it and it doesn't work?
If yes, I've had that happen to me when I played Deadly Creatures. I upgraded all my IOS and now it works no issues.

Maybe you have an older version of an IOS?

Just thought I'd share my experience.

Cheers.
Yes, it launches the first time I startup my Wii, but when I choose Reset or Wii Menu from the Home button menu, and then try to relaunch the game, it freezes at the wrist strap screen. It only works if I launch the game from a powered off state. I thought it might be the IOS, so I used unCORP which is suppose to download all the latest IOS and patch only 36/60.

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could anyone explain how the wiidb.zip works? (The feature where you press 2 when highlighting a game).

Anytime I try it the box is blank. Do I need to add a file myself? I am connected to WiFi.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bug that needs working on. The title channel menu is not showing all the titles. It showed zelda for nes once but then went away. Also when in grid view ever sence the new grid view with only the need to change one group of code instead of 3, I have found that when you move the list to the left or right it blinks on the top of the list. But thank you for making this work with the new devketpro.

wiileet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have 18 games on my harddrive and they all work fine using usbloader gx, i put 3 more games on last night and none work, i just get a black screen, they work off the backed up disc but not off usbloader gx. the games in question are fifa 09, fifa 10 and pro evo 2009.

any ideas why its doing this.

wiileet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
leavemealone347 said:
Could anyone explain how the wiidb.zip works? (The feature where you press 2 when highlighting a game).

Anytime I try it the box is blank. Do I need to add a file myself? I am connected to WiFi.

if you are on wifi, when you press A over a blank game cover it will give you an option are normal covers, 3d covers and disc covers. i recommend the 3d covers and the disc covers. click on one of these and it will update all the covers you do not have. sometimes it may not load a cover, if this happens just go to http://www.wiitdb.com/ , find the cover you want and put it in your memory card, you may needd to create a folder if there isnt already one and name it images, then the game covers wil automatically load when you go on usbloader gx, hope this helps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...