Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.coastalwebinnovations.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I was going to pick up a portable external HD and mess around with this thing tonight. I had a question that hopefully someone can answer for me. They have portable HD that don't use AC adapters, and draw their power via the USB port (here's an example: http://tinyurl.com/yc3wa6w ). Would one of these work with the usb loader? l'd like avoid plugging in yet another thing into my already overloaded power strip if possible.

Also while researching the external HD's l found this great deal at tiger direct if anyone is looking for more space. Here's a 1TB external HD for 90 bucks, you can't beat that (can you?): http://tinyurl.com/ye2ok4v

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jspicher said:
Hi guys,

I was going to pick up a portable external HD and mess around with this thing tonight. I had a question that hopefully someone can answer for me. They have portable HD that don't use AC adapters, and draw their power via the USB port (here's an example: http://tinyurl.com/yc3wa6w ). Would one of these work with the usb loader? l'd like avoid plugging in yet another thing into my already overloaded power strip if possible.

Also while researching the external HD's l found this great deal at tiger direct if anyone is looking for more space. Here's a 1TB external HD for 90 bucks, you can't beat that (can you?): http://tinyurl.com/ye2ok4v

Can't really offer any input on the drive you linked to, but the wii supplies plenty of power via USB and should have no issue powering a portable HDD.

jspicher

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Can't really offer any input on the drive you linked to, but the wii supplies plenty of power via USB and should have no issue powering a portable HDD.

Hi Oldboy, thanks for your input. I'm sure the wii wouldn't have any trouble at all powering it; however the USB powered external HDs are considerably slower at data transfer because of this.... For instance my example exernal USB Powered HD gets transfer speeds up to 480 Mbps max; is that enough to play the wii games, or would it be too slow?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jspicher said:
QUOTE said:

Hi Oldboy, thanks for your input. I'm sure the wii wouldn't have any trouble at all powering it; however the USB powered external HDs are considerably slower at data transfer because of this.... For instance my example exernal USB Powered HD gets transfer speeds up to 480 Mbps max; is that enough to play the wii games, or would it be too slow?

You should be fine

rdstang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all I got everything working great through HBC but for some unknown reason and I tried looking through forums for help on this but I can't seem to get the fowarder for USB loader to work since the new HBC update I tried setting it to a different path in the config but still nothing ... even tried the channel but that did the same thing just crashes to a black screen and wiimote shuts off . Any ideas ? .....P.S I am on 4.0u

rdstang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did that along with installing channel again to I dont know its weird everything is updated and installed IOS's and cIOS's that i needed so I dont know I will try again tomorrow and reinstal forwader again

jspicher

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, l've got a ton of backup discs that l'm installing onto my external HD slowly but surely. If l use WBFS Manager to install the games on my external HD is it any faster than using the installer on my WII, otherwise this is going to take a millennium ...
biggrin.gif

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I ask how to change the location of the searchicon coords. I tryed searchIcon_coords = -177,360 but the search icon did not move. Also I am still having problems with the keyboard typing what I have not typed. I will try to find more info on this. Thanks.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
lithium210 said:
does anyone know the theme settings (x,y) to adjust the dvd icon that was just added in? thx!
I used dvd_coords = and it works.

cool thx, ill try that!

Posts merged

QUOTE(Royusmc @ Oct 2 2009, 03:29 AM)
May I ask how to change the location of the searchicon coords. I tryed searchIcon_coords = -177,360 but the search icon did not move. Also I am still having problems with the keyboard typing what I have not typed. I will try to find more info on this. Thanks.

i call help you on that. i used this:

#[SEARCH]
gamelist_search_coords = 238, 24
gamegrid_search_coords = 238, 24
gamecarousel_search_coords = 238, 24

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jspicher said:
Hey guys, l've got a ton of backup discs that l'm installing onto my external HD slowly but surely. If l use WBFS Manager to install the games on my external HD is it any faster than using the installer on my WII, otherwise this is going to take a millennium ...
biggrin.gif
Yes it's faster as your computers DVD drive can read the disc at full speed (16x I guess) and the Wii (if you don't have a modchip only at 3x), so it will be 5 times faster. Note that this only works for backup discs (DVD-/+R) and not original discs as they cannot be read by a DVD drive.

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
rdstang said:
hey all I got everything working great through HBC but for some unknown reason and I tried looking through forums for help on this but I can't seem to get the fowarder for USB loader to work since the new HBC update I tried setting it to a different path in the config but still nothing ... even tried the channel but that did the same thing just crashes to a black screen and wiimote shuts off . Any ideas ? .....P.S I am on 4.0u

this is really weird, since the HBC update has nothing to do with how the forwarder works...
the forwarder is a channel, which comes in a WAD that you install using wadmanager, which tells the wii to start the application located @ sdroot\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol
it only goes black if that app isn't at that location... so check your SD directory structure...
EDIT: see, no where does the forwarder or the app consider HBC... as far as they care, it doesn't exist...

the problem with the channel returning a black screen could be because you don't have the correct cIOS installed? you have everything updated to the latest?

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked but couldn't find an answer: When launching a retail game on DVD does it load it with the cIOS (222 for example) or will it use the standard IOS. The reason I ask is that about the only game I play off original disc is RB2 due to the DLC via SD not working when running from USB (I believe it is a limitation of the cIOS) if the the game loads via DVD with a cIOS I assume I will still have this issue, also since I have a modchip (Drive key) I would like all my DVD games to be launched via standard IOSes since I should have no issue with compatibility, basically that is the only reason I boot to the SM, to load games off DVD.

rdstang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Arendo yes I think I have the right cIOS and latest revision of usb loader gx . I went into credits on it and it says Rev773 IOS249 (Rev14) I thought this was latest maybe I am wrong wouldnt be the first time lol ....also I am under system menu 4.0u out of the box from nintendo Sorry one more thing I forgot to mention I used this guide to install everything http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/109-store...tem-menu-4.html Now the only problem I had which could be the under lying probelm not sure though is that in the directions it says to •Run the WAD Manager 1.4 from the Homebrew Channel and use it to install CIOSv7.wad. NOTE: Make sure to set the WAD Manager to use IOS35! This I couldnt due cause everytime I set it to IOS35 it would freeze my Wii up

P.S. I just tested to see if I could get a nes emulator to work through the nes forwader and that went straight to a black screen also but yet the emulator works fine through HBC ... I am soooo lost right now ...... It also just dawned on me this system is a LU71 that might be the problem not sure though as usb loader works so does the emulators I just cant seem to get forwaders to see em on SD

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lithium210 said:
Royusmc said:
lithium210 said:
does anyone know the theme settings (x,y) to adjust the dvd icon that was just added in? thx!

cool thx, ill try that!

Posts merged

#[SEARCH]
Thanks I tryed it but the button did not move. Maybe this will move the keyboard and text in the search box. I don't know but I am trying to move the button only.

seank

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are there any known issues with running Super Mario Galaxy under USB Loader GX?

I get a black screen when trying to start it (NTSC-U game on a NTSC-J console). However funnily enough, it runs and works fine if I use the load from USB option in Neo Gamma. Are there some settings that I need to change or something in USB Loader GX?

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a request, please may I have the install game prompt when disk is put in the wii not to come up when the wii is locked. Next after the seach option was added the keyboad type the first letter you type and some othere symbles, after that the keyboard works great. Next I have tryed every thing in my custom skin to move the search icon and it just will not move, so what do I need to type to get it to work. And finaly can you add a option to disable the hbc option in the home menu when the loader is locked, I like the new hbc but for some reason they have added a delete button that is not safe with kids and that will allow them to remove the emulators because they updates to the same place the hbc can see. I have tryed to do all of this myself with not much luck so any help would be usefull. Thanks.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
lithium210 said:
Royusmc said:
lithium210 said:

cool thx, ill try that!

Posts merged

#[SEARCH]
Thanks I tryed it but the button did not move. Maybe this will move the keyboard and text in the search box. I don't know but I am trying to move the button only.

weird, works for me.

jspicher

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I've got about 25 games installed on my external HD, however the only game l've gotten to actually play is "Defednin' De Penguin", all other games either a.) freeze on a blank/black screen after the health working, or b.) freeze on a blank/black screen as soon as l try to boot them.

I'm using the correct cIOS (rev14) as per the credits screen of my usb loader gx. Any suggestions? I'm stumped.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month...