• Views 7,225,870
  • Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Revision 711 is now available for wifi download via the USB Loader GX update feature. Click on the source list link in my signature to view changes.

fangthorn

Trophies
XP
Country
specialjerm said:
wiistarter said:
specialjerm said:
This doesn't detect my external HD. It's 120 GB, which I'm assuming is too big.

If anything 120GB is too small.....
So any ideas about why my HD isn't found by USB loaders (I've tried a few) but is detected by WBFS Manager?
A little more information about your drive may be usefull.
My first attempt was with a Freecom Toughdrive which failed.
My second attempt was with an old 2nd hand 80GB 3.5" drive taken from a dead PC and put into a USB Caddy and this worked like a charm.
My guess is that the Toughdrive failed because it was getting insufficient power from the Wii's USB port, whereas the 3.5" drive's caddy had it's own power supply.
Maybe this is your problem?

lincruste

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Are you sure you installed a cIOS? I had a black screen issue with USB Loader GX with my WD Passeport Essential as I did not properly installed cIOS rev 10 on my Wii.

awe999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got this installed and it's working. All of my custom paths (images, cover, etc) says SD:\XX. How do I change the location from SD to USB? I'd like to store everything on the usb without needing to have SD card. I tried editing it and wii crashes.

I used Windows to create partitions and used WBFS to format it.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just compiled R713 to update the readmii
If someone needs it now, post here and i'll upload it
smile.gif

Else wait for Logan

timebandit

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When updating to r711 via the update all function I got dump codes after update.

After rebooting Wii it seems to work as it should.
Also the dissapearing cursor seems to be back. After downloading some covers in USB Loader GX the cursor dissapeared. It came back after reloading the USB Loader.

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fangthorn said:
specialjerm said:
wiistarter said:
specialjerm said:

So any ideas about why my HD isn't found by USB loaders (I've tried a few) but is detected by WBFS Manager?
My second attempt was with an old 2nd hand 80GB 3.5" drive taken from a dead PC and put into a USB Caddy and this worked like a charm.
My guess is that the Toughdrive failed because it was getting insufficient power from the Wii's USB port, whereas the 3.5" drive's caddy had it's own power supply.
My hard drive was detected when I used the .dol version of USB Loader GX 1.0. It stopped being detected when I installed cIOS 223 so I could play Monster Hunter 3. I have no idea why it stopped working or why installing cIOS 223 seems to have stopped it from working.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm back to issues with Ocarina again. All games load to a black screen or code dump with Ocarina enabled & SSBB doesn't even work anymore when Ocarina is enabled. Even if there are no cheats, it black screens/code dumps if enabled.

What the heck is going on, hasn't this been a problem for many people for a while now? Why don't the devs use the latest Gecko source? And why not just get rid of Ocarina support altogether if it can't work correctly?

It seems it's been enough time & revisions that some of these things should be fixed instead of adding all the new crap that's been added.

DocNsanE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
awe999 said:
I just got this installed and it's working. All of my custom paths (images, cover, etc) says SD:\XX. How do I change the location from SD to USB? I'd like to store everything on the usb without needing to have SD card. I tried editing it and wii crashes.

I used Windows to create partitions and used WBFS to format it.

What partitions did you create? I'm running everything off the SD myself but from what I remember, you need to have a fat32 partition first and then the wbfs partition. Don't forget to set them as active as well. Once that's done, the loader should be able to work with your USB drive instead of off the SD card.

DocNsanE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shadowtroop said:
And how do I add background music?

From the ReadMii:

QUOTESD:/config/backgroundmusic/
This is the default folder for custom background music.

[...]

Background music --- You can chose custom BG music to be heard in the application here. Click the path at the top to change it. Format is OGG. Keep in mind that bigger songs will result in decreased memory available for other functions. It is possible to completely crash the loader with big files. Try to keep it

wiiR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
specialjerm said:
fangthorn said:
specialjerm said:
wiistarter said:
specialjerm said:

My hard drive was detected when I used the .dol version of USB Loader GX 1.0. It stopped being detected when I installed cIOS 223 so I could play Monster Hunter 3. I have no idea why it stopped working or why installing cIOS 223 seems to have stopped it from working.

Try just switching to the other usb port on your wii when it fails to detect your drive after an update !! helpt me twice already

If you know the wii accepts your casing but wont detect or format your drive after upgrading your disk. Then you can try and look at the drive with a program like partition magic. On some drives the is a smal unalocated partistion at the beginning of the drive. the usb loaders dont like that (at least mine didnot) after removing that patistion it should work.
tongue.gif
hope that helpes

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Revision 713 is now available for wifi download via the USB Loader GX update feature. Click on the source list link in my signature to view changes.

fangthorn

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe I'm being stupid, but I have trawled through all the obvious places and not found an answer so I'll ask here.
Let me firstly say, before I get flamed, that I'm aware that the server is not updated with every new release, so I don't expect my version to be the latest when using the built in updater.
However, my version is shown as rev688c IOS249 (rev14)
Selecting update simply tells me: "No New Updates"
I was expecting something slightly more up-todate.
Is there a config file I need to check or clear out?
Thanks

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
it depends on if your using a channel or the forwarder +.dol to what versions are available

by the looks of it your using the channel (668c) in which it isnt really updated as much as the .dol is

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P