• Views 7,225,346
  • Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

Roderick Ras

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I put my USB in the wii and startup the loader. It says that there is no partition folder. So I clicked Format. Then I had to choose a partition. But on all partition it says 'Can't be formatted' or something. Then I chose a random partition. It said that it was succesfully formatted. I click ok and the code dump appears.

xboxrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roderick Ras said:
Well, I put my USB in the wii and startup the loader. It says that there is no partition folder. So I clicked Format. Then I had to choose a partition. But on all partition it says 'Can't be formatted' or something. Then I chose a random partition. It said that it was succesfully formatted. I click ok and the code dump appears.

It is suggested you use WBFS to format and install games onto your drive. (unless of course you are copying direct from DVD) then use WBFS to format, connect and dump. From the Readmii http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/WBFS_Managers Take note if you are trying to do a multi-partition drive there is an order that must be followed.

excerpt from ReadMii
If you make multiple partitions, the First partition must be the one for image (meaning pictures of game covers and DVD's)... and the second one for WBFS (for Wii games)> I do not do 2 parts myself, I'm a full WBFS user at this point, but if I recall the "image/picutre" partition must be FAT32

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
0ld8oy said:
marinos35 said:
marinos35 said:
0ld8oy said:
marinos35 said:
I just installed Hermes rev3 (cios36->222) and didn't work for me with SSBB (black screen). The same installation with rev2 was working fine for me except it was slow at the booting.

Working fine for me marinos. I installed as 37 merge 36 if that helps and deleted my previous installation with ATD before installing rev3.
I also tried 37 merge 36->223 which hd the same problems for me. I shouldn't need to use ATD. Anyway I'll ty later to reinstall rev2 36 as 222 and rev3 36 as 223 and I'll compare them again. Too bad that SSBB doesn't work well with cIOSv14.
I got SSBB working with rev2 222 based on 36 with 002 on (didn't try any other 002 option)
But that setting didn't work with rev3. Apparently rev3 wanted 002 anti (but still haven't tried off) to work and it seemed a little slower at the load than rev2.

hmmm...I tried it again after we spoke on IRC yesterday and it loaded fine and played through the opening video fine.
but that's also, with the install as 222 - 37 merge 36. that install also made a difference for me with The Conduit. I tried first with 222 installed as 36 and had issues. i then tried 222 installed as 37 merge 36 and it played perfectly smooth. So now I have 222 as 37 merge 36 and 223 as 38 merge 36.
OK
I tried Hermes 1.6 cios (rev2) based on 36 without 002 fix and again black screen, while the Hermes 2.6 cios (rev3) works with 002 fix off.

So, for those out there with Waninkoko's cIOS v14 that want to play Super Smash Bros Brawl DVD:DL version (the complete one) should use Hermes rev3 based on 36 and with 002 fix off. That had the best loading performance.
Note that Waninkoko's rev14 allows to load the game but has a little random crashes.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@marinos,

Are you able to get Ocarina working with the full version of SSBB using Hermes 2.6? I am trying to use ONLY the unlock all characters cheat and I either get a code dump or load to black screen.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ D34DL1N3R

I have just tried SSB (PAL DVD5) with ocarina using r709 and hermes 2.6 ios 222. I have a very short code textfile (only infinite lives in classic mode and the unlock codes) and I can confirm the unlock all characters cheat as working for me, as well as all the others.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
@marinos,

Are you able to get Ocarina working with the full version of SSBB using Hermes 2.6? I am trying to use ONLY the unlock all characters cheat and I either get a code dump or load to black screen.QUOTE(nikeymikey @ Aug 8 2009, 12:18 PM) @ D34DL1N3R

I have just tried SSB (PAL DVD5) with ocarina using r709 and hermes 2.6 ios 222. I have a very short code textfile (only infinite lives in classic mode and the unlock codes) and I can confirm the unlock all characters cheat as working for me, as well as all the others.
Unlocking all characters can be done also through story mode, takes just a few hours, so there is no code needed
tongue.gif

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh... yeah, but my kids are visiting for a week & my son requested it.

I did get it working but I've never used cheats b4 & I found the GX settings to be odd. I had to have ocarina turned on in the game settings AND in the global settings for it to work. Now I have to change the game settings for every other title I have on the drive so it doesn't keep telling me there was no codes found. And how come when I turn a cheat on, go back, then go back into the cheat on/off menu - it's always turned off again? Also, I'm not sure which file I have is the one that's actually working, the .txt file or the .gct file.

TjW1072

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swespy said:
I don´t get those Controller battery icons on my version of USB loader GX
gbasp.gif
:
I have updated to latest
unsure.gif

I haven't checked yet but I'm sure they appear when you press the home button on your controller

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Swespy said:
gbasp.gif
:
I have updated to latest
unsure.gif

if you are referring to the screenshot on the first page of the thread, i think that's the ui from a very old build.
QUOTE(Bninja1v @ Aug 8 2009, 10:08 AM) Does anyone know how to play Naruto clash of ninja revolution off of usb loader gx?
just like you play any other game - are you experiencing an error? provide a little more info - region, rev, build #.

Bninja1v

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
Swespy said:
gbasp.gif
:
I have updated to latest
unsure.gif

if you are referring to the screenshot on the first page of the thread, i think that's the ui from a very old build.
QUOTE(Bninja1v @ Aug 8 2009, 10:08 AM) Does anyone know how to play Naruto clash of ninja revolution off of usb loader gx?
just like you play any other game - are you experiencing an error? provide a little more info - region, rev, build #.
I have a NTSC wii runnning waninkoko's cios rev14 with usb loader gx rev 709 and each time I select to load the game the wii remote turns off and the screen stays black.All my other games run great off of my Maxtor one touch 4 500Gb external usb hard drive.hope this is enough info but if anybody knows a solution it would help alot.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bninja1v said:
I have a NTSC wii runnning waninkoko's cios rev14 with usb loader gx rev 709 and each time I select to load the game the wii remote turns off and the screen stays black.All my other games run great off of my Maxtor one touch 4 500Gb external usb hard drive.hope this is enough info but if anybody knows a solution it would help alot.
i have the same setup as you, with the exception of having a seagate free agent 500gb, and that game as well as its sequel run with the default game settings. perhaps you have a bad iso? try reripping the game.

ChiboSempai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any chance of this ever supporting loading backups from SD?

edit: and is there anyway to make it so you can load from different .gct code files?
It could probably be implemented like, in the codes folder on ur sd card if u have a folder by the title of the game (RSBE01 for Brawl), and different gct files in there, ULGX asks you which code file to load, presenting you with options of the file names of the gct files in that folder. this would be a great addition imo.
also on the subject of codes, im sure the new method of loading codes is being made since gecko 1.9 is open source right?

reiichiroh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick/stupid question:

I can't seem to toggle or get 3D box art to appear. When I choose to update cover/disc images it downloads all of them but I don't seem to be able to display anything but 2D.

Any suggestions?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ChiboSempai said:
is there any chance of this ever supporting loading backups from SD?
Possible, but its no priority for the team

edit: and is there anyway to make it so you can load from different .gct code files?
It could probably be implemented like, in the codes folder on ur sd card if u have a folder by the title of the game (RSBE01 for Brawl), and different gct files in there, ULGX asks you which code file to load, presenting you with options of the file names of the gct files in that folder. this would be a great addition imo.
also on the subject of codes, im sure the new method of loading codes is being made since gecko 1.9 is open source right?
Yeah that would be handy, but I think there are other things to work on

QUOTE(reiichiroh @ Aug 9 2009, 07:39 AM) Quick/stupid question:

I can't seem to toggle or get 3D box art to appear. When I choose to update cover/disc images it downloads all of them but I don't seem to be able to display anything but 2D.

Any suggestions?
Delete them all
Then, in the loader press 1 on the main screen and choose 3D covers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUbaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJz