• Views 7,182,945
  • Replies 29,367
  • Likes 48

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
hey, where do i find that in the settings. i searched for it and couldnt find it.

Yes, caching... so that every time you add something new, you need to re-cache. But with a full library, I imagine you won't need to add anything ever. Not my cup of tea and never use it.
But still, browsing through a full library looking for a particular game may proof tedious unless you use the search function every time or use the favorite function.

Reactions: superfoido

Oddx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, caching... so that every time you add something new, you need to re-cache. But with a full library, I imagine you won't need to add anything ever. Not my cup of tea and never use it.
But still, browsing through a full library looking for a particular game may proof tedious unless you use the search function every time or use the favorite function.
In the latest vesion bb released it detects changes and recaches automatically... if you never change things i think in the settings file you can turn that part of the caching off. Header caching is one of those features you dont need until you do and then your happy its there.

Reactions: superfoido

GameLog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey started modding a few days ago and I ran into 2 issues relating to wiiware. 1. I cant seem to get the pokemon mystery dungeon games working, as they crash with japanese text. Priiloader is set to the region free patch, so idk if i am missing a step for getting them to work.

2. My wiiware and VC games on my emunand do not seem to have the channel banner files (they are all blank when you select a game to play as well as in channel mode for displaying the collection) i added them through the "Emunand WAD Manager" in USBloaderGX's settings, so any advice on how i can get the banners to wprk would be great.

jay_nunya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,I am new to the forum group but a long time reader. I am wondering if anyone would be able to help me out regarding usbloadergx and the plug in mod pack (I know it’s older). I’d love to get it working properly as it is a very simple ui for my wife and kids to work around on compared to the wiiflow. I have read the threads on here regarding the mod but none seem to fix my issue. I am doing this on the vwii side of the console as well.

so I have the plug-ins installed and edited to have the magic number correspond with the emulator and mod.dol. The plug in icons shows up and I see the systems in the option. But when I click on one system it loads up all the other systems games as well not filtered out. The other thing I noticed is when I click on a game I know let’s say is a nes game it boots up my sega plug in no matter what game I choose. It seems to boot up the sega side (genplusgx)

Just wondering how I can get this configured so that when I select a nes game it play from the bootdol and runs emulator. But for all my systems. I mean the only way having all games showing up that could be beneficial is if it would choose the proper emulator that corresponds to the game more like click and play and it just choose the emulator to launch game pending on file type and where rom is located.

Anyways any help, tips or insight in to this would be greatly appreciated. I know there is wiiflow app but for my wife and kids the ui on usbloader is so much more simpler and they are already use to it and are not very good with change. looking forward to hearing some of the responses so I can try and get this up and running as it’s been driving me crazy.. 😜 thanks In advance.

Any info is greatly appreciated thanks!

Last edited by jay_nunya,

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
May I ask if it is true that the "Kirby in SD" issue HAS BEEN fixed in the coming release? Will the "Excite Truck in SD" issue also be fixed in the coming release? Thank you.

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a small problem with USB loader GX. My Wii U is set to 16:9 aspect ratio and I use it on a 16:9 TV flatscreen but when I boot it in vWii I use it on a 4:3 TV CRT for nostalgic purposes.

I manually set USBlgx to boot games forcing 4:3 and it works well, overriding system settings. But it doesn't work with certain games, for example the wii sports+wii sports resort pack. It's one of those games where you're immediately asked which one do you want to play, and on the selection screen the aspect ratio is the one I set in USBlgx, but on the next screen is reverted back to the system one.

This also happens in every game if you reset the game. It always reverts to the aspect ratio set in system settings.

Any possible fix?

Borvoc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted this over on the Newbie questions thread about a month ago, and someone said I should post it here, as it might be a good idea for a feature that could potentially be added.

Basically, I was wondering if there could be a way to have USB Loader GX automatically load GameCube memory cards if they're inserted but use virtual memory cards instead if the physical memory card slots are empty.

Obviously, such a setting wouldn't affect people using USB Loader GX on a Wii U, but for those using it on a WIi, I think it could be a fantastic quality-of-life improvement. Imagine being able to switch between physical and virtual saving methods intuitively without having to go into the settings every time you want change it.

Maybe, on the other hand, this is something that would have to be implemented into Nintendon't instead? I'm not a programmer, so feel free to let me know if anyone has any thoughts on this idea.

blue-spirit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a small problem with USB loader GX. My Wii U is set to 16:9 aspect ratio and I use it on a 16:9 TV flatscreen but when I boot it in vWii I use it on a 4:3 TV CRT for nostalgic purposes.

I manually set USBlgx to boot games forcing 4:3 and it works well, overriding system settings. But it doesn't work with certain games, for example the wii sports+wii sports resort pack. It's one of those games where you're immediately asked which one do you want to play, and on the selection screen the aspect ratio is the one I set in USBlgx, but on the next screen is reverted back to the system one.

This also happens in every game if you reset the game. It always reverts to the aspect ratio set in system settings.

Any possible fix?
You can use priiloader to activate the system settings in vWii to set the vWii to 4:3 aspect ratio system wide.

Reactions: Incure

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If you install priiloader to vWii, don't use mymenuify to install themes or you'll mess up your vwii system menu, csm manager is safe. Hopefully mymenuify gets an update to fix it soon.

But I think with decaffeinater u can recover even if u boink your vwii up badly, but don't quote me as 100% on that

Reactions: marchrius

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you install priiloader to vWii, don't use mymenuify to install themes or you'll mess up your vwii system menu, csm manager is safe. Hopefully mymenuify gets an update to fix it soon.

But I think with decaffeinater u can recover even if u boink your vwii up badly, but don't quote me as 100% on that
I see, ty, I already installed a theme on my vwii, is this ok or should I revert to the original one before installing priiloader?

Does the aspect ratio setting stick or reset to default every time vwii boots?

blue-spirit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I see, ty, I already installed a theme on my vwii, is this ok or should I revert to the original one before installing priiloader?

Does the aspect ratio setting stick or reset to default every time vwii boots?
You can configure this in priiloader if it should stick or not.

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It got patched back in September to work with vWii. ...with the caveat that USBLoaderGX's menu glitches out when it's installed.
Ok you were right, got priiloader installed and I was able to fix the aspect ratio thing but now I'm stuck with glitched USBLGX graphics lol... Seems like I'm in a worse spot than before. Any fix or workaround for USBLGX perhaps?

edit: sorta fixed/hid the problem with game window mode: rotating disc setting in USBLGX

Last edited by marchrius,

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey started modding a few days ago and I ran into 2 issues relating to wiiware. 1. I cant seem to get the pokemon mystery dungeon games working, as they crash with japanese text. Priiloader is set to the region free patch, so idk if i am missing a step for getting them to work.

2. My wiiware and VC games on my emunand do not seem to have the channel banner files (they are all blank when you select a game to play as well as in channel mode for displaying the collection) i added them through the "Emunand WAD Manager" in USBloaderGX's settings, so any advice on how i can get the banners to wprk would be great.

Hey there, both of your issues sound like bad game dumps/source. i have used wiiware and vc games on emunand, and they all load with their channel art and sound effects (mario kart 64, nectaris and super mario world are all examples of working for me).
Post automatically merged:

Hello,I am new to the forum group but a long time reader. I am wondering if anyone would be able to help me out regarding usbloadergx and the plug in mod pack (I know it’s older). I’d love to get it working properly as it is a very simple ui for my wife and kids to work around on compared to the wiiflow. I have read the threads on here regarding the mod but none seem to fix my issue. I am doing this on the vwii side of the console as well.

so I have the plug-ins installed and edited to have the magic number correspond with the emulator and mod.dol. The plug in icons shows up and I see the systems in the option. But when I click on one system it loads up all the other systems games as well not filtered out. The other thing I noticed is when I click on a game I know let’s say is a nes game it boots up my sega plug in no matter what game I choose. It seems to boot up the sega side (genplusgx)

Just wondering how I can get this configured so that when I select a nes game it play from the bootdol and runs emulator. But for all my systems. I mean the only way having all games showing up that could be beneficial is if it would choose the proper emulator that corresponds to the game more like click and play and it just choose the emulator to launch game pending on file type and where rom is located.

Anyways any help, tips or insight in to this would be greatly appreciated. I know there is wiiflow app but for my wife and kids the ui on usbloader is so much more simpler and they are already use to it and are not very good with change. looking forward to hearing some of the responses so I can try and get this up and running as it’s been driving me crazy.. 😜 thanks In advance.

Any info is greatly appreciated thanks!

hey there, i would consider backing up your setup and redoing it with the latest version (1281). you can then install forwarder wads for the various emulators, and just store the roms on sd card or external. you can also make loaders for individual emulator roms, so the emulator directly loads your specified game
Post automatically merged:

Any possible fix?
you should consider looking in the wii u forum for help making a .rhub that loads usb loader gx (or just vwii itself) directly in 480p 4:3, with boot2vwii app. that way, you can still use an external hard drive. however, you will lose the usage of gamepad with this method

luk234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello, I've been using this program for years, it's always worked perfectly. I would like to ask, how do you force a specific cios on boot?
Some context: A few weeks ago I discovered this cool cios called "Fakemote", which I've been using in conjunction with USB Loader GX to get usb controllers working on the GUI and channel injects. I installed the cios to slot 252 base 58, which is then set as the "loader cios" inside the program. However, it never quite works unless I force a reload from within ULGX.

My procedure right now is something like this:
-Enter USB Loader GX normally. USB controller won't work.
-Using a Wiimote, go into the options and disable and enable "sd card mode" to force a reload.
-Now USB controllers will work.

Is there a way to force this "reload" every time I open the program? Or maybe I'm just not loading the cios correctly? As it is right now, I always have to keep a wiimote handy, which isn't really an issue, but I would like to find a way to always boot into usb loader gx with usb support to have the true wiimote-less experience :)

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all, earlier this year, i installed forwarder wads to my emunand for some single rom loaders for emulators, to be launched from usb loader gx . most of these would result in black screen at launch, but would work if the wad was installed on sysnand. according to blackb0x, this is caused by the forwarder not reloading the required ios before launching the channel, which in most cases is ios58. essentially saying that the wad is not working correctly, because usb loader gx isn't causing the issue. i did test a version from him that offered a temp fix to the issue, but i was wondering how i can fix the wads in general? Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1