• Views 7,166,991
  • Replies 29,363
  • Likes 48

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cyan: this might sound a bit stupid to request, but would it be possible to add support for discs which were originally patched when backup loading was first introduced?

i'm only asking this, as NeoGamma is now a bit dated for me to use (especially with the Nintendo WFC being discontinued earlier this year) and i thought, it would be nice to dust off some old games and possibly play some Mario Kart Wii online via a custom server.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It doesn't work?
Which patches are you talking about?

There were patches using WUM (Wii Update Manager) which only replaced the update partition with another one, it's not really patched. The loader doesn't even check this partition.

There were a video mode patcher to edit the main.dol video compatibility list. (it's now possible with settings in the loader, called "dol video patch").

There were Patches by Generic wii Patcher, where you could edit the video mode. (same as Video mode patcher), patch the Error001 and Error002, Country string, Create or apply .wip patches.

The Error#001 and Error#002 patches should work.
If found, the Error 002 is "unpatched" (it used to be a setting called ANTI in USBLoaderGX), before being re-patched correctly (ON).
I removed the error002 setting to always unpatch the old version if found instead of allowing the user to choose (no point in choosing to not fix it).

All the above are (or should) work fine with the loader. I don't remember any other patches, but if you have discs which doesn't work let me know what you are thinking.
The loader should be able to launch Disc or ISO/Wbfs just fine.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, i meant decrypted discs which were originally used with the first backup loaders at the time as well the required cIOS, back in 2008.

By the way... I originally asked for this to be fixed for both cIOS-d2x and with NeoGamma during parts of 2011 & 2012 (don't worry, it was fixed at the time and still works now).

They just don't work with USB Loader GX, as it comes up with "can't mount or unknown disc format." and my console does actually infact read backups which are burned to discs.

Bri64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the newest and older versions of USB Loader GX, when you have full covers on grid mode, they are sized out of proportion and off the screen.
1409346402809.jpg

Bri64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I've seen its every cover, I just hadn't downloaded them all, I tried more with the same result. I'm using an HD TV and the Wii is running at 480p wide screen, if that matters at all.

After it loads around 6 or 7 broken ones it seems to overload the system, the covers on the description won't load, but if you go off screen then it goes back to normal.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe it's some corrupted files.
try to find the corrupted cover by going to your cover folder on SD or USB.

You can delete all of them, or you can find the corrupted ones only.

move half the files to another folder and see of it still happen with the remaining covers.
Do it again until it doesn't happen anymore. the corrupted cover was part of the moved files.

then put back files little by littler, until it happens again to find the corrupted file.

sorry I don't have more time right now to help you more.

Oh, and:
Don't post multiple times.
If nobody posted a message after you, click on the "edit" text at the bottom of your message to add informations.

Bri64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to have wasted your time, I guess I had messed with the custom paths and they were conflicting, its all fixed now.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i added an issue about the decrypted discs to googlecode, i don't know if it's a fault with the loader or it actually needs to be supported.

although, there is something out there called bunpatcher which restores the backup for use with modern-day loaders anyway. although, i don't think it exists anywhere (especially after megaupload was taken off-line by the U.S Government).

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've included within the issue report on googlecode, how decrypted discs worked from the user's point of view.

Edit: Just a thought, was NeoGamma ever open-source at all?

Also, it might be worth talking to someone who was involved with cIOS-d2x as they added back in support for those types of discs roughly two years ago.

Here is the issue which i posted, by the way.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tested your mod, and I don't like it.
sorry if it's rude :P

It's not your work which is bad, you only added the wrapper and the library and that's fine.
But it's not enough for me.
I don't like the fact that it's exclusive : if you enable the PS3 controller, you lose all the other controllers.

I'm working on adding proper multi-threading controllers.
I'll probably edit the wrapper to complete it and add more option.
I have ideas, but I don't know if I will manage to make it work like I want.

As I won't add PS3 today, and it's my last holiday's day, I'm pushing 1231 to internal update menu.
I don't know when I'll have more free time.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
not the gamecube controller at the same time.

your code replace the gamecube data entirely.
and as it's based on the gamecube controller, there's no Home buttons.
I'll try to map the PS to wpad home and the rest to pad.
also, there's no proper shutdown of the controller before exiting the loader.
The mapping you did made some menu acting weird (gametdb 3D cover rotations). (and no led, no rumble. just details, easy to add later)

instead of being exclusive, it should OR the data with the other controllers. (or replace it only when an activity is detected, but free it when no buttons are pressed/moved)

I know, users shouldn't play with more than one controller at a time, but having the possibility to disconnect/swap without restarting the loader is better.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
yes you're right, in wiiflow the GC controller works fine though, I'm sure it can work in GX too. the sources are very different
but in GX
line 60 input.cpp
if (i == 0)
needs to be something like
if (i == 0) && DS3_Init = true
in order not to replace the GC input however I didn't add this because my GC controller is broken and I can't test it
and remember this was only a beta test :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, it's a test but I think it could be added.
It shouldn't require too much work to fix it.
Holidays ends today, I'll try to work on it little by little.
I also didn't had time to create each 3DS homebrew wiki page :(

Thanks for starting that project and adding it to GX.

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021