• Replies 29,382
  • Likes 48

tomwalsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Solecist said:
One little question off topic.... can i run and load games with sucess by usb loader gx in a Wii without a modchip? ....if i only install homebrew channel -> patched ios, etc ?

The answer is yes, and I would recommend that you do plenty of reading on installation of Loader, the stickys are a great help!!!

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now that I'm running Rev13a, my 8GB Kingston Data Traveler is no longer working.

Is anybody else aware of this issue?

I have tried formatting it with multiple WBFS managers. My other HDD's work.

This flash drive used to work at one point. In the earlier versions of the loaders and Cios Rev's.

I have also tried multiple loaders, continues to go unrecognized.

Any takers?

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saco said:
Mr Esteves said:
Saco said:
I'm trying to run Grand Slam Tennis but I always get stuck before that screen where you usually have to press A or A+B. The game just freezes when that screen goes on.

This is happening exclusively with this game and i've already tried 2 different versions. I have WiiConnect24 turned off.

Any guess?

What's the Cios version that your using if it's 13b switch to 13a

I'm not really sure what version do I have, how can I check it? Well I could just install 13a anyway...

GS Tennis works fine for me on a NTSC 4.0U Wii cIOSrev12 and GXrev570 (but as been working on every rev I tried with). Game is also an NTSC version. No special options set just the defaults of cIOS249 and 002Fix Off. Only problem with it is running the M+ video, but I think that is a problem for everyone.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
icpmattj said:
ThaDraGun said:
Is there a forwarder that works with running the loader off of the USB Harddrive?
http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads/forwarders

works with both sd and usb.

Checks for sd first if not found then looks on usb.

Been using it since it came out with no issues.

Thanks I must have had an older version then. I thought I had the newest cuz the background and loading screen was the same

sdmilne

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm finding that channel revision 516 seems to disable the alternate dol option in game settings. Has anyone else found this? When I play the app direct via the Homebrew Channel it works fine though. Anyone know the cause?

kboxer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sdmilne said:
I'm finding that channel revision 516 seems to disable the alternate dol option in game settings. Has anyone else found this? When I play the app direct via the Homebrew Channel it works fine though. Anyone know the cause?
Do not know the cause but why don't you update Rev 516 is quite old now. I am on Rev 570 and alt.dol works fine on that.

reddevilmeuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to say a big thanks to all people involved in this great loader.... it's nice to see it progressing the way it is.

Some people like to bitch about the amount of revisions this has, but i'd just like to say the more the better as it shows people are improving it all the time.

thanks for a great loader.

one question i have, a few thousand pages back
biggrin.gif
there were mentioning of icons that show you which game required wii board | nunchuck.. is this the case? if so how do you do it ? if not, theres an idea for you
smile.gif

red

reddevilmeuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
http://wiitdb.com
get the wiitdb.zip and place it in the titles.txt path
then press 2 when pointing at a game and it will show all info

not trying to be stupid, but whats the titles.txt ? i assume its where it renames all the games for you?

i dont use it as i rename the games myself, can i still use the wiitdb without it?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
reddevilmeuk said:
tj_cool said:
http://wiitdb.com
get the wiitdb.zip and place it in the titles.txt path
then press 2 when pointing at a game and it will show all info

not trying to be stupid, but whats the titles.txt ? i assume its where it renames all the games for you?

i dont use it as i rename the games myself, can i still use the wiitdb without it?
titles.txt is another file that simply contains all (many) titleID and the correct name of the game. You can use it to rename all games automatically. But if you have wiitdb.zip, you don't need it at all. If you want to rename the games yourself, disable XMLTitles (somewhere in the settings).

reddevilmeuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive unzipped the XML file into a dir, changed GX folder settings for titles to the same directory but when i press 2 no information is shown.... do i need anything than meta.xml in the dir?

DOH ignore that you dont unzip it O.o

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
reddevilmeuk said:
ive unzipped the XML file into a dir, changed GX folder settings for titles to the same directory but when i press 2 no information is shown.... do i need anything than meta.xml in the dir?
I never said Unzip it.
Just place the wiitdb.zip in the titles.txt path

reddevilmeuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after playig with it for a while. it doesnt seem to be accurate in it's icons and doesnt bring down the description of the game.... all in all im sure the data it brings across could be better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share