OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Solecist said:
ok guys...im making a theme with all the items of other themes i like the most...this one will rule out... but ive got some doubts....why some items aren't working like:
page1, page1d, page2, page2d, startgame_arrow_left, startgame_arrow_right, bg_options_settings, ...just the basic is working....i need more variables in theme instructions... someone can help me here ?
biggrin.gif
There are no variables in the theme instructions because we didn't make them themeable. I think some of our work has to be saved at least
tongue.gif

thebobinc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE(Trolly @ May 14 2009, 01:35 PM)

tried to change back you config.txt file on your fat 32 partition., i had an similar probleme not being able to load sking anymore, and it fix it,

for me it does work , only not able to rename path for theme and disk cover , image cover , looking foward to other revision that may allow it,

i know that the channel of Blindude that containe the usb loader the path is able to be erase, but when i tried to save ... dumpcode, that was is first one that he made, i have not look at is topic since i will take a look and see,

hope to find an solution shortly ,

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK People i am adding loading covers and stuff from USB. Now the problem is that you can have more than one partitions on USB and the code needs to know which partition needs to be used.

What do you think would be best to clear out which partition to use. I can make it search for the first fat/fat32 partition and use that as "USB:/".

Also what else is probably possible (need to test it but it should be) i can mount the USB partitions by number. So its gonna be for example "USB1:/" for 1st partition or "USB2:/" for second partition. This way you will be giving him the partition to use. This is a better option for those who are using more than one fat/fat32 partition.

Just wanted to know what you think is better.

KaNiMziE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dimok said:
OK People i am adding loading covers and stuff from USB. Now the problem is that you can have more than one partitions on USB and the code needs to know which partition needs to be used.

What do you think would be best to clear out which partition to use. I can make it search for the first fat/fat32 partition and use that as "USB:/".

Also what else is probably possible (need to test it but it should be) i can mount the USB partitions by number. So its gonna be for example "USB1:/" for 1st partition or "USB2:/" for second partition. This way you will be giving him the partition to use. This is a better option for those who are using more than one fat/fat32 partition.

I love that! Is exactly what a ask last week !

I vote for : USB1:/

KaNiMziE

thebobinc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dimok said:

yes that would be good idea,

KIT786

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KIT786 said:
Something very strange has happened to me. After trying to use the latest build (r335), none of the builds work anymore (none of the past ones I've tried that worked before and even V1.0). Basically I load them through the hbc, it loads for a few seconds with a list of the games on the harddrive and then just restarts back to the hbc, sometimes it also crashes.

I thought it might have something to do with my harddrive, so I connected it to the mac and I can add/remove games from it no problem. Anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

EDIT: Just to let you know I've got all my builds from http://sites.google.com/site/usbloadergui/downloads

Had a try with some other loaders (Ultimate USB Loader 7.4.7 by hatax), and that seems to work fine, so I guess it must have something to do with this loader in particular.

Janikola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, long time observer, first time poster here.
Kudos to everyone who has been involved in the homebrew scene but espacilly to the development of this app. Awesome.

Some people have complained about game compatibility but it seems that the same rules for patching the game with IOS Patcher to IOS 249 or something else solves most loading problems. I got a few games to work by doing this and/or changing the settings in the loader from Auto Patch to Disc Region or Console Region

I have a small problem that I hope someone can help me or redirect mebecause I am at wits end. I don't ask for help unless I've done some legwork so please don't come down on me for not looking.

I started using this great app with an 80G HDD. I got a 320G drive and cloned it using WBFS Manager 3.01. All went well until I tried to add more games using USB Loader. The main page reported that I only had 0.02GB free, the same amount as the previous drive. When I tried to copy a game it gave me prompt to continue, copied about 50% of the game and crashed.

I deleted the config folder on the SD card, booted up again and now main page of the the loader recognizes the full capacity and disc space BUT when I try to copy a game it still says I only have 0.02 GB free.

Using WBFS Manger it works well and the games load fine but I don't want to have to copy the ISOs to my PC and then to the drive. My only other idea that comes to mind is to reformat the drive to FAT32 and WBFS again and start copying from scratch but then I would have to copy about 30 games one by one over again. If necessary I will but I'd rather not.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

swarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Janikola said:
I started using this great app with an 80G HDD. I got a 320G drive and cloned it using WBFS Manager 3.01. All went well until I tried to add more games using USB Loader. The main page reported that I only had 0.02GB free, the same amount as the previous drive. When I tried to copy a game it gave me prompt to continue, copied about 50% of the game and crashed.

I deleted the config folder on the SD card, booted up again and now main page of the the loader recognizes the full capacity and disc space BUT when I try to copy a game it still says I only have 0.02 GB free.

Using WBFS Manger it works well and the games load fine but I don't want to have to copy the ISOs to my PC and then to the drive. My only other idea that comes to mind is to reformat the drive to FAT32 and WBFS again and start copying from scratch but then I would have to copy about 30 games one by one over again. If necessary I will but I'd rather not.

Did you use the "copy to this drive" option or the actual "clone" option? I wouldn't recommend cloning one drive to a bigger drive or you'll get weird size errors like this, and I'm not just talking about Wii-related stuff. You're probably going to have to reformat your 320GB and copy the games over again from your 80GB. But this time, load up both of the drives at once in WBFS Manager (one under "drive" and one under "drive-to-drive"), highlight all the games on your 80GB (upper field) by clicking the top game and shift clicking on the bottom one, and then click "copy to this drive" on your 320GB (lower field).

comet77

Trophies
Website
www.megaupload.com
XP
Country
Canada
dimok said:

Could we not just use something like this, "../../config/config.txt". That way no matter where the loader is the "config" dir would always two dirs up from the loader?

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

I have 1 wbfs partition (usb1 first partition)
and one fat32 (usb2 second partition)

that sounds like a useful adaptation for my needs as well!

@ the above commenter

I am certain that the config.txt will be able to determine the directory path in time getting it working is the first step i would guess?

comet77

Trophies
Website
www.megaupload.com
XP
Country
Canada
vettacossx said:
QUOTE said:

I have 1 wbfs partition (usb1 first partition)
and one fat32 (usb2 second partition)

that sounds like a useful adaptation for my needs as well!

@ the above commenter

I am certain that the config.txt will be able to determine the directory path in time getting it working is the first step i would guess?

I know that the setting inside the config.txt file will work, I was thinking that we could have the loader look for the config.txt file in "../../config" directory.

boccman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the idea of having the covers and stuff load off the usb drive partition. I think that whatever way you choose to implement it will be fine. People will adapt to whatever way you choose to program it. If you can make some sort of config file or use the new global config would also be cool...Cant wait for that release.... Great work guys....

DozerGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimok said:

Mplayer needs the first partition as fat to work so it would be nice to keep it the same , also i already formatted the first partition as fat
tongue.gif

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Janikola said:
Hi, long time observer, first time poster here.
Kudos to everyone who has been involved in the homebrew scene but espacilly to the development of this app. Awesome.

Some people have complained about game compatibility but it seems that the same rules for patching the game with IOS Patcher to IOS 249 or something else solves most loading problems. I got a few games to work by doing this and/or changing the settings in the loader from Auto Patch to Disc Region or Console Region

Have you tried House of the Dead 2, from House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo,