USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by cyrex, Apr 19, 2009.

1. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Any WAD manager should be fine to install it. I prefer Multi Mod Manager but it doesn't work right with Wii Motion plus controllers so if you only have those you might try YAWMM.

2. Nuckels

Nuckels Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2017
    Netherlands Antilles
    Do I need to install any custom cIOS for a wad manager or is multi mod manager enough and functions on itself? (I have plenty of GC controllers and two normal wii motes so MMM should be fine.)

3. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    It should work fine with regular IOS 58 as well. Before you run it check the meta.xml file for it and make sure it has the tag "<ahb_access />" in it. If you're not sure where to put it just pasted it immediately after the "<app version='1'>" if it's not in the file already.

4. Nuckels

Nuckels Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2017
    Netherlands Antilles
    In the xml of the MMM app ya? Also stupid question.. where do I grab MMM from safely? lol.

Thanks for the input btw, Appreciate it.

5. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Hey @Cyan @GreyWolf just wondering if you guys where going to implement gamepad support into usbloader gx, Hopefully i'm not buggin you guys

6. Onanghy

Onanghy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2010
    United States
    Exist USBLoader GX Forwarder (Wup) install for Wii U... any Link is exist...??
    Thanks

7. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I would like to test it myself.
    I will have some holidays soon, (maybe end of this month).
    no promise, you all know I always end pushing the release to later...

yes, and no.
    There is something like you want, but I'm not sure this is what you really want.

1) legal channel
    if you only want a way to launch USBLoaderGX from WiiU, then it's available here :
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx-forwarder-channel-for-wii-u-menu.482595/

Edit: I added that link to the first post, in the download section.

You need to install :
    USBLoaderGX boot.dol on SD or USB (like always)
    USBLoaderGX forwarder channel UNEO on vWii
    USBLoaderGX forwarder channel on WiiU from the link I gave you.
    This is a modification of hbl2hbc (WiiU homebrew loading vWii with system menu patched to launch vWii Homebrew channel), except here it's modified to launch UNEO instead of HBC.
    When you exit a game, it will stay in vWii mode.

2) not legal to share channel
    If you want a WiiU Wii virtual console injected with USBLoaderGX forwarder, then I can't provide it as that type of channel contains copyrighted files from nintendo (fw.img is actually IOS255)
    If you want that type of channel, you need to build it yourself by using "WiiVC injector Script" program (you can find it in WiiU hacking section) and select the forwarder.dol located in "all-in-1 package/wad/forwarder".
    install the resulted channel with WUP installer.
    you don't need the vWii UNEO forwarder channel to launch USBLoaderGX.

This launch method can only be used to .... not so much yet.
    You can't launch Wii games or emuNAND
    You can't launch channels (haven't tried, but I'm sure it might not work)
    Maybe you can launch nintendont ! (haven't tried either)

Last edited by Cyan, Oct 8, 2017
    wicksand420 likes this.
  8. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    No hurries cyan. Thanks. Also if you need a tester, you know where to find me.

Last edited by wicksand420, Oct 12, 2017
  9. Nuckels

Nuckels Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2017
    Netherlands Antilles
    @Cyan will we ever still see sd card support for wii games? I just wanna put project M on it as its more convinient for me to bring my wii with me to smash tournies with everything loaded on the sd card.

10. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    No Idea.
    I added that request in the development roadmap, but I don't know if I'll ever reach that point.
    I'm spending month to release a simple update, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

wicksand420 likes this.
  11. Nuckels

Nuckels Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2017
    Netherlands Antilles
    nvm found em.

Last edited by Nuckels, Oct 12, 2017
  12. JennTeamMagma

JennTeamMagma GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2017
    United States
    I hope this is the right place to ask, but i've got a question about USB Loader GX. I formatted my drive to WBFS and transferred the wii game I want to play onto it with WBFS manager, I downloaded USB Loader GX, and it recognizes the drive and game, but whenever I try to start the game, the game will load up it's start menu like usual, but when I press "start" instead of making a high-pitched "dong" sound like usual, it makes a lower-pitched "dong" and then it crashes to the homebrew channel select screen, where I choose to load USB Loader GX, Project M, Nintendont, etc. Does anyone know how to fix this?

13. Advokaten

Advokaten Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2017
    Sweden
    I'm not sure you need a WBFS drive nowadays. I use FAT32.

14. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Did you install a cIOS ?
    you need a patched IOS to load games from USB.

like said above, you shouldn't follow OLD guides which tells you to use WBFS partition.
    it's old and deprecated, it can corrupt your games, and you can only use it for wii games, while FAT32 can be used for EVERYTHING (wii, gamecube, emulators, any other homebrew, and even non console related files).

Be sure you do NOT use "WBFS manager" program.
    instead, use "Wii Backup Manager" to copy/convert/install ISO to your HDD.
    do not copy the games yourself using the file explorer (it works, but it's always source of issues)

Last edited by Cyan, Oct 14, 2017 at 3:08 PM