• Views 7,187,764
  • Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan: You could always republish the same version on Googlecode with just the Url changed.

Yes, a star (or heart) that just toggles 0 or 5 rating would be a nice option. I always thought ratings in launchers were weird. I wouldn't keep a game I rated as 1 star on my HDD. :)

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan: You could always republish the same version on Googlecode with just the Url changed.

Yes, a star (or heart) that just toggles 0 or 5 rating would be a nice option. I always thought ratings in launchers were weird. I wouldn't keep a game I rated as 1 star on my HDD. :)
I use the rating system as a workaround for customizing the positions of games in channel view.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
1 star with a drop down(or up) menu is a nice idea, but I think current stars are ok since they fit on screen just fine. Between categories and favorite stars one can pretty much customize the order games are shown, if someone doesn't use it, just give the game whatever amount of stars you feel like.

And sorry if it's not correctly aligned on your screen, you will have to play with the GUI overscan settings, and with the Banner settings menu overscan too.
A little tricky, but all correctly set on my tv!

Also, about the download bug, I think I also have it, I don't really use covers because banner mode is better in my opinion, but I tried to download and it stopped midway, after a restart it downloaded what was missing (well, it says I'm still missing 141 covers, but that might bee channel/GC 3D covers and such).
Unfortunately, I don't feel I have the needed skills to fix that kind of bug, or even locate where it's happening.

Reactions: Troopage

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I still don't know how it's triggered. either:
- Number of downloads
- Total downloaded amount of data
- Time elapsed since the first download
- Time elapsed since network init (but network init is downloading a file to check for updates, so it's like "first download" too)
I'll do some test later today.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
@Cyan I think it may be time elapsed, since I was trying some things and this happened:

1.- Boot usbloader gx, enter homebrew screen (I was sending dols trough wiiload)
2.- I waited an unkown amount of time before using wiiload
3.- Wiiload coudn't connect until I reset the network from the icon at the homebrew screen.

I'll test later waiting specified amounts of time, see if I can reproduce it with any given time lenght.

UPDATE: tested waiting 5 minutes, it failed. Which was the latest working revision?
2 minutes work, 3 minutes won't.
UPDATE2: seems like restarting the network from within the homebrew screen solves the problem? After one restart no matter how much time passes, seems to work.

Last edited by suloku,
Reactions: Troopage and Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's why I removed all timeout check in the sources in mod01, but it didn't help.
Something else is causing this issue.
Maybe the download is not properly finished and closed. I will add debug log to see what data is transmitted and received over TCP.

edit1: I went to homebrew browser and wait for 5 minutes but wiiload still work.
I added TCP dump to gecko and there's no "hidden" or residual activity. only the expected data is transfered.
I think the issue appeared when I changed http.c to add SSL, so I'm almost sure it's in this file the issue is.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
We shouldn't know, because a (re)init of the network fix the issue.
you would have to init the network before downloading or receiving any file which would fix the issue if it was there. and we don't know it's there before downloading/receiving any data.

edit: I understand what you mean.maybe initiating at boot is the issue, and it require more delay before doing it?
It could be tested. I have autoinit ON.

I can't reproduce the bug myself.
It's annoying when I don't have the bugs ! I can't debug it, and need to send builds to testers.

If someone want to help, could you come to IRC ? it's easier to communicate than posting builds on the forum and waiting for answers.
I set up an ftp server, it's easier than uploading to mediafire every time. (so you need to know how to use irc and ftp)
irc : irc.abjects.net
chan: #gui-usbloader-chat

What is strange is that I had that issue with 1254. and the changes I did in 1255 fixed it for me.
I don't understand why you still experience it while I don't :(

Edit2:
The differences is maybe because I'm using IOS58? but as long as you don't download nintendont, it doesn't patch SSL module in the IOS.

Well, nobody came.
I released the laster revision to googlecode and pushed the revision to internal updater so all users with current and old version will get a prompt to update and will switch automatically to sourceforge once installed.

Googlecode is now officially closed.

About the issues : I will not close them, they will become read only. Sourceforge has a copy of most (old) issues.
Latest open one on googlecode are not present, users can repost the issue on sourceforge is they want. but I will read them on googlecode until it's deleted by Google in 2016.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, nobody came.
I released the laster revision to googlecode and pushed the revision to internal updater so all users with current and old version will get a prompt to update and will switch automatically to sourceforge once installed.
I wish my schedule was more lenient and I wasn't asleep at the time you were looking for help. I generally don't do bug testing in my free time, but I'll take a look and see if I can figure out anything.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no worry. It will be for a next time :)
and yeah, with time zone it's not very easy to be online at the right time.

I'm leaving for a week.
If someone has time to look at that issue that would be great, but again I'm not asking or waiting for someone else to do my job. just a little help is always good.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did some basic testing. I got the glitch to occur, but only when using my wired USB adapter. When I connected wirelessly, it worked fine. I made sure that the static IP and everything was the same. Could have just been a coincidence, though. I'll do more testing, but this just seemed a bit interesting. I'll test out a few more variables tonight.

Last edited by TecXero,

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the best wad manager to install the forwarder for USB loader gx? And where can I get it from? I don't have one yet..

gburgue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What is the best wad manager to install the forwarder for USB loader gx? And where can I get it from? I don't have one yet..
I think "Wad Manager 1.7" is very reliable for that. However, if you haven't BootMii as boot2 make sure you have Priiloader before install any wad to the real memory.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
simple one like Wad Manager 1.7 (it requires cIOS249).
or Yet Another wad Manager Mod rev5e (uses AHB access and doesn't need cIOS at all) (yawmm)

don't use Wad manager GUI 1.5 (the manager is patching files silently, it never install clean files)

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think "Wad Manager 1.7" is very reliable for that. However, if you haven't BootMii as boot2 make sure you have Priiloader before install any wad to the real memory.

simple one like Wad Manager 1.7 (it requires cIOS249).
or Yet Another wad Manager Mod rev5e (uses AHB access and doesn't need cIOS at all) (yawmm)

don't use Wad manager GUI 1.5 (the manager is patching files silently, it never install clean files)

Thanks for the assistance! I will give yawmm a try. Is there anything setting wise that needs to be know to install the wad? It should install to the system nand. I am downloading the forwarder from the first post.

Edit: Are the instructions at https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/wad-manager accurate? Looks like I would need to select IOS249 since I installed d2x v8 in slot249, base 56, version 21008.

Last edited by ngs428,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't replicate the glitch using my wireless AP. The wired adapter is a cheap nyko adapter, so it could be its fault. I'll stop using it, the reason I was using it doesn't exist anymore, anyway.

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't replicate the glitch using my wireless AP. The wired adapter is a cheap nyko adapter, so it could be its fault. I'll stop using it, the reason I was using it doesn't exist anymore, anyway.
I have the download bug too. My Wii is connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi, tried on two different AP, same issue always. So the wired adapter is not the source of this issue.

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have bootmii as iOS. No priiloader at this point. Are there any issues installing it since I just installed d2x v8 cIOS in slot 249. Looks like I can get the latest version at http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Priiloader

At the link above it says
IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO INSTALL PRIILOADER ONLY ON A WII WITH ONLYUNMODIFIED IOSs!

Last edited by ngs428,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast