Hacking USB Loader GX with Dual SATA HDD

Dansongier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there all, I'm kinda having a problem that i'm trying to fix. I have been searching around but didn't seem to find a direct answer. You see, I have a 1 Tb Dual Sata Hard Drive, Mobile Twin Drive by Beyond Micro(Yes its 2 harddrives in 1). I tired to Partition it into 3 parts, (500 GBs for ISO, 5 GBs for Homebrew and rest of it for plain storage) I Partitioned the 500 GBs to NTSU the 5 Gbs to NTSU and the rest into FAT32. Using the Wii Inteligent Gui_v6, I formated the 500 Gbs into WBSF. Now, When I ran the USB Loader, It said it was only able to format the first partition, in which read as the whole hard drive(1 TB). Oddly enough the other partitions were counted for but said it couldn't be formatted.

Though I still wanted them in the 3 Partitions, I tried to see what I could get to work, So I formatted the whole thing using the USB Loader GX. As a result, The Loader read the hard drive and I was able to get to the menu. However, When I plug it into my computer, Nor does it show up in the WBFS Inteligent gui v6 It doesn't show up unless i use a cerain Partitioning program(EASEUS Partition Master), inwhich it reads as unallocated space.

Does anyone have anything that can help me here? I Know the USB Loader is fine as it works with another external Hard drive completely fine(500 GBs with 2 partitions).

Thanks for your time all .

Using Rev 828 IOS 249(Rev 15)

P.s. Just incase, I'm not the best with Wii knowledge, Can you post a link to the guide I may need to follow to fix this?

jsjar

Trophies
XP
Country
The new revisions of configurable loader and usb loader gx can now run games of a fat32 partition
so no need for a wbfs partition
i think configurable loader can use ntfs aswel

Dansongier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I See, What about putting iso's on? do i just drag/drop the iso into the partition or do i need a certain manager, the wii intel gui manger i was using doesn't seem to want to work with fat32.

Dansongier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I just tried that, i got some improvements but still some problems, i transered 1 ISO using the backup manger from my Other External. On the Usb manager when i compared the spaces, the one in my older External(500 gb) was alittle bit bigger still but only like 2-4 mbs. That external is using the older wbfs format that i used the intel manager with. The Problem now however, When it loads the external, it comes up with a bunch of games on the menu with no disc box images *There is only 1 ISO on this Harddrive* Tried to click one, nothing happened, then after that, i couldn't click anything else on the loader. Restarted and tried again *even replugged the external* Same thing, when i clicked the options first this time, got in, went back to the menu, then there was only 1 game this time, but when i clicked it, it said no disc found yet tried to load it saying it was 0.00 gbs.

Know what the problem is now or what I might need to do?

P.s. The Loader is reading the external for all of its space (1 tb), though when plugged in the computer, the partitions are still there, and the iso are still in the partition for the Wii Isos

whatup777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using wii backup manager you can do it on NTFS Partition aswell. (Still need FAT32 for homebrew)
Just use that latest beta found on like the last or 2nd to last page and your good.
will run under the file layout of :/wbfs/gameid.iso or :/wbfs/gameid_gametitle/gameid.iso
must be under wbfs folder but doesnt have to be converted to .wbfs.

Use latest beta (v50b2) of Configuable USB and you'll be good.

Dansongier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok but what about using Usb Loader GX or do i have to use Configurable to get this whole thing to work, since using the newer Manager didn't seem to change anything.

*edit* Also any chance you can include a link if i do have to use configurable? On the site the lastest i found was .49 And Can it tell me how to set up the Homebrew on the 5gbs i have partitions for it?

Dansongier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using the Configurable Usb 50b2 like you said, with the normal and fat version of it, and still having the same problem, its reading 7 games that arn't there, go to options then 1, options again then nothing, also its still reading them all as 1 single partition though its still multiple partitions on it. Even when i put a game on there, *directly from the computer* it doesn't shop up. Is it because of this type of harddrive >.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__