Hacking USB Loader GX returns to neek2o after finishing a game

SWATlozar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hello everyone. Here I am with something that's more of an annoyance than a real problem.
So here's the problem. Yesterday I successfully put neek2o on my Wii. Had a few issues but it works flawlessly with every game. So the games show up in USB Loader GX, they successfully load up, they play great but whenever I want to exit, it returns me to neek2o and I need to use Back to Nand to return to real Nand, and that's pretty annoying. When I put a fresh neek it actually returned me to real Nand (even though 'Return to' is set to USB Loader GX). Annoying, but better than the above case. The above case appeared after I installed a few new WAD files through the build-in WAD installer on USB Loader GX.

Can someone help me? Did something go wrong? Or maybe I wasn't supposed to install WAD files through USB Loader but rather ShowMiiWads?

Thanks in advance.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The console can't be returned directly to USB Loader GX after running a NEEK title because the only way it can exit back to real NAND is by resetting the console. Any stubs that would normally handle ReturnTo are wiped from memory with the reset.

You'll have to use the forwarder dol with Priiloader if you want the console to always return to the loader.

SWATlozar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The console can't be returned directly to USB Loader GX after running a NEEK title because the only way it can exit back to real NAND is by resetting the console. Any stubs that would normally handle ReturnTo are wiped from memory with the reset.

You'll have to use the forwarder dol with Priiloader if you want the console to always return to the loader.
I don't want to be a nuisance, but can you explain how to do it? Also, can you provide a link to the forwarder? Thanks.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Avec Priiloader :

Configuring the Load / Install File

The priiloader offers the possibility to register a homebrew in .dol or .elf format. This homebrew can then be launched from the priiloader, in autoboot (in Settings-> Autoboot-> Installed File) or via the Installed File option in the main menu. For example, you can install a forwarder (in .dol format) to your usual USB loader. The console will then start automatically on this loader.
To implement this, nothing could be simpler:
- Place the .dol / .elf file of your choice at the root of the SD card or USB stick. You do not need to name this file boot.dol.
- Start the priiloader.
- Go to Load / Install File.
- The list of homebrews available on your device appears.
- Select the homebrew to install and press A Wiimote button. You can also launch this homebrew without installing it by pressing Button 1 Wiimote.
"And that's all." You can delete the .dol / .elf file from your SD card or key. You then make the necessary settings in the Settings to configure the autoboot on this file.

SWATlozar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I understand, but I don't want to automatically start USB Loader GX every time I start the console. Is the only way?

UPDATE: I did it since I don't really use anything other than USB Loader GX. So, now it automatically opens up when I turn on the console. However, the problem persists. When I quit a NEEK game it just returns to NEEK.

Last edited by SWATlozar,

SWATlozar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Sorry for double-posting. So, here's the current situation. I went to Priiloader, installed the forwarder .dol file, put it on autoboot and 'return to'. It reboots USB Loader GX after quiting Wii and GC games (with the 'Return to' feature on USB Loader set to 'clear'), but it just refuses to reboot USB Loader GX and instead goes to NEEK just like before. Well, not exactly like before because now it also shows the H&S screen before the NEEK Wii Menu. I changed the 'Return to' feature on USB Loader to the supposed USB Loader (which now shows as a bunch of numbers and letters after picking it) but no dice.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
which Neek2o channel did you install to your emuNAND ?
be sure its TitleID is "NK2O" (you can check with ShowMiiWads).

Then, in USBLoaderGX, set "return to" to ON and it will detect that channel and set return to "NK2O" on neek when you exit a game from neek, resulting in a reboot of the console.

if it doesn't automatically return to NK2O channel, you have two possibilities :
- USBGX is not set to "return to : Enabled"
or
- You didn't install NK2O to your emuNAND (maybe you installed a different channel, which has a different TitleID?)

Posting a syscheck (like asked above) will not help, what would be useful is verifying you have a "NK2O" channel installed using ShowMiiWad, and checking USBGX is properly set to use return to : in global settings you need a channel set as return to, or else it will be set to "disabled" by default in individual settings, and in individual settings check that you correctly have "return to" enabled.

Last edited by Cyan,

SWATlozar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So, firstly, thanks to everyone, because I got it to work.
I took Cyan's advice and checked if I had NK2O on my emuNAND. Turns out that I didn't (I had it on my real NAND, but not on emuNAND), so I took the wad file and installed it on my emuNAND through ShowMiiWads. On USB Loader GX now I select NK2O on 'Return to'. Whenever I want to quit, it resets the whole system and automatically boots USB Loader GX. All that takes less than ten seconds.

By the way, I think I got the NK2O from Abz's 'Masterpiece' pack, it works flawlessly.

Again, thanks for your help, everyone.

SWATlozar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hello again. I have another problem with NEEK. So it directly goes back to USB Loader GX, no problem with that. Some games (mainly a few NES games, such as Bubble Booble) just get stuck on a black screen. Is that a compatibility issue or did I do something wrong? I updated my cIOS, but from what I read the cIOS has no direct effect to NEEK.

clandestine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which Neek2o channel did you install to your emuNAND ?
be sure its TitleID is "NK2O" (you can check with ShowMiiWads).

Then, in USBLoaderGX, set "return to" to ON and it will detect that channel and set return to "NK2O" on neek when you exit a game from neek, resulting in a reboot of the console.

if it doesn't automatically return to NK2O channel, you have two possibilities :
- USBGX is not set to "return to : Enabled"
or
- You didn't install NK2O to your emuNAND (maybe you installed a different channel, which has a different TitleID?)

Posting a syscheck (like asked above) will not help, what would be useful is verifying you have a "NK2O" channel installed using ShowMiiWad, and checking USBGX is properly set to use return to : in global settings you need a channel set as return to, or else it will be set to "disabled" by default in individual settings, and in individual settings check that you correctly have "return to" enabled.
Old thread, but I just wanted to make sure I understand this correctly.

I initially set global settings/return to: NK2O. But that had the side effect of booting into neek out of non-neek software. (wbfs, gcn isos, or emunand that didn't use neek would reload into neek!)

This took a little tinkering but I finally figured it out. Globally, I have to set USB Loader GX return to: OFF. Then for each Neek game, I had to turn Return to ON.

So basically, since I have Priiloader auto-launching USB Loader GX, the global return to option isn't needed for non-neek games anymore. Priiloader handles that for me. But return to ON for each neek title makes it look for NK2O wad installed on emunand, which switches it back to USB Loader GX.

Do I understand this correctly?

The only problematic thing here is that each Neek title needs to be configured manually, rather than having a separate return to setting for non-neek / neek games in the global options.

Last edited by clandestine,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.