Hacking USB Loader GX refusing to start up Project M no matter what I do.

Big Man Tyrone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried turning on Ocarina, and using all Hooktypes, but to no avail (I am using vWii). Also, i've tried formatting my Flash Drive to WBFS, but to no avail.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what version are you using ?

SSBB NTSC U?
USBLoaderGX 126x ?
You don't need to enable Ocarina to load gameconfig, only the hooktype to VBI
And of course have the gameconfig file on either the root of your SD card or on the folder where you store your cheats, but SD root is the easiest and safest place to put it to be sure it's loaded correctly.

Old version of the loader required Ocarina to be enabled (and thus, required at least one cheat code to be enabled too).
I don't know how ProjectM is working, if it's only gameconfig or also ocarina cheats being loaded. If it requires ocarina, then enabled it too, and don't forget to select the cheats you need to enable.

Last edited by Cyan,

Big Man Tyrone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what version are you using ?

SSBB NTSC U?
USBLoaderGX 126x ?
You don't need to enable Ocarina to load gameconfig, only the hooktype to VBI
And of course have the gameconfig file on either the root of your SD card or on the folder where you store your cheats, but SD root is the easiest and safest place to put it to be sure it's loaded correctly.

Old version of the loader required Ocarina to be enabled (and thus, required at least one cheat code to be enabled too).
I don't know how ProjectM is working, if it's only gameconfig or also ocarina cheats being loaded. If it requires ocarina, then enabled it too, and don't forget to select the cheats you need to enable.
It is NTSC U
I used the one located on SourceForge.
And gameconfig.txt is on the root of SD.

Last edited by Big Man Tyrone2,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know, I never tried a XC on vWii
the game is run from cIOS, and if you can see that SDXC card inside the loader using the same cIOS it should work in the game.
But just in case, do you have a SDHC to try with?

Big Man Tyrone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, I never tried a XC on vWii
the game is run from cIOS, and if you can see that SDXC card inside the loader using the same cIOS it should work in the game.
But just in case, do you have a SDHC to try with?
Unfortunately, i don't have any with enough space. So I decided to just buy another copy of Brawl from Amazon. But thanks for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*