Homebrew Usb Loader GX Only Detects Hard Drive Half Of The TIme

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I am an intermediate soft modder for the Wii I love the Wii console and want to expand to it greatest potential but recently I found out the WBFS format has a 500 game limit now I do not have Even close to 500 games but I can definitely see my game library expanding drastically. So what I did the fix this problem is copied all my games over to myPCc then format the drive in NTFS then copied my games bach over all my games were detected but it took me two tried to get USB Loader GX to load up as it got stuck at the initializing hard drive Phase as it sometimes does I force shut down the Wii and started it up again and it worked all my games were there when my friend was over and we wanted to switch games I went back into USB loader and the same thing happen froze, reset, working and the same thing happened over and over again. so I thought to myself why don't I just try Wii flow and that instantly fail it gave me the lovely DSI dump screen. so I went back to USB loader and the same thing keeps happening can anyone tell me what is going on and how to fix the hard drive freezing error and keep the unlimited game limit any help will be apprcaited.(also i want to stay with USB load GX if at all possible.)

my hard drive is a WD my passport 1tb formated in NTFS

wii is on 4.3u

Usb loader gx rev 1260

azy77

Trophies
XP
Country
I have this problem sometimes as my 1tb passport has a slow speed on the wii - when it does not initialise I goto settings, hard drive, then click the 1st or second option on the list, I can't remember what it says - but this temporarily freezes the menu while hard drive initialises and on same menu it suddenly shows 931gb free then I go back to main menu and at this point the game selection is sometimes blank so I have to click on option which selects which games to show (near top left of screen) and tick wii games and they all then show.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this problem sometimes as my 1tb passport has a slow speed on the wii - when it does not initialise I goto settings, hard drive, then click the 1st or second option on the list, I can't remember what it says - but this temporarily freezes the menu while hard drive initialises and on same menu it suddenly shows 931gb free then I go back to main menu and at this point the game selection is sometimes blank so I have to click on option which selects which games to show (near top left of screen) and tick wii games and they all then show.

Bruh i figured it out set the ios to 222 and format it to NTFS everything should work if not go into USB loaders settings and reset everything to default it should be on the third page.

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using an HDDthat uses external power (AC plug, batteries, etc) or using one that draws power from the console's usb port (via bus)?

If you're using an HDD that has no external power supply, the Wii console might not be providing enough power to it, which can cause some strange detection issues at times. You should use a splitter so the HDD is supplied with power from both the ports on the Wii.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like your cIOS setup is out of date. Hermes cIOS, while it works, is very old.

Hermes/Waninkok cIOS and WBFS are no longer updated. Currently FAT32 or NTFS with d2x cIOS are the best bet. NTFS should absolutely not be necessary, though, and it doesn't work with Homebrew Channel or Gamecube games.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like your cIOS setup is out of date. Hermes cIOS, while it works, is very old.

Hermes/Waninkok cIOS and WBFS are no longer updated. Currently FAT32 or NTFS with d2x cIOS are the best bet. NTFS should absolutely not be necessary, though, and it doesn't work with Homebrew Channel or Gamecube games.

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT DOESNT WORK WITH GAMECUBE GAMES i dont have any im my libraray at the moments but i plan to get some

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021