Hacking USB Loader GX not recognizing SSBB?

Kingtata

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In April, I started getting into homebrew. By May, I had successfully gotten all the games that I own onto the Loader. The only reason I did this was that my Wii Disk Runner-thingy had stopped working. This meant that I had to get the games that I had from online. Everything was smooth, when I read that WBFS support is running low. So through Command Prompt, I changed the WBFS drive to NTFS, because everyone said NTFS is the best. Before I did this, Smash was working. After I did this, Smash wouldn't show up in Wii Flow. As a matter of fact, Wii Flow stopped recognizing my drive COMPLETELY. I didnt have USB loader because it wouldn't work at the beginning. I tried, got USB working, and I had my games back. But Smash was missing.

I did everything I could, but nothing worked. I tried a Hash (I think that is what it's called, wd-5 hash I think) I tried changing the game between .iso and .wbfs. nothing worked. I tried looking online, but nothing said anything about this.

Can anyone help me? Thanks!:lol::wacko:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So through Command Prompt, I changed the WBFS drive to NTFS, because everyone said NTFS is the best.
There's no command prompt to convert a WBFS to NTFS
and everyone should tell you FAT32 is the best, not NTFS. There's a program to convert WBFS to FAT32, so maybe you mix both FAT32 and NTFS?

Well, both FAT32 and NTFS are working with USBloaders; so if you really have NTFS that's fine to keep.
if your USB Loader doesn't recognize the drive, maybe you have an old loader version without NTFS support?
Or maybe your drive is not formated correctly, or the path to the game is wrong. Or your game is corrupted (might be incomplete and corrupted due to WBFS format you used before).

What you should do :
1. put your drive on computer and verify it's FAT32 or NTFS
2. look where your game is located, and while folder and filename you currently have (let us know the full path to the game, including filename and extension)
3. update your USB Loader if you use an old one
4. if you have an old cIOS, it's not compatible with NTFS, but let's see that later.

Kingtata

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
What I was saying is that Wii Flow didnt recognize NTFS, but USB Loader GX did. It is just that ssbb wasn't there in the list of games.
Thank you for responding, and I will let you know about the file path to the game.

P.S: Quote from CNET.
"you can switch to NTFS without reformatting your hard disk and restoring your apps and data from a backup. Just choose Start, Run, type cmd.exe, and press <Enter> to open a Command Prompt window. Now type convert followed by a space, the drive letter, a colon, another space, and finally /fs:ntfs. For example, enter convert c: /fs:ntfs if you want to convert your C: drive to NTFS."

I did it that way, and it then says Enter Volume Label.

I did that, and it converted. Without losing data. I know it's not WBFS, because I can access the hard drive through File Explorer or whatever it is called, but with WBFS it says unsupported type, blah blah blah.. I'll check though.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the "convert" command is used to convert a FAT or FAT32 to NTFS, not a WBFS partition.

Maybe you had FAT32 before, in that case the files are kept when converting to NTFS.

Kingtata

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird. Can anyone try to convert from WBFS to NTFS? Though you won't be able to convert back without erasing the content.

One thing that may help, the hard drive is 1 TB, and is split into 2 partitions. One for Wii and one for regular stuff. (Computer is running out of space). Right now, I can't access the computer because the charger is not working, but I plan to fix it today or tommorow.
If anyone can pitch in, please do. I haven't played smash in 1-2 months now haha

Kingtata

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
press one of the buttons (near the top, idr which 1) and check Wii games, its defaultly set to off.
USB Loader GX can see other games, just not SSBB.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Update, I fixed my computer, and this is the file path.

F:\wbfs\Super Smash Bros. Brawl [RSBE01]

The game is .wbfs, but I had it as .iso before and it still didn't work.

The name of the .wbfs is "Super Smash Bros. Brawl.wbfs"

Update 2:

GOSH I'M SO STUPID.

Though this isn't my fault, I noticed that all my other games had their game tag thing as the iso/wbfs file name.

Example: Super Smash Bros. Brawl's .iso file should be named 'RSBE01.wbfs' not
'Super Smash Bros. Brawl.wbfs' Thanks everyone for helping, but tip for everyone having the same problem: Check the file name.

I don't even KNOW how this happened, but I'm guessing when I put the old .iso Smash file into 'ISO to WBFS' (a program; note that Smash was working perfectly fine before) it changed the name to that. I haven't even tested what I suspect, but I'll update if it is working/ not working.

Bye! :D:yaywii:

Last edited by Kingtata,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...