Hacking USB Loader GX Launch Wii Game black screen back to HB Chan

ToolPunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooked drive to computer tested 20 wii games playing from the HDD through Dolphin Emu and no issues.

ToolPunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooktype - none (never messed with that previously), Video Mode - Disc Default (Also tried System Default), Loader set to IOS 58 and Game's IOS set to 249 (Black screens with Game's IOS set to 250 also).

ToolPunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deleted every Wii game on the HDD used WBM to transfer just one game and still black screen

Dodo764

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've got the exact same problem.
Try CFG loader, the games should work fine with it.

I'm not such a good expert like the others, but I was having the same issue.
So please give it a try and let us know about the results.

Reactions: Mr. Mysterio

ToolPunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG TY Dodo764!! Trying CFG loader lead me to the answer to my problem.

I loaded up CFG loader and it said it could not load device on port 0.. I thought I was at a loss again. Then I realized this whole time I have been using Port 1 with USB Loader GX. This is the port I have been using with no issues and for some reason this must have changed.

I plugged the drive into Port 0 and BAM!! CFG loader Worked.. Loaded up USB Loader GX and BAM!! Worked. For some reason, don't know what changed but I had to switch from Port 1 to Port 0 on the USB and all is fixed.

I had my Guitar/Drums/USB Hub in Port 0 so I know for a fact I was using Port 1 this whole time with no issue. I don't know if it was an update to USB Loader GX, the WiiU or just confusion in files but Switching Ports Fixed the issue.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
USBLoaderGX didn't change the way it mounts the USBPorts.
Maybe you reinstalled a different cIOS ?

Only hermes, d2x v9 and d2x v10-alt are compatible with Port1.
Other cIOS (d2x v10 not alt for example) is compatible only with Port0.
If you replaced or changed the slot in USBLoaderGX setting, it is now using a cIOS compatible with Port0 only.

What would be interesting is to know what cIOS version and base you had.
Maybe you had a setting set to slot250 (with v10-alt), and you reseted the loader settings so it's now using slot249 (where you have v10 not alt)

It's just possibilities.
You said you reinstalled d2x now, so it replaced them.
If you want Port1 support in the loader, be sure to install d2x r53 (10-alt).

ToolPunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I am not sure how it worked out because I didn't redownload d2x I used the same one I already had on my computer, I used d2x-v10-beta52-vWii. When plugged into Port 1 USBLoaderGX loads my HDD up, shows all of my GC/Wii Games, loads GC games, it just black screens when I try to load a Wii game.

Like I said, I have been using in Port 1 up until now, my USB Hub was plugged into the other Port and I had to unplug it to connect the HDD. Mystery I suppose.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I am not sure how it worked out because I didn't redownload d2x I used the same one I already had on my computer, I used d2x-v10-beta52-vWii. When plugged into Port 1 USBLoaderGX loads my HDD up, shows all of my GC/Wii Games, loads GC games, it just black screens when I try to load a Wii game.

Like I said, I have been using in Port 1 up until now, my USB Hub was plugged into the other Port and I had to unplug it to connect the HDD. Mystery I suppose.

I actually have had this happen, but I think it was due to different source for the files. CIOSCORP email vs forum link for example. Albeit this was on an actual Wii. That's the only way I can think of it happening. So it really would be a user error, but perhaps not all your fault.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp