Hacking USB Loader GX is showing only some games

angela18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I´m running USB Loader GX in vWii using a FAT32 HDD (4096) with Gamecube games on it as well. Problem is that USB Loader GX is showing 387 games, while I have 507 on the HDD. When I export the game list to a txt file from USB Loader GX it does show 507 in this text file (Wii Backup Manager also shows 507 games in this HDD). It is a 2TB HDD and it is not hidden. Is there something I´m doing wrong? Thanks.

Last edited by angela18,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If Wiibackupmanager see them, I'll suppose the path and filename are correct.
maybe it's a filtering issue.

It could be :
- Favorite button is enabled, but you have some games without stars : Disable the favorite star button on the left of the top menu.
- Categories are not displaying all games : open the category menu (desk/drawer icon in the top menu) and be sure "ALL" (the first item) has a check mark. Not empty, not a cross.
- parental control is hiding games with mature content : do not lock the loader (lock icon in the top menu). <-- that one is very rare, I guess nobody lock their loader unless they have kids.

Now, let's assume the issue is really the path/filename:
(probably not, if it can correctly export 507 games, but let's explain it anyway)

go to Wii backup Manager
settings
FAT32/NTFS tab
enable "Automatically update storage convention when drive is mounted"
select naming style "Title [ID]"
save and exit the settings.
Go to "drive1" tab and select your partition where you have Wii games.
it will automatically fix all your path and filename issues to use /wbfs/game's title [GameID6]/GameID6.wbfx
exit the program.

Try again in the loader.

Reactions: angela18

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii Backup Manager has an option to rename all titles to ensure they're correct, too. Oh, wait, that's what Cyan was explaining. WBM's UI confuses me. :P

angela18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the prompt reply. I guess the filepath and names are correct. In fact I formatted the HDD yesterday and tested with only one game (to see if it was working), and it worked. After that I spent some hours copying the other games, and when I opened USB Loader GX again, I could see only some games and the game I test it (the 1st one) dissapeared from the list. I will try these tweaikngs and will report back. Thanks!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It still doesnt work...

Hello.:)

Did you have checked the "Select Loader Mode" in USBLoader GX ?

P1360584.JPG P1360585.JPG

Thank you.:)

VillagerHenry

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Alexander1970

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, that's the one I was talking about.
the star at the far left of the top menu, the first icon of the top menu.

if you enable that one, only games star'd (ranked by you, from 1 to 5) are displayed. And if didn't disable the option, all new added game in last 24H even if not star'd yet.
if you disable it, all games are displayed, even the one without a rank.

Which star are you talking about then, if it wasn't that one?
There is one button which can look like a star, between the actual Star option and the "choose game source" button.
that one is a swappable option each time you click on it it to let you choose how to sort displayed games :
Alphabetically > Play count > Star ranked > Number of player > back to the alphabetical order.
the "star ranked" order also looks like a star, I guess that's the one you tried?

Last edited by Cyan,

VillagerHenry

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
yes, that's the one I was talking about.
the star at the far left of the top menu, the first icon of the top menu.

if you enable that one, only games star'd (ranked by you, from 1 to 5) are displayed. And if didn't disable the option, all new added game in last 24H even if not star'd yet.
if you disable it, all games are displayed, even the one without a rank.

Which star are you talking about then, if it wasn't that one?
There is one button which can look like a star, between the actual Star option and the "choose game source" button.
that one is a swappable option each time you click on it it to let you choose how to sort displayed games :
Alphabetically > Play count > Star ranked > Number of player > back to the alphabetical order.
the "star ranked" order also looks like a star, I guess that's the one you tried?
I was talking about the favorite star at the left of the tool bar.

TickMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh God, it was the "favourites" that was enabled. Thanks for the help Cyan! I feel so dumb now. :)
I know this thread is like 5 years old but thxs so much for this simple solution because i feel super dumb after trying to figure this out for 15 minutes

Komono

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If Wiibackupmanager see them, I'll suppose the path and filename are correct.
maybe it's a filtering issue.

It could be :
- Favorite button is enabled, but you have some games without stars : Disable the favorite star button on the left of the top menu.
- Categories are not displaying all games : open the category menu (desk/drawer icon in the top menu) and be sure "ALL" (the first item) has a check mark. Not empty, not a cross.
- parental control is hiding games with mature content : do not lock the loader (lock icon in the top menu). <-- that one is very rare, I guess nobody lock their loader unless they have kids.

Now, let's assume the issue is really the path/filename:
(probably not, if it can correctly export 507 games, but let's explain it anyway)

go to Wii backup Manager
settings
FAT32/NTFS tab
enable "Automatically update storage convention when drive is mounted"
select naming style "Title [ID]"
save and exit the settings.
Go to "drive1" tab and select your partition where you have Wii games.
it will automatically fix all your path and filename issues to use /wbfs/game's title [GameID6]/GameID6.wbfx
exit the program.

Try again in the loader.
You have no idea of how much I am thankful to you. I was struggling a lot, i also reinstalled every game and it was not working❤️

Reactions: Cyan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPNOEb12u5s