SuperMew98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings everyone!

I need a bit of help with USB Loader GX (Rev1239, to be exact).

I am trying to save all of my game saves (channels and WBFSes) to my emulated NAND (except for a few games). No matter what my settings are set to, it always saves and loads from the internal NAND.

My Nand Saves Emulation is set to Partial and the Nand Chan. Emulation is set to Full.

Any suggestions on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated.

-SuperMew98

SuperMew98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I'm still kinda new to Loader GX. In the credits, I saw IOS249, but I don't see any cIOS.

Also, I've always been a WiiFlow person. Is there a possibility anyone could help me get NAND emulation to work in there (I know, the title would be misleading then)? I only switched to USB Loader because I could actually run emulated NAND channels.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
go to settings>credit
look at the top right to find your current cIOS version.

it should be something like that:
cIOS 249 d2x v8
base 56

it will tells you that you are using Slot 249
the slot249 contains a system file (IOS) which is patched (custom) -> custom IOS -> cIOS
that cIOS if version "d2x v8"
and is based on the original IOS56

Which means that the official Nintendo IOS file located in slot 56 has been patched by d2x v8 to add USB support for wii games, and the result is installed in slot 249.

Tell us what you see in the top right.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks.

so you are using USBLoaderGX revision 1239
the loader runs using the slot 249
the slot249 contains IOS56 patched by d2x v10

You have the latest version of the cIOS and it's correctly installed and used.
the version of the loader you are using is fine too, even if not the latest. you don't need the newer but you can install it if you want.

Your settings are correct:
EmuNAND save : partial
EmuNAND channel : Full

it should redirect Wii games disc savegames to EmuNAND Path
It should launch channels located on EmuNAND correctly
It WILL NOT redirect save from a channel installed on RealNAND. (I found out that this is not in the loader's code. EmuNAND save is only affecting Wii game discs)

Are you sure the options are not working?
Did you try to delete your savegame on your Wii to be sure it's not accessing it?

SuperMew98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so to test out saving to the emulated NAND, I took a game I have both a file version and a disc version of (Bakugan Battle Brawlers, if you're curious). I deleted the save using the file version, and when I tried loading the disc through the Disc Channel, the file was deleted there, too.

For WiiFlow (which I would rather use than GX), I found out I was using a fairly old version (4.0.2!). I updated it to the newest stable version, which is 4.2.1, and now it sees the emulated NAND channels, but attempting to play them returns me back to WiiFlow. Same with the file Wii games. When trying to play them, they show a black screen for about 30 seconds and return back to WiiFlow.

And I'm sorry if I'm making this confusing by mixing these two loaders into one topic.

Last edited by SuperMew98,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not confused by talking about wiiflow, but by what you said about the save.

I don't understand what you mean by "file version". you mean in wbfs format?
disc version is retail disc launching?

"Deleting the save using the file version" I don't understand.
The save is the same for both Disc launching and ISO launching from USBLoader.

Where did you "delete the save" ?
you used the official Wii savegame data manager?

If you enable "EmuNAND Save : Partial", then the savegame will be located on your sd:/nand/title/00000001/ folder.
if you disable it, it will save on your internal NAND.

SuperMew98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for the misunderstanding.

File version: WBFS of Bakugan
Disc version: Retail copy of Bakugan

"Deleting the save using the file version": I launched the WBFS of the game and deleted the save through the game (not from the official Wii Save Manager).

I don't mean to sound rude, but imagine it like this:

You walk up to a piece of paper and write "Hello" on the paper. You leave, and your friend comes up and erases it. Then he leaves, and you come back again. It doesn't say "hello" anymore.

In other words, they are both accessing the same save file whichever way I run the game.

SuperMew98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what happened, but now I'm getting Exception (DSI) Dump in a loop every time I try to run WiiFlow. I tried deleting WiiFlow and replacing it with a fresh copy, I formatting my SD card, downgrading one version down, and the only suggestion I have left is to restore the internal NAND with a backup using BootMii. Should I do this?

Before I reformatted my SD, I did a scan, and found out I had about 63 orphan clusters. I'm not sure if restoring a NAND backup would be a smart thing imo.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can get WiiFlow to boot from an apps folder from SD change the system options to "force IOS" and set it to load 249. It should then work properly from a hard drive. That setting is saved in a Wii save file in NAND. (Disconnect the HD while you're changing the IOS option in WiiFlow from SD.)

Reactions: SuperMew98

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah I understand now.

And don't restore a NAND backup.
You didn't break it, don't do anything to it that could be worse.

you need to find what's causing the DSI.
Maybe it's the configs.
Wiiflow is storing save/config directly on the console.
Delete that settings from the data manager.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
in your Wii data management menu.
In your system menu, the bottom left button where you can see your Wii game's savegame you will find Wiiflow setting savegame too.

SuperMew98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I deleted it. Do you know, was that introduced in the newer versions of WiiFlow? I don't recall seeing that save there before…

EDIT: It still refuses to run. :( Should I delete the wiiflow folder from the root of my SD card?

EDIT 2: I backed it up to my computer, and deleted it from the SD. Still, it refuses to work.

EDIT 3: I also scanned my Wii using PimpMyWii, and it told me I was missing cIOS251 d2x. So I installed that, and once again, it STILL doesn't work. :angry: I even tried different hard drives, and, I bet you can guess what happened.

Last edited by SuperMew98,

SuperMew98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I can tell, I've fixed it! What I did was launch WiiFlow without my HDD plugged in. Once I did that, I didn't get an "Exception (DSI) occurred" error. Next, I went to the settings and forced WiiFlow to load with IOS 249. That solved my problem, and now I can play my Wii games AND my WW/VC games from my emulated NAND, AND save the game saves to the HDD! There is only one game that, no matter what the settings are set to, it always saves to the internal NAND, and that game is Worms: Battle Islands [SILE78]. But I've decided to let that one slide.

All in all, I want to give my sincere thanks to both Cyan and GreyWolf for their time and effort in helping me with getting WiiFlow to fit my needs. I really owe you guys one! :yaywii::bow:

Reactions: GreyWolf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: YouTube man