Hacking USB Loader GX - Can't Install Games

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I submitted an issue to the Loader's Google Code page, but I thought maybe someone else here could help me that isn't there (two times the help!
laugh.gif
). Long story short, I can't install games to my flash drive. Doesn't matter what game it it is or whether or not it's retail or backup. It just plain won't work. I have a single-partition FAT filesystem USB drive (16GB). I installed Hermes cIOS rev 4 and set the loader to cIOS 223. I just can't see what the problem is. I tested the Configurable USB loader, and it can install, so why not GX? (And please don't just tell me to switch to the CFG Loader, I like GX.)

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
VoltManEXE said:
(And please don't just tell me to switch to the CFG Loader, I like GX.)
ROFL xD

What i do is the following, let the loader use cios revx 19 (57) base.
IF i press + button to install it will freeze, so what trick do you need to use to get it working? Pretty easy.
You get in usbloader gx (wait for everything to load till you see your games/covers etc), then you insert the game disc, pop-up comes up to install game, and it will install!

I think i solved your problem.

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. I used cIOSX rev 19 before. I was told the latest rev of GX doesn't work with cIOSX (and it didn't, I had to use Hermes to even run my games). I also tried to install my games while running cIOSX, but still it didn't work.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VoltManEXE said:
Nope. I used cIOSX rev 19 before. I was told the latest rev of GX doesn't work with cIOSX (and it didn't, I had to use Hermes to even run my games). I also tried to install my games while running cIOSX, but still it didn't work.

It is broken. Go back to rev921 if you want to install games and then switch back.

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bula said:
VoltManEXE said:

It is broken. Go back to rev921 if you want to install games and then switch back.
Oh, I see. Ok, thanks. And maybe it will be fixed in the next release?

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@OP did you even read what i replied?

QUOTE said:
You get in usbloader gx (wait for everything to load till you see your games/covers etc), then you insert the game disc, pop-up comes up to install game, and it will install!

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bjorno said:

QUOTE said:

Yes, I did. And As I've said that doesn't work. Did you read what I replied? QUOTE
And bula, unfortunately, rev 921 doesn't work either. =[ I still get the "Install Error!" message.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
VoltManEXE said:
bjorno said:

QUOTE said:

Yes, I did. And As I've said that doesn't work. Did you read what I replied? QUOTE
And bula, unfortunately, rev 921 doesn't work either. =[ I still get the "Install Error!" message.

Thats weird. Cuz installing game is working perfectly for me. (using the trick)
And yeah im using the latest one O_O
What about running GX from ciosX? rev 19?, can you explain in more detail what happens if you use ciosx rev 19 to run your games with usbloadergx?

So, try the latest version of usb loader gx. Install ciosX 19 (57). Insert disc > pop up shows up >install?
And if it doesnt work, i want to know what you did and what happenend.

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bjorno said:
Thats weird. Cuz installing game is working perfectly for me. (using the trick)
And yeah im using the latest one O_O
What about running GX from ciosX? rev 19?, can you explain in more detail what happens if you use ciosx rev 19 to run your games with usbloadergx?

So, try the latest version of usb loader gx. Install ciosX 19 (57). Insert disc > pop up shows up >install?
And if it doesnt work, i want to know what you did and what happenend.
First of all... Really? If you would have read what I posted before, you would know that that is what I tried in the first place. Simply put, cIOSX is out of the question. I even reinstalled it and tried it again, and like I said, I still get the install error while trying to install games. It doesn't matter what cIOS i'm using either, Hermes or cIOSX, installing just plain won't work. While trying to actually load the games with cIOSX, I get a DSI exception. (and by the way, there really is no "trick". What you described is the loader's Auto-Install feature.)

zalman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah I get this too. I kept waiting for USB Loader GX to be updated, but it hasn't been for half a year. I suppose it's dead now?

That's too bad, since only it has the easy interface plus parental controls for kids.

sparhawk110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I had this EXACT same issue. Here is how I fixed. No worries Im not going to go into some big explanation for it, but I will say I read, ALOT, on several sites, put all the info together and came up with this, in MY case. May not work for you but did for me.

1. I removed my USB Loader GX folder from apps to be sure I got rid of all of it.
2. I then put in rev r929
3. Went into global settings and turned OFF Beta Updates -not sure if this does anything directly but it was suggested so i did.
4. Installed rev 17 of cIOS 249 - I think b/c 19 doesnt play well with r929 if i remember right.

This fixed it, where nothing else I tried would. I think sometimes we have to just realize that although methodically we are all trying to do the same thing, each Wii depending on what we install and what verison/region/whatever else we run, makes things unique to our own setup. I plan to very soon test each of the newer revs of USB Loader GX, to see if any of them will work, possibly the info I found was for the known working one at the time, and maybe there have been updates that will also work since then. But I do know that the newest version I was trying behaved exactly like yours is. Let me know if this helps any. Yes, Im using an older version but I have yet to find anything that im missing out on using it. If someone can tell me what is different about the newer beta versions I'm willing to listen, but for now, this works perfectly for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk